The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car being mapped today..... what will it make?

Pig

Nope, my aem cant take the new software or something like that.

Sounds like they were maybe doing a firmware update.

Just a quick note, with the later firmware versions the ECU switches the serial out to telemetry datastream within about 3 to 5 seconds, this is for the serial datastream gauge and can be turned off if you dont have one, its also recommended that it is disabled during mapping as it can be a real pita having to connect so quick from ignition on. Once the ECU goes into telemettry datastream you cannot connect with AEM Pro to map until the ECU is reset/power cycled.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any particular reason for this?

EDIT: apart from the obvious, I mean did you have any problems that made you do it?

Yes, the turbo needed to be re-furbed. The shaft was bent (had been to about 1500 C in its life. I dread to think when and the bearing was also ruined.

Sent to turbo dynamics and let them and tdi spec it. im looking forward to the results

Sounds like they were maybe doing a firmware update.

Just a quick note, with the later firmware versions the ECU switches the serial out to telemetry datastream within about 3 to 5 seconds, this is for the serial datastream gauge and can be turned off if you dont have one, its also recommended that it is disabled during mapping as it can be a real pita having to connect so quick from ignition on. Once the ECU goes into telemettry datastream you cannot connect with AEM Pro to map until the ECU is reset/power cycled.

Maybe something along those line :blush:

Jon rang me earlier and he was very happy so far. He's swore me to secrecy though ;) Gaz1 was with him and did ask if I was drunk though, whats that all about :blink: Ba*tard :D

I'm betting you won't hear from Jon until tomorrow now as I think he was planning on going out on the lash with Gaz.

Thanks guys. cant believe how well the car drives and it only on a quick map.

showed john d a thing or two on his low boost (1.4bar) on the straight today :rlol:

nice to meet you to wez, shame were were not able to have a blat. next time eh :)

Thanks guys. cant believe how well the car drives and it only on a quick map.

showed john d a thing or two on his low boost (1.4bar) on the straight today :rlol:

nice to meet you to wez, shame were were not able to have a blat. next time eh :)

lol was that the going sidways bit on the grass :D was a good day mate

Glad you got it all sorted in the end... Ive not read the entire thread so sorry for asking a silly question... What power did it make before it was sorted by TDI?

447 at the wheels @ 1.3 bar. Turbo has been re-furbed since then and is a completly different car to drive. It drives like a normal car. Its lovely.