The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scary drive home...

Guest Nicholas

Thanks for your concern :) but again this thread was not an "I was driving too fast in the wet" more of an "advice for people with rubbish tyre's that use the stock tc"

Are we friends again? :hug::friends:

What about 4 odd tyres (one of which has worn in the middle due to over-inflation) and a perticular HKS T04R turbo kit and an idiot behind the wheel?:jester:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your concern :) but again this thread was not an "I was driving too fast in the wet" more of an "advice for people with rubbish tyre's that use the stock tc"

Are we friends again? :hug::friends:

Sure, but promise you will change tires and switch off TC next time! :hug:

Guest Nicholas
What about 4 odd tyres (one of which has worn in the middle due to over-inflation) and a perticular HKS T04R turbo kit and an idiot behind the wheel?:jester:

lol good turbo is that matey and I still need a spin in it!! :)

Buy the carbon one off b'have.:p

Nope I want a uk one ;)

Sure, but promise you will change tires and switch off TC next time! :hug:

the car won't go out in the wet again and when it's ready to go out in the dry it wont have any tc and will be wrapped in R888's :)

blah blah blah blah blah.

Driver aids.

Safety features.

There to help or there to hinder?

I was taught, that if they kick in then you are;

Driving too fast for the conditions.

You've overcooked it.

Your right foot is too heavy

Lack of planning or anticipation or vision.

You are a twat or

All of the above.

:D

I will, however, admit that the stock system is obtrusive and could in some situations in my opinion catch out an inexperienced driver or one who is not used to the stock TC system.

blah blah blah blah blah.

Driver aids.

Safety features.

There to help or there to hinder?

I was taught, that if they kick in then you are;

Driving too fast for the conditions.

You've overcooked it.

Your right foot is too heavy

Lack of planning or anticipation or vision.

You are a twat or

All of the above.

:D

I will, however, admit that the stock system is obtrusive and could in some situations in my opinion catch out an inexperienced driver or one who is not used to the stock TC system.

True..............however i've noticed that racing drivers usually turn the driving aids off as they take away feedback and inhibit performance.:)

reading this has me pretty on edge about getting my TT, i haven't driven a rwd car before apart from a Nissan serena van which i managed to drift purposely on round abouts but obviously a huge lack in power also i haven't driven any thing over 200bhp, however i am a sensible driver so i know when and not to put my foot down, traction controle is designed to stop you going out of control it can't be that bad that it put's you out of control Toyota would have spent millions developing the car, how is it that it is so bad it dangerous? and if thats the case how much, what make/model and where do i buy a RLTC , because if thats the case i don't want to have my new car rapped round a tree.

If it was so bad in the rain it'd never have left Toyota's design team, let alone their factory, let alone a dealership.

Stick some decent tyres on and drive to the conditions and it will be fine. Get RLTC if you want to but remember that it doesn't stick you to the road with magic glue. It cannot overcome the laws of physics but it will make the car easier to drive. It's much easier to make a quick exit at a junction with RL than it is with the stock TC.

The Supra was my first RWD car and a good couple of hundred BHP over anything I'd owned before. I drive it every day come rain or shine. I've even driven in snow.

If you drive with a sensible head on then it'll be fine. Just watch out for diesel! :rolleyes:

Great thread. Stock TC saved me many times when i was learning to drive the car. Then i put RLTC on and i cant rave about it enough. After i went manual with single RLTC was dis-engaged as was stock TC - Never had so much fun in my car.

Due to get the car back at the weekend and RLTC will be back on it :)

True..............however i've noticed that racing drivers usually turn the driving aids off as they take away feedback and inhibit performance.:)

F1 drivers drive with it on. Depends on the conditions, you want to maximise the grip as best you can depending on the road conditions you're driving on... ie minimize wheel spin when coming out of a corner etc.. but tbh the stock TRC system cant compare with more modern systems as its fairly basic.

... I dunno what this TRC coming in mid corner at 60mph is all about tho.. sounds like total bollocks or you were driving like a complete tit. :blink: The only times I've had it come in over 40 mph was on a wet road and I was pushing too hard and around the Ring where I was throwing it around some corners.

The pet food people?
LOL - I thought that was IAMS?

Hallelujah, praise the Lord.:)
:rolleyes::p

Oh! I thought it was http://www.iams.co.uk

How silly do I feel now!

Told you so Jake. :p

Try http://www.iam.org.uk :tongue:

For what it's worth Nick, just be thankful you didn't have to drive a (mph converted) Tiptronic Supra. The Trac on those is absolutely dreadful. It's easily twice as dangerous as regular TT Traction 'Control'

:blink: It is? Well blow me down, that's what I've got.

I thought the old one was worse for some reason. :eyebrows:

But then again - see Dougs answer at post #62. :)

And as Martin said - no-one can account for a diesel spill. ;)

Guest Nicholas
For what it's worth Nick, just be thankful you didn't have to drive a (mph converted) Tiptronic Supra. The Trac on those is absolutely dreadful. It's easily twice as dangerous as regular TT Traction 'Control'

Blimey is it really that bad?? :blink:

I thought it was pretty obvious that i was driving like a tit.

Plus it comes on in a straight line above 60 with the T04R on! LMBYB

F1 drivers drive with it on. Depends on the conditions, you want to maximise the grip as best you can depending on the road conditions you're driving on... ie minimize wheel spin when coming out of a corner etc.. but tbh the stock TRC system cant compare with more modern systems as its fairly basic.

... I dunno what this TRC coming in mid corner at 60mph is all about tho.. sounds like total bollocks or you were driving like a complete tit. :blink: The only times I've had it come in over 40 mph was on a wet road and I was pushing too hard and around the Ring where I was throwing it around some corners.