The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scary drive home...

Guest Nicholas

Actually, thanks for that, I seems to be too diplomatic, that's why people pointing out that I canot "feel it" because I have NA ;)

Oh, you have an NA. Piece of piss in the wet. You should even be able to drive flat out in snow without much chance of coming a cropper.:p

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicholas
Actually, thanks for that, I seems to be too diplomatic, that's why people pointing out that I canot "feel it" because I have NA ;)

My comment was aimed at the fact that you drive an n/a so how could you possibly understand what I'm talking about? unless you have a TT and have driven it in the wet with tc on :)

Don't go getting upset on me now :)

Guest Nicholas
Oh aye that drive to the shops, remind me, did we get out of 2nd?!

All i can say Nick, you want it doing properly, DIY, and perfection takes time ;)

A bit off topic but... :D Matt K's on about coming to the shire for a few beers at the weekend matey you gonna join us?

You're not alone, I'm with you all the way. I find it horribly intrusive and a dangerous system for drivers *who know how to control a high power RWD car*. If you find the stock TC helps, then you need driving lessons!

Edited to add that RLTC is another matter alltogether...

Yep, 100% true, i find for some people it gives them a false sense of security, i always leave mine off, ul learn a lot more that way

Guest Nicholas
Aye mate, sounds good

ill shoot a pm to you before then, or you got my number didnt ya?

pm me it again bud got a new phone and forgot to copy my contacts over :)

Just out of interest what do you drive for a living? ;)

It is not, what i'm driving, but in what conditions I was driving and how many hours I'm spending on road. Once you drive 10 years every single winter on bone-frozen roads, you will learn that there is no difference between "high-powered" car and any other rear wheel drive car, they will be out of control in no time, if you do not know, how to drive or simply drive like "an idiot". By any means, I can put my Supra onto sliding no problem, I can drift her without loosing control, question is - why would i do that in situation I'm not sure I can keep her in control? There is no need to warn everyone around to be carefull on wet road, common sense suppose to tell you that.

Guest Nicholas
Oh, you have an NA. Piece of piss in the wet. You should even be able to drive flat out in snow without much chance of coming a cropper.:p

and I thought I had upset him :)

Originally Posted by konio-nt

I can put my Supra onto sliding no problem, I can drift her without loosing control, question is - why would i do that in situation I'm not sure I can keep her in control?

In situation means for example - on ice. If you cannot control your TT with TC turned on and wet road, it means your foot is too heavy. If you know it will kick on on every wheel slide, drive like eldery darling until you will be able to switch off TC or wait for dry road condition.

Guest Nicholas
Originally Posted by konio-nt

I can put my Supra onto sliding no problem, I can drift her without loosing control, question is - why would i do that in situation I'm not sure I can keep her in control?

In situation means for example - on ice. If you cannot control your TT with TC turned on and wet road, it means your foot is too heavy.

Again if you read my original post it's not a case of me controlling the car in wet conditions it's the fact I couldn't turn the tc off and find it scary when it's on. :)

If you want to pm me your number I can talk you through the whole thread so we don't go over this again ;)

Konrad, allegedly you are a lovely bloke and stuff, but you need to stop trying to argue like this :p :rlol:

Drive a TT in the rain, reasonably quickly with stock TC on, and then come back ;)

I know, that was my point entirely - you do not drive TT reasonably quickly in the rain with stock TC on. That's what i had on mind when talking about common sense ;)

reading this has me pretty on edge about getting my TT, i haven't driven a rwd car before apart from a Nissan serena van which i managed to drift purposely on round abouts but obviously a huge lack in power also i haven't driven any thing over 200bhp, however i am a sensible driver so i know when and not to put my foot down, traction controle is designed to stop you going out of control it can't be that bad that it put's you out of control Toyota would have spent millions developing the car, how is it that it is so bad it dangerous? and if thats the case how much, what make/model and where do i buy a RLTC , because if thats the case i don't want to have my new car rapped round a tree.

Guest Nicholas
I know, that was my point entirely - you do not drive TT reasonably quickly in the rain with stock TC on. That's what i had on mind when talking about common sense ;)

oh my, right here we go again, I couldn't turn the tc off and didn't think to stop and pull the fuse :) hence why I was driving with it on in the wet and yes perhaps driving resonably quickly but as I also said the car has rubbish tyre's which doesn't help :)

Are you still mad at me for what I said about the polish girl that takes my order in subway?? ;) or do you just need a hug? :)

reading this has me pretty on edge about getting my TT, i haven't driven a rwd car before apart from a Nissan serena van which i managed to drift purposely on round abouts but obviously a huge lack in power also i haven't driven any thing over 200bhp, however i am a sensible driver so i know when and not to put my foot down, traction controle is designed to stop you going out of control it can't be that bad that it put's you out of control Toyota would have spent millions developing the car, how is it that it is so bad it dangerous? and if thats the case how much, what make/model and where do i buy a RLTC , because if thats the case i don't want to have my new car rapped round a tree.

It's a bum basic system of 1993 vintage, assuming it was the last thing they designed, which I bet it wasn't, so the tech is atleast 14 years old.

oh my, right here we go again, I couldn't turn the tc off and didn't think to stop and pull the fuse :) hence why I was driving with it on in the wet and yes perhaps driving resonably quickly but as I also said the car has rubbish tyre's which doesn't help :)

Are you still mad at me for what I said about the polish girl that takes my order in subway?? ;) or do you just need a hug? :)

I know you couldn't turnt it off . I will make it simple -

If you CANNOT switch TC off, do NOT drive fast, because there is danger of being cut from power when you are off-guard. Drive like eldery woman, otherwise you can be wiped out by mysterious lorries jumping out on every junction! I'm not mad, just worried, that such a nice guy would hurt himself or worse, when driving with common sense switched off!

You're not alone, I'm with you all the way. I find it horribly intrusive and a dangerous system for drivers *who know how to control a high power RWD car*. If you find the stock TC helps, then you need driving lessons!
I don't have a problem with the stock TC at all - and I'm an IAM member. :p :p

I once went into a corner at 60mph with the stock traction still engaged:blink:, what a mistake the tc kicked in, killed the throttle and applied the brakes (does this on uk models apparently) mid corner, the back of the car snapped to the left with the car heading towards oncoming traffic so i countered and the car snapped to the right sending me towards a stone wall i rocked the steering fish-tailing the car about 3 more times before managing to straighten up apply the brakes and miss the stone wall, a bus shelter and a lamp post all by the narrowest of margins.

It wouldn't of happened if i hadn't being driving like a t**t, but equally it wouldn't of happened if the stock tc was disengaged.

Guest Nicholas
I know you couldn't turnt it off . I will make it simple -

If you CANNOT switch TC off, do NOT drive fast, because there is danger of being cut from power when you are off-guard. Drive like eldery woman, otherwise you can be wiped out by mysterious lorries jumping out on every junction! I'm not mad, just worried, that such a nice guy would hurt himself or worse, when driving with common sense switched off!

Thanks for your concern :) but again this thread was not an "I was driving too fast in the wet" more of an "advice for people with rubbish tyre's that use the stock tc"

Are we friends again? :hug::friends:

Guest Nicholas
I once went into a corner at 60mph with the stock traction still engaged:blink:, what a mistake the tc kicked in, killed the throttle and applied the brakes (does this on uk models apparently) mid corner, the back of the car snapped to the left with the car heading towards oncoming traffic so i countered and the car snapped to the right sending me towards a stone wall i rocked the steering fish-tailing the car about 3 more times before managing to straighten up apply the brakes and miss the stone wall, a bus shelter and a lamp post all by the narrowest of margins.

It wouldn't of happened if i hadn't being driving like a t**t, but equally it wouldn't of happened if the stock tc was disengaged.

Scary stuff - sell me your bonnet :)