The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What does your supra key look like

kieren1234

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame that when you buy an aftermarket car alarm (Toad or Clifford etc), that the supplied remote key fob doesn't come with a blank for your type of motor. You could then have a key fob that sets your alarm and a key to start your car. :)

Considering that all new cars come with that sort of thing anyway, it would save on having bulky keys/fobs in your pocket all the time!

Maybe its a logistical nightmare, but I do like some of these other designs though! :)

Right i got a reply from the guy. For one key it would be $46.98 insured shipping to the UK.

If we ordered 10 keys it would work out $349.98 so there is a little saving there. However for 10 keys he will not accept Paypal only a bank transfer.

Now as the guy is only willing to accept a bank transfer, i am not willing to do this.

Sorry guys.

He will accept Paypal for individual keys, so if you want one i would just buy one yourself.

:)

Not sure whether this is something that Nic can get hold of, may be worth asking.

If someone else wants to take the risk, please speak to the mods first :)

• 1 year later...
probably is ;)

I wondered why my mother used to enjoy just sitting in the Supe in the driveway. For years, she never ventured out on to a public road.

* Watches inheritance vanish into thin air...*

• 3 weeks later...
Any update here? I only have one key for my Supra which has its inherent risks.. really want another one (or two) :)

Go to a key cutters and get one cut.... Thats what I did. He didn't even charge me.

There is a bloke on eBay (search supra key) who sells blank keys that 'flip out' for about £20. Just get one of those. The 'flip out' but is a bit flimsy but its not bad.

Go to a key cutters and get one cut.... Thats what I did. He didn't even charge me.

There is a bloke on eBay (search supra key) who sells blank keys that 'flip out' for about £20. Just get one of those. The 'flip out' but is a bit flimsy but its not bad.

Cheers mate ill try ebay again. I did try local key cutters but for some reason he couldnt get the key right.. it looked.. almost the same, but it was not long enough (by a little bit) and he said there was nothing he could do.. :search:

ill see what ebay yeilds :) i did message one guy selling toyota keys there but he said it wouldnt work on a supra :(