The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT engine in an N/A

Smellywelshman

Bah.... would be a shame to strangle it with a standard exhaust - put something decent on and maybe leave 1 cat in 'til you're used to the power? :eyebrows:

And if it's getting a TT autobox..... maybe a hi stall TC whilst you're there :eyebrows:

Good luck with the conversion

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh aye, I will do mate. A recent 'why am I going sideways down the road????? OOOOOOOOHHHFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......' incident has reaffirmed my respect for the rear wheel drive non-traction-control sweetheart that I own. And thats N/A!! I'll take it easy till I've got the hang of her!;)

Should be around the time I reach Jezzybabes gate, What you rekon!!!!??!!!!:eyebrows:

i think you should takes some pics when its done:D not off the car but of silly grin your gonna have when you take it for its first spin:D

Glad you opted for this Smelly.. Its what I would have done too ;)

While you're getting it done, are you going for a TT limited slip diff? UK brakes? Upping the line pressure in the autobox for the time that you want more power?

And don't forget the service items while you're there such as new cam belt, check the front pulley, new thermostat etc. It really is the best time to get the car in as close to 'as good as new' condition as possible.

Bah.... would be a shame to strangle it with a standard exhaust - put something decent on and maybe leave 1 cat in 'til you're used to the power? :eyebrows:

And if it's getting a TT autobox..... maybe a hi stall TC whilst you're there :eyebrows:

Good luck with the conversion

Cheers, and sorry for my ignorance.... but whats a 'hi stall TC' when its at home:)

The egzorst will have to be about third down the list unfortunately, but seeing as I've now decided to basically keep the car until petrol becomes banned (or runs out, whichevers sooner!)! It WILL get done!

Oh and I need a new roof on my house too..... but I'm not thinking bout that right now (don't tell the girlfriend!) :eyebrows:

i think you should takes some pics when its done:D not off the car but of silly grin your gonna have when you take it for its first spin:D

I wont have to mate..... It'll be that big that you'll be able to see the suns reflection off my teeth from space!!!!

Bring it on!

Glad you opted for this Smelly.. Its what I would have done too ;)

While you're getting it done, are you going for a TT limited slip diff? UK brakes? Upping the line pressure in the autobox for the time that you want more power?

And don't forget the service items while you're there such as new cam belt, check the front pulley, new thermostat etc. It really is the best time to get the car in as close to 'as good as new' condition as possible.

Yeah, the quote that Jezz gave me includes the TT LSD, I'll probably order a new cam belt from Fensport or somewhere and ask Jezz to fit it, oh and plugs too.

Unless they're covered by the quote!!! Jezz?????:D

I'll discuss it with Jezz closer to the time I think.

Cheers, and sorry for my ignorance.... but whats a 'hi stall TC' when its at home:)

high stall Torque Converter :)

It allows us autobox owners to 0wn manual owners at the drag strip :D

In laymans terms it makes the car more 'perky', almost like being in a lower gear if you like until the stall speed of the TC which is an RPM point in the rev range - a 3,200 stall TC (a hi stall TC) performs this behaviour until 3,200 RPM when it's business as usual. The standard toyota TC stall speed is around 2,100 RPM for reference.

Cheers,

Brian.

high stall Torque Converter :)

It allows us autobox owners to 0wn manual owners at the drag strip :D

In laymans terms it makes the car more 'perky', almost like being in a lower gear if you like until the stall speed of the TC which is an RPM point in the rev range - a 3,200 stall TC (a hi stall TC) performs this behaviour until 3,200 RPM when it's business as usual. The standard toyota TC stall speed is around 2,100 RPM for reference.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hmmmmmmmm, that does sound VERY attractive!!

How much would I be looking at for one of those gizmos Brian?

With the roads we have around here, more perkiness low range would be very beneficial!:eyebrows:

brilliant mate
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

can you or jezz take some before and after pics to post cos i like a lot of others are gunna want this in the new year and any feed back would be most welcome

:)

Not a problem, will do!

I probably wont stop gabbin about it on here for ages before and after anyway. My friends and family just dn't understand and keep on telling me to 'shut up about that bloody car!!':(

Phillistines!!!

brilliant mate
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_cool.gif

can you or jezz take some before and after pics to post cos i like a lot of others are gunna want this in the new year and any feed back would be most welcome

:)

I'll be documenting the whole job on the next conversion we do, with pics. I just wish i got a photo of Dibblyuk's face when i first took him out in his freshly converted car :D

I have been reading this thread and people have said sell up and buy a TT

I personally think this is a good idea over selling up and buying a TT here's my logic

Waited ages to get my facelift car with UK brakes, front leather, skirts and spats, LSD, full black carpets and roof lining. Now i would prob only get about 4k for my N/A and i know its been looked after serviced and looks just how i want it too (and has low miles) and a TT is going to be at least 7k (and you would have to wait again to get exactly what you want)

The difference is 3k, which is the price of the conversion so i say get it on mate and good luck and Gaz thats a decent price mate

my 2 penneth guys and girls