• 11 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are struggling to find the right engine oil for your car, don't forget about our free oil advice.

All we need to know is

Make:

Model:

Year:

Engine type:

Performance modifications:

Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)

Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known

If you need help you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at [email protected], or use our Recommendation form, or just ask here.

what are your thoughts on lucas transmission fix stop slip ?

toyota

supra

auto

525 bhp 510 ftlb

fast road driving

He's the "oilman". You need to find the "snakeoilman" :)

Having said that, back in the eighties Ford had a LOT of trouble with Granada auto boxes, with slippage or erratic changes, due to piston seal hardening. Some company, who I do not recall the name of, sold a transmission oil additive that softened the seals and in 90% of cases the `box magically started to function properly again. I made an indecent amount of money from this stuff, so not all "snake oil" vendors are bad news ;)

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

:D

Not that my box has a problem at the moment and has had a full flush and has gulf multi vehicle atf . but where im running high power usinmg the lucas stop slip would thicken the trans atf and add preasure in the valve body thus making the clutches slip less

if you see this stuff its very thick

Thanks for that Tim,

do you know if i could add that to my existing oil ? or am i going to need a full flush with torque converter flushed ?

Hi

It's not an additive, so you need to replace the oil in the box with it. It's not cheap either, so that will be a fairly expensive job (although GEAR20 takes 20% off gear oils at the moment, but that is due to end soon).

Cheers

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

If you’re in need of oil advice and recommendations then please just ask, we are happy to help. You can ask us here or by PM, drop us an email to [email protected] or just give us a call this afternoon, we are here till 5.30pm.

It's a great time to buy from Opie Oils, until midnight Sunday we are giving an additional 15% Off our already discounted prices on all engine oils with voucher code 15OFF.

Cheers

- oilman

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

If you are having trouble finding out which Engine Oil is right for your car, please use our lookup guide.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/images/constant-contact/forum-wopr.jpg

If you need help finding your car, or it is modified in any way, you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at [email protected], or just ask here.

Cheers

Oilman

• 2 months later...

Struggling to find the correct oils for your car? Then just ask the Oilman.

To help us to give the most accurate advice possible we do need some information about your car. e.g.:

Make:

Model:

Year:

Engine type:

Performance modifications:

Driving style: (road / off-road / track etc)

Any other information that may be relevant: e.g. approx BHP if modified, oil temps if known

What recommendation are you looking for? Engine, Gearbox, Diff etc.

You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to [email protected]

Cheers

Oilman

• 1 month later...