The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A-TT conversion

SilverSoop

How would u tell if you already have LSD or is it only on 6speed box's?

Chassis plare..........A02A A02B or some such ref near the bottom

the last letter B = Lsd A= open diff

6 speed conversions include an LSD, Auto TT engine conversions also include an LSD. ;)

thats me told :D

Jez, as my car is off the road can i borrow the aerotop for a while.

If i have to have work done, i will get you to install a air freshner or something :p

:D

Plug change sir? :D

planning on getting mine done after xmas :) i already have a manual and a lsd. so should be an excelent upgrade to celebrate my 25th birthday :p

Or you can use this to work out what your car has...

although i think its been updated...

6 speed Na's are the way forward. Our 2 company 6 speed Sz-R's have been under the knife this week. One has had a full REAS suspension install, uk brakes, and a VVTI TT conversion, the other has had a UK TT conversion. :)

would my auto have to be converted to a manual if i fancied an engine swap? if it is possible to keep th N/A autobox how much would the engine swap be then?

I'm afraid that i have bad news for you ... you can't keep your N/A auto gearbox as it may not hold out more torque.

The £3k price includes a TT autobox fitted if you are NA auto. If you are NA 5 speed, the price is the same as we use our own custom 5 speed clutch plates. ;)

Can i just add, we DO NOT recommend anything more than stock power on the 5 speed gearbox. Its fine as a stop gap, but i'd recommend a Getrag 6 speed as soon as you can.

The £3k price includes a TT autobox fitted if you are NA auto. If you are NA 5 speed, the price is the same as we use our own custom 5 speed clutch plates. ;)

Can i just add, we DO NOT recommend anything more than stock power on the 5 speed gearbox. Its fine as a stop gap, but i'd recommend a Getrag 6 speed as soon as you can.

I can't agree with you. I know three 5 speed N/A-T (400BHP, 2x 420BHP) owners who hadn't any problems with gearbox since conversion.

I can't agree with you. I know three 5 speed N/A-T (400BHP, 2x 420BHP) owners who hadn't any problems with gearbox since conversion.

I guess its the luck of the draw. Some may be fine, others that may have lead a more 'thrashed' life may go pop. :search:

I guess its the luck of the draw. Some may be fine, others that may have lead a more 'thrashed' life may go pop. :search:

Probably you are right, but it is widely assumed that 5speed gearbox (in good condition) can hold out up to 400BHP at crank. Personally i would like to have 6speed box in my N/A-T (Just waiting for "right" price).

Jez while you are here can you confirm a 6 speed na as the same flywheel and clutch as a 6 speed tt.......

I presume the dimensions are the same but are the flywheel and clutch plates etc the same part no. / strength etc as the tt's?

Yes mate, same. Not sure on clutch rating, but the flywheel and clutch on both our NA 6 speed - TT bolted straight up.