The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quiet exhaust?

JamieP

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is really Quite! and looks quite understated TBH makes a nice noise over 4000RPM though. No sure about how restrictive it is? Does'nt really seem to have an effect on power when comparing my set up to others. TBH i've had to keep with mine because of the neighbours i have :rolleyes: but not for much longer :D

Short vid here of my GReddy Ti-R revving. I have a 4" downpipe and mid pipe, so it'd be a bit quieter on stock turboed car.

ps. The rattly bearing noise in the background is my old knackered steering pump which has now been replaced.

Short vid here of my GReddy Ti-R revving. I have a 4" downpipe and mid pipe, so it'd be a bit quieter on stock turboed car.

ps. The rattly bearing noise in the background is my old knackered steering pump which has now been replaced.

Very nice sound Nic. How it sounds on idle? Could you please send me a price?

I've done a bit of research into this and I would go for the Tanabe Medallion Touring. It's been specifically designed for performance and to be reasonably quiet.

Loud exhausts on idle and low revs really annoy me now - I feel it's for the corsa/saxo brigade! ;)

One of the bosses in my building had a Ferrari Scaglietti - very quiet on idle and low speeds - But sounded a beast when he opened up the throttle!

Jamie - bear in mind the angle/size of the rear box as you have a Trial bumper - It may foul the bumper

GReddy Ti-R is one of the few road legal exhausts in Japan, 92 Db.

That's with the bung in the back though, which is a big restriction. My Nur spec is quiet enough with the bung in, but insanely loud without. The Tanabe is 93Db without the need for a bung. That's what I'm going to go for fairly soon I think as mine really is annoyingly loud with the single.

In fact that's another thing worth remembering. It's all very well saying "my exhaust is nice and quiet" when you have stock turbos, but with a single it'll be a whole load louder.

thats the problem i have..........i want a new quiet exhaust but have a trial rear. Its very hard to get info on what will fit.

Any ideas?? and how quiet is the HKS silent how power compared to other exhausts??

From what I looked into, the HKS silent was anything buy slient!:D

That's with the bung in the back though, which is a big restriction. My Nur spec is quiet enough with the bung in, but insanely loud without. The Tanabe is 93Db without the need for a bung. That's what I'm going to go for fairly soon I think as mine really is annoyingly loud with the single.

The GReddy Ti-R doesn't come with a bung.

The GReddy Ti-R doesn't come with a bung.

Really? I'm getting it mixed up with the GReddy racing titanium I think. It's very confusing as they seem to have different models and names in the USA where the English websites seem to be. I guess it's actually a Trust. Have you got a link to any info/pics for these?

Post up some prices, seems to be a few people interested... :)