The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Members/Traders in disputes

Terminator

What about a specific disputes mod to keep tabs on it all?

Don't you think we keep an eye on it all? Honestly Martin, if it was your sole responsibility to keep an eye on disputes and try and resolve them, it would drive you potty. Not one single mod has sole responsibility, because, as is often said, there is, on occasion a bigger picture to think about regarding disutes and their outcome, and stepping in too soon could have a detrimental effect. Often a lot of discussion and views are aired and consequences considered before decisions are made and having a diverse group of moderators tries to take a balanced view on things.

This doesn't always work of course, but on the whole I think DR has had some limited successes.

I can't recall anyone who has started a thread in Dispute resolution to give negative feedback about how the mods have intervened in a dispute. Some remain unresolved, but that it not necessarily down to any failures on the clubs part.

DR has been running for about 6 months, how do members feel about it now?

Don't you think we keep an eye on it all? Honestly Martin, if it was your sole responsibility to keep an eye on disputes and try and resolve them, it would drive you potty. Not one single mod has sole responsibility, because, as is often said, there is, on occasion a bigger picture to think about regarding disutes and their outcome, and stepping in too soon could have a detrimental effect. Often a lot of discussion and views are aired and consequences considered before decisions are made and having a diverse group of moderators tries to take a balanced view on things.

This doesn't always work of course, but on the whole I think DR has had some limited successes.

I can't recall anyone who has started a thread in Dispute resolution to give negative feedback about how the mods have intervened in a dispute. Some remain unresolved, but that it not necessarily down to any failures on the clubs part.

DR has been running for about 6 months, how do members feel about it now?

It was only a suggestion. Sorry!

How's the view up there Doug?

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/misc/fun/highhorse.jpg

Martin was making a suggestion following the other idea that would increase the moderators workload, no need to be all defensive squire, I realise the mods are under a bit of scrutiny by the unwashed masses at the moment but don't take it to heart.

I don't think anyone is complaining about how things are right now but that doesn't mean the offering can't be improved further...

no need to be all defensive squire, I realise the mods are under a bit of scrutiny by the unwashed masses at the moment but don't take it to heart.

Don't think Doug was getting defensive at all. Neither did the post sound pomous. I read that post and interpreted that he was explaining why it wasn't do-able. Simple as.

A single mod to handle disputes does have a few pros. But the cons outweigh it. Blimey! People read into far too much. Or simply - read what they want to read.

It was only a suggestion. Sorry!

I wasn't having a go, or being defensive and I'm sorry if it came across like that. :)

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/misc/fun/highhorse.jpg

Martin was making a suggestion following the other idea that would increase the moderators workload, no need to be all defensive squire, I realise the mods are under a bit of scrutiny by the unwashed masses at the moment but don't take it to heart.

I don't think anyone is complaining about how things are right now but that doesn't mean the offering can't be improved further...

Of course it doesn't. I'm open to any constructive suggestion that will help improve how things are done. Unfortunately Michael, there's no stone tablet, most of the time it's an objective judgement call. I haven't taken anything to heart, and I apologise if i came across like that in my post. It wasn't intended to be critical of what Martin suggested, rather a view as to why we haven't adopted a singular role for dispute resolution, that's all. Taking on the role of a moderator, has been a steep lurning curve for me. The mods have to accept scrutiny from the masses once in a while as well, it makes sense to and we should be open to criticism as and when it is justified.

I'm just glad, for once, it wasn't me in the firing line. :innocent:;):D