The mkiv Supra Owners Club

list of single turbos - what info is needed?

Branners

It maybe a little too much info for a list, if you have your user name next to your list of mods then people could pm you for more info, i just think keeping the info down to the basics would make it easier to navigate.

I agree it doesn't want to be too complicated or else the quck flick comparison is lost. I'm looking forward to seeing what people post up.... :) Should make for some very useful info.

I agree it doesn't want to be too complicated or else the quck flick comparison is lost. I'm looking forward to seeing what people post up.... :) Should make for some very useful info.

A lot of people have singles of different sizes and all running different specs, it will be interesting to see what discrepancies there are between people being honest and people using pub figures.;)

A lot of people have singles of different sizes and all running different specs, it will be interesting to see what discrepancies there are between people being honest and people using pub figures.;)

especially with the spool up characteristics

So is that worth doing folks?

JB

The garage is the ideal place for this info I think.

It would be good if there was a set format for the garage, ie a proper database of all cars and detailed spec of each. If there was a set format (ie. radio buttons to select, drop down options, areas to fill in etc.), which would allow you to sort or search by certain criteria, ie. view all the single turbo cars, all the NA's, all the members using a certain ECU, all UK spec Supras, all black supras, all Top Secret bodykits, etc.

Mawby? :search:

I think a thread where everyone posted up this info in a strict format would be a great idea. Comparing car to car to car by going through garages would be a little cumbersome for people wanting a quick comparison.

What's the downside?

Noooo, no separate section, it's fairly pointless and it smacks of up-own-arse elitism to have an area entirely dedicated to single turbo supras :)

If you want to compare spool, use 5th gear in a manual and 3rd in an auto as they are the same ratio, 1:1.

I'll type my details in once we decide on a format :) I like the idea of a detailed spec database like nic says, but in a thread it's have to be about 5 or 6 bullet points - turbo, injectors, cams, intercooler, ECU and when you get 1.0bar boost in 5th/3rd.

-Ian

Noooo, no separate section, it's fairly pointless and it smacks of up-own-arse elitism to have an area entirely dedicated to single turbo supras :)

If you want to compare spool, use 5th gear in a manual and 3rd in an auto as they are the same ratio, 1:1.

I'll type my details in once we decide on a format :) I like the idea of a detailed spec database like nic says, but in a thread it's have to be about 5 or 6 bullet points - turbo, injectors, cams, intercooler, ECU and when you get 1.0bar boost in 5th/3rd.

-Ian

Agreed, That is the raio most people would use on a dyno so makes sense.

Good thread, as we tend to get a lot of what turbo should i choose threads, this should help people decide what turbo they need to read up on.

I agree about the power and rolling road arguments, what about terminal speed at the quarter mile, this is normally a good indicator of power.