The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Turbo??

Pig

Im running a SPSSGT850W

Which is basically T67, built by sound performance, with a low friction cartridge, i dont think they are too expensive to buy from the states either.

Mine made nearly 570bhp at only 1.1bar. 490 rwhp.

Not so much a downer, but I don't think it's as good as it could be. Just the fact some have DAF written on them....and they are the size of a house. Seriously, compared to the T67 they are physically massive. They seem to work well enough and being from a Diesel truck they *should* be fairly robust!

I mentioned the GT4088R as some probably read 4088 and think it's all singing all dancing. The GT4088R is more like the T67.

glad I bought the GT4088R then...:D

jamie did speak highly of his non dbb, it was one of the last .85 non divided housings I think, and he used a few different turbos. My 35R .68ar did run out of puff over 5.5k, even with cams, so I'm hoping the new 4088r ar.95 will have longer legs with not so much lag. we will see next week!

does seem bigger than a 35 in situ but it's not mahoosive....

I really liked the list Jamie P started with some "rough" performance figures in.. to help people looking at single weigh their options on spool and power, but it degenerated into a handbag fight within 10 posts... shame!

when power figures come in to it then it can become a bun fight. I wouldnt even try to guess my power as it would never be right.

Its when a wild claim on power is made about a turbo that it could get messy, so Im tempted to keep away from the power figures.

JB

I've just put a HKS T04R kit on my UK spec auto, i've not had the car properly mapped yet so can't really comment on its performance, my mate has a UK spec auto with a GT35R on it and is very impressive, as others have said it makes boost really low down.

What's your timing and fueling controlled by looks like it's suffering from the stock ECU's sequential transition.

Not sure what you are talking about but it goes like sh*t off a shovel, the ECU is a HKS thingie (check out the garage thing) it has all the details in there "enjoy"

Not sure what you are talking about but it goes like sh*t off a shovel, the ECU is a HKS thingie (check out the garage thing) it has all the details in there "enjoy"

I'm talking about the wibble in the middle where it dips at 5500...not having a go, just looks like something is missing...or did it spin the wheels and throw the dyno off?

Bigger cams, I have in256/ex264, dyno here:

GT35R...

So 264/264, would 272/272 be too wild? I know it would eliminate some response but who cars when its on song by 3K?

Just looks like the perfect response turbo, but the power band tails off too early, how about a bigger intake plenum? Virtual Works/ Greddy e.t.c would that increase the powerband?

I know HKS do a Garret GT35 version is it any different to the standard Garret?

GT35R...

So 264/264, would 272/272 be too wild? I know it would eliminate some response but who cars when its on song by 3K?

Just looks like the perfect response turbo, but the power band tails off too early, how about a bigger intake plenum? Virtual Works/ Greddy e.t.c would that increase the powerband?

I know HKS do a Garret GT35 version is it any different to the standard Garret?

Really you'd need a bigger exhaust housing but then that would lose you spool...how many times do you go over 6000rpm? And just cause it drops a bit, it doesn't mean you're suddenly not accelerating quickly....it's all relative.

Really you'd need a bigger exhaust housing but then that would lose you spool...how many times do you go over 6000rpm? And just cause it drops a bit, it doesn't mean you're suddenly not accelerating quickly....it's all relative.

:yeahthat: It still pulls very strong >6K rpm, yes it may drop off slightly, but if you look at my dyno you've still got a fair bit of HP.

Really you'd need a bigger exhaust housing but then that would lose you spool...how many times do you go over 6000rpm?

Loads! We have long roads up here in Scotland, and I'm gonna need all the help I can get when it comes to the long up hill straight at Knockhill, my challenger is driving a slightly modified supercharged exige S2, I figure thats where I can catch him up!;)