The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had accident!!!

Guest BLACK SUPRA

Were you turning right at that junction? As that's the only way I can see you got smacked on that side (Or going straight over) :S

Damn unlucky though, especially with the roof crease... Not meaning to be a git, but nice wheels :) Fancy selling them in PX for some slightly dented volks?... May as well make some ££ back :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if its a rite off then so be it....im just glad no1 was hurt! and he didnt claim liability , he insisted it ws my fault. A witness said she saw him going very fast just b4 he hit me and another said he heard him speeding, but i dont know if they will wanna come forward as witnesses. That why im trying to go by his skidmarks etc :(

Did you manage to get their names and/or numbers? It could count very much i your favour if you have some independant witnesses.

Damn unlucky though, especially with the roof crease... Not meaning to be a git, but nice wheels :) Fancy selling them in PX for some slightly dented volks?... May as well make some ££ back :D

Vulture. :D

I'll have the salvage

Ah - so you didn't see him because of the parked cars, I guess. Bummer :(

IMO, you're going to need to get one or two of those witnesses to state that the other car was speeding, 'cos with the situation described and the look of the skidmarks, I'd be surprised if it didn't go 50-50 (you'll claim that you couldn't see him and pulled out as normal - he'll claim that you pulled out right in front of him).

If anything, the claim may even go against you, as you were the one "performing a manouver". Crap, I know - but I've seen it happen.....

EDIT: Thinking about it - if people are refusing to put in a statement even though they witnessed the accident, that's really, really sh*t. I'd be seriously pi**ed (in fact, I'm pretty pi**ed at these people on your behalf!). Did they give any reasons why they wouldn't help?

My sister was involved in a similar accident. She was pulling out onto a road with parked cars, as that road looks. Some woman was speeding and hit her, but my sister was blamed in the eyes of the law and insurance people as she was the one pulling out.

The witness statements would be a good idea though!

Sorry mate, but looking at those pics, especially the position of the parked cars, I can easily see how a car travelling at 30mph or less would not have time to stop. The skid marks only start at the lines parralel to the junction.

I agree with Homer the skids start at the junction, the parked car would of obscured your view as you pulled out.

He will blame you for pulling out in front of him :(

You need witnesses that he was speeding or you could cop it all....

All those photos prove is that the parked cars were well away from the double yellow lines round the junction, you had a clear view of the road and that you still pulled out in front of a car that had right of way.

It doesn't matter how fast he was going.

Sorry to say it but totally your fault imho.

Im sure i was told that whatever the situation surrounding an accident it always the one who hit the other car that is at fault so you might get lucky.

I don't think it works that way. If I pulled out in front (right in front, giving them only a few metres of reaction distance, nowhere near enough) of someone who was doing say 60mph on an A-road, then it wouldn't be their fault even though they'd have hit me.

If I'm wrong, if I was a litigious sort of chap there's nothing to stop me doing that next time I fancy a new car. :)

I wouldn't like to say who was at fault, but those skid marks don't look very long and I wouldn't think he was doing more than 30 TBH, probably not even 1 or 2 mph over 30 like most people do in those roads!!

I don't get how the skid marks are straight coming from the parked cars though, is that just indicative of a panic lock-up? Why would he have turned left when he saw you coming in front of him at the last second? And if it is like that why was he on the wrong side of the road!!

I wouldn't like to say who was at fault, but those skid marks don't look very long and I wouldn't think he was doing more than 30 TBH, probably not even 1 or 2 mph over 30 like most people do in those roads!!

I don't get how the skid marks are straight coming from the parked cars though, is that just indicative of a panic lock-up? Why would he have turned left when he saw you coming in front of him at the last second? And if it is like that why was he on the wrong side of the road!!

It's called target lock on. You end up focusing on something you're trying to avoid and end up hitting it.

It's called target lock on. You end up focusing on something you're trying to avoid and end up hitting it.

Suppose, and looking at the pic more I can see he was probably in the middle of the road (worrying about kids stepping out), probably slammed on the brakes and attempted to get around the big supra pulling out on him by turning slightly to the left, then lock up, skid, panic, passenger door in face.