The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nitrous install underway....

Trig

well you can use the subs like that if you want!! i dont think you have any choice, if you turn them the other way, you will need to built a "box" or else the sound will be sh**t..and you dont have space to do a decent box.. im nearly 100% sure that even like that you still need a box so the sound can generate in a decent quality..

i hope this makes sense and you understand my english!! :)

ohh and if you do any boxfor the subs makesure you dont have any gaps.... lol..

Dont worry mate am aware of this :cool: I could atempt to build a box but this needs to be done before JAE so wont really have time..... These subs are just there as i cant seem to sell them at the mo, im after some free air subs but got these for the time being :)

Ideally you could do with some free air subs but try them like that and see aht the sound is like. If its no good sell them and buy some free air ones to go in instead.

Just checked Google and depending what you want they some quite well priced.

See post above :cool:

Looks good mate, but those subs wont sound very good, subs are meant to be in a proper volumed box. May aswell give it a try though. I dont think you will care what the subs sound like when you press that button..............arghhhh!! :D

That is very true :D

Once it is finished i will be able to make a box underneath, allbeit not a very big one so hopefully that should be enough...

all you do is reverse the polarity's once you have the box under neath, the sub will "punch" the opposite way into the box

So the ECU can be programmed for NOS??? :search:

Yes it can control NOS quite happily just the same as a progressive controller would - see the red box in the pic, that was me highlighting the options.

You also have switchable maps on the fly so you could have a dash mounted switch to switch between ECU maps for best performance / safety when running with or without NOS.

Cheers,

Brian.

Yes it can control NOS quite happily just the same as a progressive controller would - see the red box in the pic, that was me highlighting the options.

You also have switchable maps on the fly so you could have a dash mounted switch to switch between ECU maps for best performance / safety when running with or without NOS.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hmm interesting...... :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Just incase you didnt see it at JAE the install is all done, its not amazing but imvery happy with it. Havent posted any pics as ive been depressed about the damage. but its going into get repaired this week and will come out looking better than ever! :)

The nitrous isnt hooked up yet, although the purge system is, looks cool but got to find some solid pipe to run the line to the front of the car.....

Anyway heres the pics....

Yeh looks quality!! Where does the purge come out of?

well i originally used windscreen washer hose, i split it into two in the engine bay and had them coming out next to both of the indicators, pointing slightly upwards. looked like nostrils :D

but then i went for a short drive to peterborough, the engine got hot and made the pipe really soft, i got back to JAE and tried to purge and 'BANG' the pipe split. Tried to run proper samco hose but the internal diameter is to small so kept coming of the nitrous line.

im not sure what to try now. ive tried searching on the net but cant find anything.....