The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time me think for my under the bonnet make over

lui

when do you hope to get it back Lui? if it's before Sunday try to pop down the brighton meet be a good day out and a good chance to put some miles on the car

Hi Matt,

Going to be back with me next week hopefully so doubt be able to make it for Sunday Brighton meet But will be flying in model RC display show tomorrow with my 200MPH planes instead :cool:

Looks like running engine in following week

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Pic's

Front view of engine bay all back together

Right hand side view of engine bay

Left hand side view of engine bay

Another front view of engine bay

Aeromotive FPR fitted

Triple 52mm A pillar pod fitted with AEM A/F ratio gauge & Water Temp gauge & Aquamist gauge fitted in place

Just want to say very big thanks to Mark@Phoenix for all the work that he has done in re-building my engine bay back together & getting it all ready for running in before he goes on holiday tomorrow.

Also want to say big thanks to Matt Harwood for coming in very late on Friday night to load up my base map.

After re-build & Matt Harwood putting in base map car turn over first time & all running perfect ready for running in with AFR's going between 14.2 - 15.2 & running as sweet as a nut. No leaks or mishaps what so ever & car returned in same condition as it went in.

Done 250 miles tonight & another 750 miles to go & not taking it over 2500 RPM 70-80 MPH through out the period of this week & then all booked in for Wednesday the 26th when Mark gets back for check over / oil & filter change + Matt Harwood to install & set up Aquamist Water Injection kit.

Then once done off to Ian C to wave his magic hands with mapping it all up can't wait.

Big thanks to all once again for doing a great thorough job with all that went on

Many thanks Lui

Latest up date as you all know got my car back from Mark@Pheonix Sunday night, that night straight way done 300 miles.

Went out last night & returned this lunchtime to put a extra 800 miles onto the running in.

Engine so far has not missed a beat & sounds great / nothing falling apart / no water or oil leaks / great air fuel ratios on base map.

What more can one ask for so far now car is fully run in in three days & what a dream doing it after being with out it for the past 2.5 months.

Next stage back to Mark @Phoenix next Wednesday for oil/ filter change & full check over + Matt Harwood to install Aquamist water injection kit.

Then all ready For Ian C to map her up the following week hopefully & can't wait :eyebrows:

Latest up date as you all know got my car back from Mark@Pheonix Sunday night, that night straight way done 300 miles.

Went out last night & returned this lunchtime to put a extra 800 miles onto the running in.

Engine so far has not missed a beat & sounds great / nothing falling apart / no water or oil leaks / great air fuel ratios on base map.

What more can one ask for so far now car is fully run in in three days & what a dream doing it after being with out it for the past 2.5 months.

Next stage back to Mark @Phoenix next Wednesday for oil/ filter change & full check over + Matt Harwood to install Aquamist water injection kit.

Then all ready For Ian C to map her up the following week hopefully & can't wait :eyebrows:

Sounds good bud, sounds like you had a nice trip last night,

sorry got cut off min ago, get real bad reception at my new house.

As said before a very well thought out setup, that hopefully will be trouble free....very interested to talk to you about your comparisons over BPU at Jap show Lui

That's if i manage to get it all mapped by then but so far felling very good :eyebrows:

1,200 miles in such a few days of pure pleasure driving since back from Phoenix from last Sunday. Car has not missed a beat not single drop of oil / water lost & nothing coming loose.

What more can i say so far.

Back to Phoenix in the next few hours 8.00 am for full check over oil & filter change + Matt Harwood installing latest Aquamist kit too & should be back by evening / Thursday can't wait.

Then getting booked into Ian C for mapping next week sometime hopefully.

Latest update with now 1500 miles done since re-build :)

Took supra to Mark@Phoenix last Wednesday morning for oil / filter change & full check over after 1500 miles of running in + Matt Harwood to install latest Aquamist Water Injection kit :eyebrows:

Mark done service & full inspection & not a fault to be found & very very happy with it all.

With everything running absolutely perfect Mark has given the OK now for Ian C to map it all up.

Now rest of afternoon for Matt Harwood to install Aquamist kit wiring set up + Mark fitting all the hardware also letting you know that water tank adaptor + water level sensor fitted in original washer bottle plenty of space & very well done.

What a top install too see pic's below:

Digital flow sensor fitted.

FIA2 module unit & DDS3v8 wiring center box fitted in upper glove box for easy access.

Jet tapped into throttle body

DDS3 gauge fitted into a pillar pod letting you know what's it all doing.

View of cockpit with all accessories fitted in A pillar AEM air fuel ratio + water temp & Aquamist DDS3 / below that Blitz 52mm EGT gauge in air vent / Apexi turbo timer / in centre console under PC Blitz SBC i-colour boost controller with Blitz oil pressure & oil temp sensors fitted & next to that RTLC Digi adjuster.

Overhaul view of under bonnet set up.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7692/img1011ks3.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7692/img1011ks3.ca719fdf0b.jpg

Next stage provisionally booked in on Monday 8th October with Ian C weather permitting to have Supra fully Mapped & set up :eyebrows: