The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I let my 15 y/o brother drive my Supe...

charlton

Whether you agree with what the guy did or not that's your point of view.

Personally I think that it was a really silly thing to do but do we really have to resort to actually slagging the guys off by calling him things like a prick?

It is some of this sort of behaviour that probably puts off some of the newer members.

Yes I think it was dumb and not a good thing to do but I don't feel the need to dredge my book of insults.......

I do agree that by putting the post up you were just asking for trouble though

Totally agree. What a load of bitching. It wasn't the right thing to do but neither was what I did last night, or things many of the members have done here before.

The guy doesn't deserve an ear bashing, just a warning to say don't be stupid mate.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you let a 15 year old play Grand Theft Auto ... let alone drive your supra

i played gta when i was 15.... and as anyone who knows me can tell im a fucking lunatic... i have to go out now and kill people... toodle pip!

Sorry mate but i hate people with that atitude. I know quite a few people who i would trust (although i havent because when ive asked if they wanted they have always said no) with driving my supra on a private road. just because its a private road doesnt mean its an oportunity to floor it. or that everyone is a maniac.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that just because he is his little brother not all brothers hate each other...

And also, maybe ive read it wrong did he say he swapped over just outside. its not like he drove it through the middle of london on a friday night is it?

It was silly but no need for the insults and trash talk guys. but a lot of you are way over the top.

just my 2p

Car Insurance

Small 15-year-old banned from driving

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested and banned from driving for two years by a Scottish court after being caught driving his mother's car, barely able to see over the steering wheel.

The Perth Court banned him from driving for two years, which means that the ban should be lifted in time for his 17 birthday, when he can legally obtain a license.

i say no more

No quite true. It means that when he applies for his licence he will have an automatic ban for two years from the time he applies for it.

Sorry but all you people berating Charlton for letting his 15 year old brother drive his Supe, are you all saints yourself!! Chastise yes but to start with the insults well it ain't clever.

I learnt to drive when I was 14 driving a car on the farm close to where I lived. I didn't have a licence or insurance. When I came to driving lessons the driving instructor said I didnt need lessons and put me straight in for my test. I passed first time.

There are "mature" 15 year olds and boys of 15.

I learnt to drive when I was 14 driving a car on the farm close to where I lived. I didn't have a licence or insurance. When I came to driving lessons the driving instructor said I didnt need lessons and put me straight in for my test. I passed first time.

Perhaps the difference is - you were on private land. And your quite right - we've all fractured the occassional speed limit now and again. But everyone here (I would hope) - all hold a driving license / advanced license and are fully legal and insured.

The guy was a prat for giving the keys of a 3litre, inline 6 twin-turbocharged car to a 15 year old ! Pure & simple.

Class One had pointed out the finer points of the law regarding this, and Charlton himself had said that he let him take over when they got close enough. Its not as if he was driving it through the local estate just as the school was chucking out the kids.

I agree it was maybe a little silly to post on a public forum, but by the looks of it Charlton is proud of his brother and may have acted a little recklessly, but who here hasn't?

Berate the guy yes but leave the insults out. Would you say some of the things face to face? Have a little respect.

Class One had pointed out the finer points of the law regarding this, and Charlton himself had said that he let him take over when they got close enough. Its not as if he was driving it through the local estate just as the school was chucking out the kids.

I agree it was maybe a little silly to post on a public forum, but by the looks of it Charlton is proud of his brother and may have acted a little recklessly, but who here hasn't?

Berate the guy yes but leave the insults out. Would you say some of the things face to face? Have a little respect.

Insults may be harsh and thats fair enough, Respect your having a laugh:rolleyes:

Private land in some circumstances can become public places when they are open to the public wether on payment or otherwise.

And car parks are generally considered to be public places and as such are subject to the vagaries of the Road Traffic Act.

Class One had pointed out the finer points of the law regarding this,

Yes he has. See above as a refresher.

Charlton himself had said that he let him take over when they got close enough. Its not as if he was driving it through the local estate just as the school was chucking out the kids.

And that makes a difference ? How ? Bottom line is, the 15 year old lad was driving on a public road.

Charlton may have acted a little recklessly, but who here hasn't?

For sure. But everyone here who owns their car - does so legally. Anyone here who speeds, drives recklessly etc etc - does so at their own risk and the latter is their own stupidity. But at least their legally covered on their car.

Savvy ?

Would you say some of the things face to face?

I would have no compunction about saying it to his face. Afterall, he might find it refreshing.

Why ? Would you keep quiet ?