The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I let my 15 y/o brother drive my Supe...

charlton

Sorry mate, but really not impressed, and without putting too fine a point on it, I think you're a f***ing idiot.

Mike

yeah that, this is the kind of thing all the local pikeys do round my way, your not a pikey ?, no course your not you can write :tongue:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire the sentiment Charlton but this could have gone a bit Pete Tong......:( If I had a Lambo and some 15 year old without insurance ran in the back of it, the little crunt wouldn't get to 16.....:rolleyes:

I would probably have kept this little experience to myself under the same circumstances!!

H.

So he was un licenced, so therefore not insured, so (god forbid) he hit someone elses car or worse, what then????

Great role model you are mate...you should be put in front of a judge for letting him do that!

You have NOTHING to be proud of!:protest::swearsign:

Brave man! espcially as its is his first time!!

I thought my old man was brave enough letting me drive some of the more tame imports we had in stock when i was young on our own land - but even then i had , had plently of practise in slower cars before hand!

Might have been more sensible letting him get used to driving a more "normal" car before hand!

Guest andyj22

Car Insurance

Small 15-year-old banned from driving

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested and banned from driving for two years by a Scottish court after being caught driving his mother's car, barely able to see over the steering wheel.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is reportedly short for his age, and was caught driving without a licence or car insurance after concerned drivers reported seeing the boy driving peering over the dashboard in order to see where he was going.

According to the boy's lawyer, who was speaking to the BBC, the car had been taken only 300 yards down the road in order that the car's battery could be used to jump-start the boy's quad bike that had broken down.

However, his 5-feet-tall frame was simply too conspicuous on the road, and police received several anonymous calls that a very young person appeared to be driving.

The Perth Court banned him from driving for two years, which means that the ban should be lifted in time for his 17 birthday, when he can legally obtain a license.

i say no more

It may have been a silly thing to do, but no different to going over the speed limit. Which I would suspect nearly everyone one has done. So I'm not quite sure how you can all sit in judgement. It only takes for a child to run in front of you when you are speeding and your world is in pieces. So I personally think some of your comments are a bit OTT:innocent:

It may have been a silly thing to do, but no different to going over the speed limit. Which I would suspect nearly everyone one has done. So I'm not quite sure how you can all sit in judgement. It only takes for a child to run in front of you when you are speeding and your world is in pieces. So I personally think some of your comments are a bit OTT:innocent:

whatever you think mate - you are entitled to your opinion.

Mike

Guest Geneb

good intention but silly idea he could have killed himself , i,ve had a few close ones when i thought i was driving properly

If I wasn't subtle - I'd call you an daft idiot.

Might have been more sensible letting him get used to driving a more "normal" car before hand!

I am guessing .... but I don't think so. It may have been more sensible to not let him drive it to begin with!

With past threads of people getting the Supra mashed because of uninsured drivers .. what would've happened to this thread (Well, it wouldn't have been started - because you'd be infront of a magistrate and you'd be pleading with Doug for some advice) IF your 15year old brother had totalled someone else's car ?

:rolleyes:

When I joined this club 3 years ago - this kind of thread was unheard of. Times change I guess.

Guest andyj22
I agree with the statement f**king idiot:(

As far as I am concerened you should lose your license until you have the intellect to drive

exactly

Guest andyj22

lets hope you have been told and please drive careful a car can be a dangerous place especially if you have no experience

As if letting a 15 year old drive your car isn't daft enough, you post it up in a public section of the forum?!:blink:

Not being funny mate, but if you had $hit for brains, you wouldn't have enough to make a smell.

Guest Phillw454

:rlol:

Some of the replies here have been awesome!!

It does seem a VERY stupid thing to do. If it HAD to be surely drive him there then just let him take it round the corner into the car park? Still not wise though. The fact there were lots of limos and sports cars there made it worse? Imagine hed nudged one of the rented sports cars or limos? Think youd both be getting bent over by the law then

Whether you agree with what the guy did or not that's your point of view.

Personally I think that it was a really silly thing to do but do we really have to resort to actually slagging the guys off by calling him things like a prick?

It is some of this sort of behaviour that probably puts off some of the newer members.

Yes I think it was dumb and not a good thing to do but I don't feel the need to dredge my book of insults.......

I do agree that by putting the post up you were just asking for trouble though