The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One For The Auto Boys

Supra ST Myster

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

LED's aside - Id like a gadget consisting of 2 small buttons, one each side of the steering wheel. One button to engage/disengage manu mode, the other to engage/disengage O/D mode :)

Biggest bind on the autos is having to fiddle around for the Manu button to slip into full auto mode and cruise after hard acceleration. If there where 2 more conveniently located buttons on the steering wheel, 1) it would be much safer during those more spirited trips(!) and 2) make the auto more fun to drive.

Anyone know of if there is such a gadget in existence ? I was thinking along the lines of greddys manual boost controller type format which sits on the steering wheel. Quite a neat idea and smart in appearance.

Sorry if this hijacks the original thread a bit :)

LED's aside - Id like a gadget consisting of 2 small buttons, one each side of the steering wheel. One button to engage/disengage manu mode, the other to engage/disengage O/D mode :)

Biggest bind on the autos is having to fiddle around for the Manu button to slip into full auto mode and cruise after hard acceleration. If there where 2 more conveniently located buttons on the steering wheel, 1) it would be much safer during those more spirited trips(!) and 2) make the auto more fun to drive.

Anyone know of if there is such a gadget in existence ? I was thinking along the lines of greddys manual boost controller type format which sits on the steering wheel. Quite a neat idea and smart in appearance.

Sorry if this hijacks the original thread a bit :)

I never found mine that complicated or irritating to use! It's only a quick push of the button mate situated right by the lever and you don't even need to look if you've done it enough times ;)

I don't see the point in having OD off either. Just slip it into Manu mode and use the 3 gears without the need for turning OD off. :)

• 2 weeks later...