The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my supra...

grahamc

Ok Graham following our phone conversation

Put the key to ignition on

Connect up the 9 pin serial connection and open the pclink software. Then on the toolbar at the top select Link Controls This will bring a drop down. Now select connect link. This should then bring the connection online. If not check what that its using the correct com port under Options / Connections.

Ok so should now be online what i need you to do is select the tab run time displays and then select diagnostics. Pop up on here the readings or ring me bud.

Ok also let me know the firmware version under Help/firmware.

Before you try and upload new firmware make sure you save your map as have seen the earlier links loose there maps on updates.

You really wanna be looking at a link g3 bud there on par with a motec, wipe the floor of aem and half the price of a aem too ;)

Wouldn't it be cheaper to get it trailored to Pheonix if you're in Surrey?

yes, it would be probably

Connect up the 9 pin serial connection and open the pclink software. Then on the toolbar at the top select Link Controls This will bring a drop down. Now select connect link. This should then bring the connection online. If not check what that its using the correct com port under Options / Connections.

Ok so should now be online what i need you to do is select the tab run time displays and then select diagnostics. Pop up on here the readings or ring me bud.

Before you try and upload new firmware make sure you save your map as have seen the earlier links loose there maps on updates.

You really wanna be looking at a link g3 bud there on par with a motec, wipe the floor of aem and half the price of a aem too ;)

Ok mate, will do ASAP.

Guest Nicholas
wipe the floor of aem and half the price of a aem too ;)

My car starts with the AEM :D :p

Good luck with getting it sorted Graham!

jeez mate your lucks as bad as mine:rolleyes: but still no where as bad as sheefa,s:D

Gits! :) True though, it has been eventful. I managed to get into the car last night in the end without breakdown assistance thank the lord! Got issues with car cutting out too though!

Hope you get it sorted Graham mate - she's looking lovely btw! ;)

Gits! :) True though, it has been eventful. I managed to get into the car last night in the end without breakdown assistance thank the lord! Got issues with car cutting out too though!

Hope you get it sorted Graham mate - she's looking lovely btw! ;)

no way you surely cannot be serious, how do you mean cutting out, when cold starting or stalling

Ok, as yet, I have not been able to find a cable... strange I know, but all places are sold out. A mate might have one, so will bring into work tomorrow.

After a chat with Pete at THOR, he will do the exchange to the G3 for and I must just put in the extra cash.

No idea as to what the cause is yet... Still working on getting this bloody cable...

Anyone in Reigate area got a 9 pin male cable??

That's good to know as the Link isn't expensive, how does it wipe the floor with the AEM ? I have AEM on mine because it was recommended by the mapper, so keen to hear about alternatives for future use :)

The aem is a great ecu due to its ability to be plug and play nearly but the link just wipes the floor of it in terms of cost mainly and reliability. The link does everything the aem does in terms of features but has a built in map sensor, does not run wasted spark on the plus version so no need for a dli, have bigger resolution, ignition cut insteed of fuel cut and has some nice extras like the optional link screen for monitoring engine sensors in cockpit. I could go on but dont wanna go off topic

The aem is a great ecu due to its ability to be plug and play nearly but the link just wipes the floor of it in terms of cost mainly and reliability. The link does everything the aem does in terms of features but has a built in map sensor, does not run wasted spark on the plus version so no need for a dli, have bigger resolution, ignition cut insteed of fuel cut and has some nice extras like the optional link screen for monitoring engine sensors in cockpit. I could go on but dont wanna go off topic

Off topic, what if you had a VVTI which has wasted spark by default, would you have to lose it with the Link G3?

Cool. Running wasted spark is a real pita and not yet convinced there isn't a way round it with the aem, but the aem is expensive when you add in the DLi etc. And I have heard of a few unit failures with the AEM. Optional link screen is a nice idea too :)

Cool. Running wasted spark is a real pita and not yet convinced there isn't a way round it with the aem, but the aem is expensive when you add in the DLi etc. And I have heard of a few unit failures with the AEM. Optional link screen is a nice idea too :)

I saw that, Link Display, looks pretty cool! If I can get the damn thing working I will be getting one in the near future.