The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pissed Off With Suprastore

Rich

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DaveRex

Perhaps someone should tell whoever it is, in a way its not very fair to post up a big list of complaints then not name them

It could be a couple of people and some people might think badly of someone who has nothing to do with it if they guess wrong

Dave, Page 3 top/first post, the link in the post to a thread makes it clear.

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Wrong end of the stick Jake.

Individuals and the forum itself have nothing to worry about when it comes to companies sueing on grounds of libel/slander. This issue has come up in the past as the reason for not posting 'name and shame' threads etc, as the forum itself and the individual feared the company involved sueing.

I conduct myself well, always have and will, so to answer your question, I would still have the same opinion as a business as I wouldn't do it in the first place.

You wouldn't do what in the first place?

Well im really not concerned about slander or libell as ive only put in black and white the truth and have more than enough evidence and independant witness's.

I have only posted the facts on here because i felt it my obligation to do so, i feel i have been taken for a complete idiot in this matter by the people concerned as they would appear to not be very bothered hence the very poor job.

ADS

Originally posted by albundy68

i think alot of people on the BBS would be very surprised to know who ADS is talking about.

in the interests of fairness i hope he sees this thread, im sure he's got his own side of things too,

I really dont see what excuses can be given by anyone for the state of my car, im eager to here how all these things ive listed escaped his attention.

ADS

Rip someone off/do poor quality work :rolleyes:

Don't be giving it the rolleyes bollocks pal. It's you that have the wrong end of the stick. Whether you would or wouldn't rip someone off doesn't mean you can't be libeled and slandered.

Jake its happened to other on this board before remember.. I doubt its not gonna stop now.

At the end of the day people have good/bad opinions and are free to air them via this forum, whether people chose to read into them, or support them are their own decisions.

I have to say I'm very suprised that this has got like this. Having dealt with Dude many times over recent months I would be shocked that he was unreasonable to you?

I think everyone can make mistakes, after all we are all human and that IMO you should be given the chance to correct any mistakes you make.

This reminds me of a thread not too long ago reg JPS. Sometimes I think it comes down to people having the wrong expectations for the amount of money they are paying for a job.

After all many people have used both Dude and JPS and are more than happy with the service.:thumbs:

I have to second MattB's thoughts.

I don't know anything about Andrew D-S's experiences, so I can't comment, but it's important that people are getting a balanced picture here. I've had work done to the car by Dude and I would say I had more than my money's worth. He has gone out of his way to help me out on more than one occasion. I was confident enough to return the car to him for another round of upgrades.

Cliff

Originally posted by Jake

Don't be giving it the rolleyes bollocks pal. It's you that have the wrong end of the stick. Whether you would or wouldn't rip someone off doesn't mean you can't be libeled and slandered.

WTF Jake, you started with being all pissy. So don't be surprised. You need to look back at some old forum history. A company was complained about (fairly it seems), and it was removed from the forum after the company threatened to sue for libel/slander. THAT is what my post refers to. Get things straight before you pull an attitude, pal.

We are all Human and at end of day if all these mistakes were made, but rectified and done quickly and with a comprimise on price. This thread would be saying excellant customer Service and in end a excellant Job.

People look into criticsing bad things more, when some one says a good job, u dont go hh what was good.

This just opnion on how things go, not meant bad towards anyone :)

WTF Jake, you started with being all pissy.

Where? I don't think anything I said was pissy at all. I thought this was all good natured until you started with the 'rollseyes' crap.

Seemed to me that you were saying it was ok to libel folks because they couldn't do anything about it. I was pointing out that you wouldn't think it was ok if you were the one being libelled.......... and that's it, all I was saying! What's 'pissy' about that?

You need to look back at some old forum history. A company was complained about (fairly it seems), and it was removed from the forum after the company threatened to sue for libel/slander. THAT is what my post refers to. Get things straight before you pull an attitude, pal.
No, I don't need to look back at those old threads because they aren't relevant to my point, they might be to yours but not to mine.

Originally posted by Jake

Where? I don't think anything I said was pissy at all. I thought this was all good natured until you started with the 'rollseyes' crap.

Seemed to me that you were saying it was ok to libel folks because they couldn't do anything about it. I was pointing out that you wouldn't think it was ok if you were the one being libelled.......... and that's it, all I was saying! What's 'pissy' about that?

Not the way I read it! I know your dudes mate, but I am not saying anything against him (how can I, I am not involved). You got the wrong end of the stick, simple as that. Perhaps read more carefully before jumping in, my posts looked quite clear to me.

No, I don't need to look back at those old threads because they aren't relevant to my point, they might be to yours but not to mine.

If you care to comment in such a manner to my posts, you do.

Originally posted by Tannhauser

I have to second MattB's thoughts.

I don't know anything about Andrew D-S's experiences, so I can't comment, but it's important that people are getting a balanced picture here. I've had work done to the car by Dude and I would say I had more than my money's worth. He has gone out of his way to help me out on more than one occasion. I was confident enough to return the car to him for another round of upgrades.

Cliff

I really dont understand what goes on with some of the Traders Tuners, Paint sprayers...is it coz some of us are not wearing the right tie or something. I do notice that there is a kind of BIG BOYS CLUB on here where they look after each other very well, then you get the 'LICKS' that think they are in with the TOTB crew...that is until they get fucked over too...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice for what its worth: LEAVE this lot well alone unless you are in the motor trade yourself and have something they want.

No Offence to anyone (and this aint aimed at Dude as I have never had the pleasure of his services)....just my opinion after all I have been through with traders etc...also the reason for wanting to buy a Corvette C6....and ditch supras next year!

FFS Jake, are you being thick on purpose!

:D No, not on purpose.

It is ok to voice any bad experiences you've had with a company, you need not fear libel/slander charges. Get it yet?
I understand it that truthful criticism is not libel.

OK let's make it nice and simple for my dumb ass. Does your "Libel and Slander: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT" post mean:

a, It's OK to criticise somebody fairly and truthfully (in which case I agree)

or

b, It's OK to libel somebody because they can't do much about it. (in which case I don't agree)

My reply "I wonder if you'd have the same opinion if it was you and your business that was libeled and slandered." was obviously based on me taking you to mean answer B because answer A is not libellous.

Aww, the hell with it, I'm bored of this now.

Originally posted by Green Peace

I do notice that there is a kind of BIG BOYS CLUB on here where they look after each other very well, then you get the 'LICKS' that think they are in with the TOTB crew...that is until they get fucked over too...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Offence to anyone

:p

Jeez, Simon.

I don't think I'm 'in' with anyone, thank you very much. I'm just speaking about my experiences, which have been positive. I've had work done by two tuners/traders on here - Dude and Chris Wilson. I'm happy with the work done by both of them. I will recommend them to other people and I will post about this if it seems appropriate.

I'm sorry that you didn't have such good experiences. You seem determined to remember it until the end of time. However, assuming everyone else will eventually get 'fucked over' is.....loopy. :)

If I ever live to eat my words, I'll let you say 'I told you so' without a murmur.

Cliff