The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pissed Off With Suprastore

Rich

Originally posted by Green Peace

I really dont understand what goes on with some of the Traders Tuners, Paint sprayers...is it coz some of us are not wearing the right tie or something. I do notice that there is a kind of BIG BOYS CLUB on here where they look after each other very well, then you get the 'LICKS' that think they are in with the TOTB crew...that is until they get fucked over too...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice for what its worth: LEAVE this lot well alone unless you are in the motor trade yourself and have something they want.

No Offence to anyone (and this aint aimed at Dude as I have never had the pleasure of his services)....just my opinion after all I have been through with traders etc...also the reason for wanting to buy a Corvette C6....and ditch supras next year!

Not sure if I came across the wrong way here but it is kind of difficult to stay neutral.... To say that if I've had good experiences it's because I'm in a big boys club is a little OTT. Is it because I'm now running a single fitted and supplied by Vortex and dude?

I just sincerly hope the day never comes Si when I get done over but at the end of the day we are all allowed our own opinions.

Out of interest if all tuners f**k people over at some point then what difference is gettign a Vette gonna make??:confused:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen Up Cliffy baby!

;)

That wasn't aimed at you, or any 'one' person.

I have never had work carried out with either Chris Wilson or Dude...and as far as I'm aware this has been the first report of an unhappy customer of Dudes thats reached my ears, and never heared bad stuff about Chris Wilson either.

However seen as its been posted on the BBS for all to see, I will put my 2p in (possibly where its not wanted..)

Dude has lots of happy customers...I know quite a few who have praised his work and his skills...but not good practice to leave one of our fellow members seemingly in the lurch. I think I remember Andrew Dunk Shaw from the original UK Supras site back in the 90's (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Though Dude has not been on here as yet to put his version, I'm sure some kind of compensation or settlement should be sorted if Dude is at fault, and knowing that Dude has a good reputation, I'm sure Andrew will report this to be the case....

My bad experiences (and many many others) with the same tuning companies is a good example of how a bad smell never goes away...its a totally different scenario and involved quite a few unhappy customers....yes I still feel bitter about it as my wallet is light of the money I spent with no compensation or settlement....so at the time it was in good nature that I broke the chain and warned my FELLOW Supra owners, as I have their best interests at heart and thats what being a member of a car club is all about....looking out for each other not lining our own pockets and taking back handers...

I'm sure judging by your political views and angle on things on recent posts I have read of yours you would surely be the first to agree!!!!

Comrade!

:p

Originally posted by Matt B

what difference is gettign a Vette gonna make??:confused:

A lot....It means I'm going to have to grow a beard and listen to Dolly Parton CD's

Seriously.....just means 400bhp from a NA engine......with Nowt Farted about with.

A 2 year warrenty....and main dealer servicing with fully qaulified mechanics......(that are used to working on Astras lol)

bit clinical...bit boring in a way...but since owning the (j spec) Supra its like throwing money down a big hole all the time, anyone else feel like that?

Not blaming anyone...just feel like having some piece of mind for a couple of years...either the new C6 or if Toyota finally brings out a new Supra then I'd def be up for buying one (secondhand) if its £40k new.

http://www.corvette.com If I can get one for around £34k next year s/h with the performance pack I'm outa here

A lot....It means I'm going to have to grow a beard and listen to Dolly Parton CD's

Seriously.....just means 400bhp from a NA engine......with Nowt Farted about with.

A 2 year warrenty....and main dealer servicing with fully qaulified mechanics......(that are used to working on Astras lol)

bit clinical...bit boring in a way...but since owning the (j spec) Supra its like throwing money down a big hole all the time, anyone else feel like that?

Not blaming anyone...just feel like having some piece of mind for a couple of years...either the new C6 or if Toyota finally brings out a new Supra then I'd def be up for buying one (secondhand) if its £40k new.

http://www.corvette.com If I can get one for around £34k next year s/h with the performance pack I'm outa here

Sorry you feel this way about supes at the moment but i'm interested to know how getting car that we know even less about in the UK (smaller network) And have no oficial main dealers for them is gonna put your mind at rest . And as for trained tech's yes there are a few in the Uk But how many trained specialy for the Vette ( very few I bet). Mind you I do agree with you less to go wrong.

Vettes are nice cars.... Steering wheel is on the wrong side though:p

I do know what you mean though, it's a slippery slope with tuning/modding in general. You upgrade one thing and something else can't cope...:(

Does get a little expensive sometimes...

I really dont understand what goes on with some of the Traders Tuners, Paint sprayers...is it coz some of us are not wearing the right tie or something. I do notice that there is a kind of BIG BOYS CLUB on here where they look after each other very well, then you get the 'LICKS' that think they are in with the TOTB crew...that is until they get fucked over too...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice for what its worth: LEAVE this lot well alone unless you are in the motor trade yourself and have something they want.

Sorry Simon, but I take offence at that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'd have a guess that if you were to name names, I'd be in the BIG BOYS CLUB, TOTB crew or whatever you want to call it.

I certainly wouldn't want to fuck anyone over. I spend a hell of a lot of time trying to make sure people are happy with the work we do. I'm more than aware that there are situations where things go wrong, and we may not be able to please every one, every time, but I'll give it my best shot, and I'll do what ever it takes to try. If it means stupid hours overtime, working on Sundays, collecting cars from miles away, I'll do it. No matter who it is, no matter what "club" they're from.

I know of your past issues with various traders, and I know that you have been fucked over by some, but don't tarnish everyone with the same brush.

Try to consider that maybe the "TOTB crew" just happen to be a few like-minded people that maybe get on well, and have formed friendships. I don't think any of the guys I know on here would purposely go out of their way to rip someone off. Most of them will put themselves out to help other people.

In fact, the reasons I've formed many friendships on here is because of the genuine generosity, physical help and genuine, (non-sales), advice offered to me, whilst asking nothing in return.

Maybe I read your comments wrong, (I've had a long day... week!), but I couldn't not comment when I feel I'm being indirectly dragged into this. :conf:

And my $0.02 worth, Dudes done quite a lot for me in the past and I've always been happy with his work. When I had my car painted, it was him that didn't want to let the car go as there were a couple of paint faults that needed rectifying. I insisted on taking the car as I was an impatient git, and he's been hastling me ever since to take it back to be done! I might get around to it one day! :innocent:

Originally posted by migster

Sorry you feel this way about supes at the moment but i'm interested to know how getting car that we know even less about in the UK (smaller network) And have no oficial main dealers for them is gonna put your mind at rest . And as for trained tech's yes there are a few in the Uk But how many trained specialy for the Vette ( very few I bet). Mind you I do agree with you less to go wrong.

The GM garages are supposed to be selling the Corvette in the UK according to Corvette Europe so should have the service centres set up accordingly, but havent seen much evidence of it yet. Though I remember wading through a sea of Vauxhall Corsa's to look at the C5 when it was launched at the Staples Corner Vauxhall dealer...

With The Jap spec I just fell in the deep end thats all, went to all the wrong people, tripped over the same trip wire as others before and after me.

Never had probs with my UK spec...left it stock, even paid for extended warrenties for piece of mind...owned it from 16k to 88k with NO probs at all, but thats to be expected as didn't do anything to it.

:innocent:

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Sorry Simon, but I take offence at that. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I'd have a guess that if you were to name names, I'd be in the BIG BOYS CLUB, TOTB crew or whatever you want to call it.

I certainly wouldn't want to fuck anyone over. I spend a hell of a lot of time trying to make sure people are happy with the work we do. I'm more than aware that there are situations where things go wrong, and we may not be able to please every one, every time, but I'll give it my best shot, and I'll do what ever it takes to try. If it means stupid hours overtime, working on Sundays, collecting cars from miles away, I'll do it. No matter who it is, no matter what "club" they're from.

I know of your past issues with various traders, and I know that you have been fucked over by some, but don't tarnish everyone with the same brush.

Try to consider that maybe the "TOTB crew" just happen to be a few like-minded people that maybe get on well, and have formed friendships. I don't think any of the guys I know on here would purposely go out of their way to rip someone off. Most of them will put themselves out to help other people.

In fact, the reasons I've formed many friendships on here is because of the genuine generosity, physical help and genuine, (non-sales), advice offered to me, whilst asking nothing in return.

Maybe I read your comments wrong, (I've had a long day... week!), but I couldn't not comment when I feel I'm being indirectly dragged into this. :conf:

And my $0.02 worth, Dudes done quite a lot for me in the past and I've always been happy with his work. When I had my car painted, it was him that didn't want to let the car go as there were a couple of paint faults that needed rectifying. I insisted on taking the car as I was an impatient git, and he's been hastling me ever since to take it back to be done! I might get around to it one day! :innocent:

AHMEN everything I wanted to say but could not be bothered to type:thumbs: " there are many fences in lots of gardens but they do not all get painted by the same brush".

Right so after the biggest hijack on the planet can we all at least agree that perhaps a little caution ought to be used in any dealings with the suprastore group????

I have received hassle with their rather poor administration skills in the past and it looks very much like I am not the only one.

This thread really oughtnt have been used as a personal problems airing zone. If you have an issue with a trader start your own thread ;)

Si me old fruit you sound like ya really need ya own bloody forum chap!!!:p

And as for the handbags do we really need to regress to acting like spoilt children :D

Oh and did I mention i owned my first porsche today (well everyone else is having a good old hijack so why shouldn't i?)

I never mentioned Auto Electricians!

Withdrraw.... Attack....withdraw attack...this aint fair I'm getting fired upon from all sides now....quick take cover here comes Matt having a go at me now.....

I apologise Matt if I offended you or anyone..I have NO issue with Dude either I was talking generally. If you read my posts (there are a lot of them) you will see there is no mention of me slagging off Dudes work, I too as I said before have only ever heard good things about Dudes work and I myself have reccomended him on the result of friends having their cars sprayed by him and being totally happy.

What does concern me and should concern others is when someone comes on the BBS (as I did once) because they didn't have anyone else to turn to for advice as to what to do...I appreciate its difficult to maintain a balance within the thread so as not to piss either party off....

(but I seem to manage to piss everyone off...I'm deeply sorry..not my intention...I blame the price of ciggarettes)

:innocent:

Stop bloody smoking then! :D

My whole point was the reference you made to the "BIG BOYS CLUB", "TOTB crew", and "My advice for what its worth: LEAVE this lot well alone unless you are in the motor trade yourself and have something they want." all seemed a little too close to home and maybe a bit genericly slating for my liking.

I wasn't specifically defending Dude, (although I did add my comments in his defence seeing as he seemed to be getting a bashing)... And unless you tell me different, whoever you were refering to wasn't actually one of the traders that you've had bad dealings with?

Aaaanyway, I'm sure it's just a simple case of mistaken internet/keyboard interpretation. :)

Stop bloody smoking then! :D

My whole point was the reference you made to the "BIG BOYS CLUB", "TOTB crew", and "My advice for what its worth: LEAVE this lot well alone unless you are in the motor trade yourself and have something they want." all seemed a little too close to home and maybe a bit genericly slating for my liking.

I wasn't specifically defending Dude, (although I did add my comments in his defence seeing as he seemed to be getting a bashing)... And unless you tell me different, whoever you were refering to wasn't actually one of the traders that you've had bad dealings with?

Aaaanyway, I'm sure it's just a simple case of mistaken internet/keyboard interpretation. :)

Interpret it how you wish....it wasn't meant to offend you or Dude...thats all I need to say and whilst it was a bit of a sweeping generalistation that I'm glad you picked up on, there is certainly an element of truth in it despite the 6th glass of Chateunuf and no fags!

:p

just got my car back and not 100% happy with it. some of the panels have gaps and poor paint in parts. the intercooler is on the piss. maybe we expect too much. put me off bodykits.

the supra over the years has been a big money pit, dread to think of all the money i have wasted on it. been off road since march and i started getting used to not having a supra. it still needs loads more spending to finish it off.

is it all worth it in the end?

Just read all this lot and would like to make a comment. What is posted on here by a member is not the "truth" nor is it "100 % accurate" it is as stated a members comment relating to his/hers memory of events.

..... and you all know what they say about conspicary theories:)