The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pissed Off With Suprastore

Rich

Originally posted by CJ

Si, every day I thank the good Lord that you are not a print buyer dealing with my company! :p :D

Why surely your company has a good reputation, my woes go back a couple of years CJ, as far as I'm concerned they are history, but I was shocked at how some thought they could rip us off and try and keep us quiet about it too......and just reading Andrews post....its still going on...it aint funny.

Andrew just post up the name....!

Si

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Andrew Dunk Shaw

Think im in agreement with all you say above apart from the last paragraph.

Ive just fell foul to what now turns out to be the worst job on a car that ive ever had done.

Not only was the quality of the work v poor but now having stripped my car of all the parts fitted im amazed they actually stayed on the car during my 200 mile drive home, in reflection and now knowing just exactly how much work ive had to do to put this mess right wish i'd simply not payed them another penny and i'll see you in court..

I wont get caught again by COWBOYS on here who claim to be something there obviously not.

If your spending your hard earned cash with companies or individuals on here or elsewhere check them out as best you can and if your not 100% happy dont use them.

Regards

dunk

I agree dude, name and shame. I think we should be a little less shy when it comes to warning others of our misfortune...:)

Originally posted by CJ

Si, every day I thank the good Lord that you are not a print buyer dealing with my company! :p :D

CJ, na that attitude towards me has gone out of fashion, seen as some of the 'big boys' have had their cars fucked over too now...

catch up mate!

;) :innocent:

How many years will it take for everyone to realise!

Originally posted by Green Peace

CJ, na that attitude towards me has gone out of fashion, seen as some of the 'big boys' have had their cars fucked over too now...

catch up mate!

;) :innocent:

How many years will it take for everyone to realise!

I was just funning with you my old fruit :) :hug:

Originally posted by CJ

I was just funning with you my old fruit :) :hug:

I know u were, I just dont like seeing people getting ripped off, time and time again and userlly by the same people, and then watching these people getting rich beyond belief....at our expense often...I saved hard to have stuff done to my car, only to watch the money being wrenched out of my hands by some greedy con man who virtually drops my keys on the floor for me to scramble on the floor to retrieve, as if I dont even exist

....that really DOES bug me.

:(

Edited..nothing dodgy lol

As salty says its not too difficult to figure out and im definately not shy or scared about naming names, this is a very serious matter in my opinion and im seeking further advice.

If the people involved want to refund me a futher £1500 then at least my wallet would be happier.

If my probs were limited to a few certain items of the job then i wouldnt be so upset, but im afraid every aspect of the work done has been bodged.

Very poor paint finish ( flatting marks, orange peel, very little paint on certain areas, very little prep of fibre glass panels, car was supposed to be mica black oe colour but most of the car had traces of metalflake or metallic paint )

Crack in front bumper.

Crack in rear quarter panel.

Butchered facelift indicators because they didnt fit in front bumper.

Dent in drivers door not repaired which i specificly pointed out when dropping car off.

Dents in both doors under door handles where they'd been over tightened.

Exhaust tail pipe hiting bodywork.

Rear bumper fit to rear quarter panel on drivers side 7" long by 1/8" gap on one side.

Rear arches underneath not finished ( holes both sides 3" x 2" which should fill up nicely with mud and water )

Bolts missing holding front wings to car.

Bolts missing holding side skirts to car.

Bolts missing holding front bumper to car.

Air scoop on bonnet, 3 studs broken and replaced with self tappers. Very supprised that stayed on the car !!

Front bumper assembly which is 2 pieces was bolted together while the paint was still wet and was lots of fun trying to split.

Rear wing on tailgate was bonded to it also very difficult to get off, none of the wing bolts were tight along with every other bolt holding the kit on.

Rear washer jet not connected so the water just goes inside tailgate.

They painted my r spec fmic black which i agreed to have done but thought they would have taken it off the car to do it, now i have a half painted fmic along with the hard pipes only having paint on the front and also the blue hose connectors and hose clips got the same treatment, look real good in black !!!!

Radiator overflow tank also got the halfpainted black treatment.

My car was supposed to have been valeted but was covered inside with paint shop dust etc and think it got a wipe with a damp cloth.

Now if i'd only given them 2 weeks to do the work i'd sort of expect a crap job but when my car has been there for 3 months then i expected better. I was also promised pictures of the car as the work progressed which simply didnt happen, i was promised pictures when i picked the car up and still havent go them.

My car could have been a great free advert for this person and i even offered him a cash bonus to make my car look the dogs.

Shame its ended up like this as i actually thought i'd got a fellow car enthusiast doing my car and expected a much better job.

Regards

ADS

Sounds like you got a really sh1t deal there mate.

Hope it's all fixed soon and that you get some compensation for the bad workmanship.

I know of a bodyshop in Norwich which screwed up a paint job on a Sup and in the end they had to pay for it to be sorted elsewhere! This is the sort of compensation I'd been looking for in your shoes.

Hope your Supra is up and running soon - to your satisfaction.

Sorry guys, i don`t know who you`re going on about but you`ve certainly got me worried now. Could someone PM me who it is so i can avoid them like the plague as i haven`t been around here long enough to have picked up on this side of things yet.

Me too!:eek:

I had a lot of work done on my car by the person in question and, to be fair, there was a few things I wasn't 100% happy with. You'll get that with any major job though.

I mentioned the things I wasn't happy with, in private and away from mkivsupa.net, and they were all sorted out without any ill feeling.

$0.02

Originally posted by Jake

I had a lot of work done on my car by the person in question and, to be fair, there was a few things I wasn't 100% happy with. You'll get that with any major job though.

I mentioned the things I wasn't happy with, in private and away from mkivsupa.net, and they were all sorted out without any ill feeling.

$0.02

a good way of doing things Jake

Originally posted by DaveRex

a good way of doing things Jake

Depends how bad they were, some may never notice certain things and also some mistakes could even cost you your life.

OK 1st port of call is to ask the person in question to put things right...if not and they are likely to do it to others then post it up I say. (with some facts and figures)

I dont see what the problem is...I mean who gives a shit about someones reputation....if they dont seem to give a shit about their own reputation!!!

Si

:innocent:

I said this to a mod in a PM a while ago, thought I would post it up:

Libel and Slander: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! If the those dumb enough to make these threats actually looked into what they entailed, they would realise sueing individuals would be hard enough, never mind the forum itself! Perhaps a couple of £££ could go to a quick consulation with a brief, to put and club fears at rest. I assure it will.

So, if you have a serious and well-founded complaint, FIRE AWAY!

:flame Dev

$0.02

I totally agree that your going to get bits and pieces that go wrong, but on my car everything is wrong, i havent made that list up because i dont like the person involved far from it, i actually thought he was a good bloke and new his stuff and TRUSTED him with my pride n joy, its a list of the FACTS.

If there had been just a couple of items that werent so good i'd have not said a word anywhere and just sorted them myself, as it happens my car has had to be totally stripped and started again, the only items i cant do very much about are the quarter panels which are in some way bonded to the car and dont think i'd get them off in one piece.

On a quick inspection of my car when i got it back with a professional bodyshop manager he was of the opinion that we could poss save the day with approx 7-10 days work.

I spoke to the person involved and told him i wasnt happy and i'd stopped the cheque and wanted a revised payment to cover putting right the extra work.

That was agreed after a very heated conversation which i didnt enjoy as comments were made to myself which im not disclosing here until the advice ive sort gives me some answers.

The main problems now begin as the list gets bigger of things to repair and put right and now the only way forward to properly rescue my car has been to basicly start again.

This has cost me a further £1500 on top, i was offered by them to put all the work right but my car had been there 3 months to date and if you cant get it right then, then you dont deserve more time.

Regards

ADS

I got Skywaters company ACR in Staples Corner to do my respray...and they were excellent...top qaulity job by Main Dealership reccomended Bodyshop with ISO Qaulity Control number...

I know I'm in safe hands, plus Hardeeps a good friend and he kept an eye out for me.

I appreciate what you are saying about getting a fellow car enthusiast to work on your car but I found this to be the worse scenario in the past. (tuning shops etc)

I hope he puts it right for you and admits fault, otherwise he'll obviously lose some business from this...

I have never been to this person for work because I found someone nearer (and he prob wouldn't want to do business with me either for good reasons lol)

But first time Ive heard anything bad, though I'm sure he is honest and respectable enough to put things right for you...

keep us posted...hope it gets sorted.

Si

:innocent:

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Libel and Slander: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!

if you have a serious and well-founded complaint, FIRE AWAY!

Easy to say but I wonder if you'd have the same opinion if it was you and your business that was libeled and slandered.

Easy to say but I wonder if you'd have the same opinion if it was you and your business that was libeled and slandered.

Wrong end of the stick Jake.

Individuals and the forum itself have nothing to worry about when it comes to companies sueing on grounds of libel/slander. This issue has come up in the past as the reason for not posting 'name and shame' threads etc, as the forum itself and the individual feared the company involved sueing.

I conduct myself well, always have and will, so to answer your question, I would still have the same opinion as a business as I wouldn't do it in the first place.