The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what would make you get rid of your supra

liam1

The only reason I would get shot of the car would be if my wife gave me a choice between her and the car. A car is a car, but if i had to chose, the i would chose my rock every time. After all the supe is a passion, but it'd a thing. My wife and aughet thought mean more to me than any] physical possession. Period. EverythingB] and I mean everything, comes second to them. They are my one true and only reason for existence. Nothing else matters.

The only reason I would get shot of the car would be if my wife gave me a choice between her and the car. A car is a car, but if i had to chose, the i would chose my rock every time. After all the supe is a passion, but it'd a thing. My wife and aughet thought mean more to me than any] physical possession. Period. EverythingB] and I mean everything, comes second to them. They are my one true and only reason for existence. Nothing else matters.

:amen:

If we have another little one and money gets tight then the Supra goes. We might try for another one next year but im hoping to get us in a better financial position so that I dont have to sell the Supra if we do

We will find out soon enough anyway

Mark

I think everyone would give up there pride and joy if the occassion arrised. It's only a car at the end of the day. It can be replaced. I'd give my car up in a flash, if i was in financial trouble or conflict with a loved one. I can make things better and buy a better one down the line ;)

I would get rid of the supe if and only if it would cause world peace make every one in the world happy solve all poverty, provide a cure for all illnesses, diseases etc.............in fact BOLLO**S i'm keepin it!

Good thread this.

I have decided that i am selling mine, i will be doing various adverts this w'end. I tried to do so a couple of nights ago, but just couldnt bring myself to do it.

6 months ago i wouldnt have considered it, but something has changed within me. I've always spent a lot of money (for me) on cars. I'm taking the sensible route for a bit and going to gather some savings towards a deposit for a house at some point next year when the house market is hopefully a bit better. I also want to experience a few more things in life, that freeing up some cash will allow me to do. One of them is a holiday in Lapland in December, a life long dream of mine.

I love my car, a hell of a lot and get a lot of satisfaction out of it. But i have to say i'm getting a very strange sense lately. I was recently driving down the M4, lets say, well in excess of triple figures ;) and for the first time ever, it scared the sh1t out of me, no idea why. There is something deep within me telling me to sell the car, before something nasty happens. Dont ask me what this 'sense' is. Its something quite strange but i generally have a good sense about me if i think something is going to happen, they normally do, really is quite weird. i've had so much fun with the car and its in such good shape, that i couldnt bare to see anything happen to it. Something is telling me i have had my day with it.

My left hand is even shaking slightly by writing this. Honestly, very strange feeling.

But yes, mine will be going up for sale this w'end :(

:flame: :flame: :flame:

:iagree:

Ditto! :eyebrows:

Actually, dya know any funeral directors who can get me buried in my supra?? they do it in Mexico acutally ;) ....loooks like I'll be amending my will :p

Well, I dumped the last guy because he didnt fit in with my supra-petrol head loving life style :innocent: besides, he had cr@p taste in cars anway :D

L

I'd only get rid of mine if I won the lottery, bought my dream house and found the garage couldn't be enlarged any further and there was no room in it after the RS4, 911 Turbo, Aerial Atom and Dodge Viper were parked in there.

LOL,

Don't try to kid yourself Linda we all know you dumped him for me, as I have a 1.5D Saxo ;)

But as I keep telling you, im not available :)

Mark

Ditto! :eyebrows:

Actually, dya know any funeral directors who can get me buried in my supra?? they do it in Mexico acutally ;) ....loooks like I'll be amending my will :p

Well, I dumped the last guy because he didnt fit in with my supra-petrol head loving life style :innocent: besides, he had cr@p taste in cars anway :D

L

Im selling mine as I fancy a change,Ive got 3 cars which is just plain greedy,so as far as my head is at the moment,the Triumph tr8 is going and the Supra.I must admit,the wife is not too happy about me selling the Supra so I hope really deep down,nobody buys it.