The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Holy S**t it's fast!

Homer

Ok sorry about delay guys was busy mapping to late last night again.

Ok here are 2 datalogs of pulls in 5th and 6th. Unfortunatly did not getting any in the lower gears but will do when i see homer next week.

5th Gear pull - 1.15 bar by 3244 RPM

P.s i have removed the fuel table numbers so that no one steals my work :D

6th Gear pull - 1.12 by 3094 RPM

Boy this spools quick didn't relise it was this quick until looked at log. See how the afr are leaned out just before it hit 1.4bar to build boost alot quick.

Notice early in the this log how the boost spiked due to having to much gain on boost controller but then look latter in the log where its marked, the boost is rock steady ;)

Enjoy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That blighter spins up about 250rpm faster than mine :thumbs: That AFR trick might be helping but I think my Apexi AVCr isn't as good as other boost controllers. Or, which may be more likely, it's not set up right by muggins here :D My boost buildup tails off terribly once it's past about 0.8bar :(

-Ian

I sure am mate :D

For wkdtime: The cold start is working and it drives fine when cold (not quite as smooth as warm, but then it never was before). It's very rich when idling but Ryan is coming back in the next few days to fix this (apparently it's just an adjustment so isn't a concern).

Ahh sweet, what sort of AFR's were you seeing at cold start?

Pm if you prefer:)

ryan is also maping mine done a bloody good job so far with the base map just wish i could run it in quicker so the fun can really begin

The base map was lovely until you went and broke it wayne :p i was enjoying my dinner so much and then ...... RING RING

No was good you sorted leak bud :)

Just another little update...

Ryan came back today to sort the cold start and do some more tweaks to the map.

On boost is now better mapped to 1.4bar and it's even quicker than before, I'd say about 10-20% more power :D It's just unbelievable how quick it accelerates now, going from 100-155 takes about 7 seconds in 5th. even at these speeds it's a proper 'pinned to the seat' experience!

It's building boost much faster now on the lower gears and is spinning through 3rd in the dry.

Cold and hot start are now perfect and off boost and partial throttle at low speeds are now as smooth as stock.

There is a problem with the Map sensor though, it's only reading to 1.12bar, so need to get an aftermarket one fitted and another session mapping. It's building boost to 1.0bar incredibly quick, there's then a bit of a delay for a about 500rpm, then builds VERY quickly to 1.4bar. Hopefully with the new pressure sensor this can be changed so it'll build to 1.4bar smoother.

Even now I'm very happy with it. It's like a stock car around town and in traffic, but is an absolute animal when the turbo starts spooling. It's very driveable and to be honest, easier to control than BPU.

Ryan will hopefully be able to post a couple more data logs showing the boost and afr's through the gears and a few of some hard pulls.

Sounds like a job well done Darryl, you going to give it a little run at Pod some time to see what it does? If you fancy a general rwyb day let me know and i'll meet you there. It would be interesting to see exactly how different {faster} yours is compared to a bog stocker :)

Sounds like a job well done Darryl, you going to give it a little run at Pod some time to see what it does? If you fancy a general rwyb day let me know and i'll meet you there. It would be interesting to see exactly how different {faster} yours is compared to a bog stocker :)

No problem Rik, I shoud be there for Jap Show on the 23rd or 24th June. Will let you know beforehand :)

Not sure what times I'll get, it's still suffering from wheel hop so I'm not expecting anything good, if I can break 12.5 i'll be a happy man!