The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who wants bits of my old 98 TT Tipto?

roboldham

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oi oi! I want the rear seat bolts!!

Is anyone going to see the car to get bits?

I just called Dave and he said I can have them but I'll have to get them myself and it's bloomin miles from me so I was going to ask a HOOOGE favour if someone going to get bits if they could grab these for me also...? PUHLEASE?

i bought a load of stuff off this car this morning for a couple of supras i have at work, i have never ever has such a helpfull friendly responce from a scrap yard ever ! and i have do deal with them all the time

just to add the Blits DSBC ID II didnt even ake it to the scrap yard, it was ripped out by some eager beaver at the insurance company probably ;)

he does want to sell the bits just not at our price he did say alot of "well these are very rare parts" i just replied "yes but they arnt brand new" and i would rather buy brand new ones than £200 and have to replace the lenses coz by the the time ive referbished them i will probibly be paying near full price anyway

BTW where is this scrapyard?? (directions plz)

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

ring him up and ask if he will take £8k for car as you thinking about restoring it to its former glory.

it would give him a shock he would not expect.

hehehe

how much would engine and geabox go for?

i wouldnt do that the pound signs will just light up in his eyes then nobody will get anything hes going to be like that thing off lord of the rings but with a car not a ring :devil:

i went today and got the juicy bits :D

left all the dash parts on the side, i took them off carefully and they are all there, but remember this is a face lift dash !

front light are scrap IMHO, one lens is shot and the other is "unhealthy"

SMIC is also not looking to good, rad is fine along with the shroud and fans, engine and box look good to, door cards and all interior plastics are there except the drivers side a pillar trim that had been damaged and the rear hatch plastic cover has a corner missing. one rear light is fine the other one has a damaged lens, jspec brakes are still there with pads but no rear disks as i have them with the rear suspension i bought, front suspension is still all there, black carpet has gone along with the front indicators (inc loom and holders), seats are fine but soiled (could be cleaned easily), all body panels are scrap except the front bumper but that is scratched all over, there is no glass at all, ecu is still there along with air box and and all engine bolt on parts and hoses, didnt get chance to have a good look at the wheels as they are in the office and they were covered in mud

had a good chat to the guy today and they are really friendly, they are asking a fair bit for some parts as he realises these are rear cars, i spent a few quid with him today and he said he would sort me out with anything i wanted from the car so if anybody wants anything ask me and ill speak to him direct and twist his arm on the prices ;)