The mkiv Supra Owners Club

views on fast and furious supra

liam1

The metallic poo one? TRD kit with nasty Blitz spoiler - driver with an inability to drive, they shamed the Supra in that film. Graphics looked like coffee stains.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/faf_supra.jpg

Seems like a lot of work to turn one of the others into that when the guy who casts them seems to have an endless supply of people wanting to show their cars on TV.

Still better looking than the tango coloured one with a snow plow stuck to the boot and a picture of a drag queen thowing a dildo ;) :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f&f made my mind up to get a supra i was looking at skylines and 300zx i made the right choice .

the f&f supra looked the part for the film but no one would do one for the road you would just get laughed at especially on here

That sounds about right. I could be wrong on the whole it cost them loads to change his car, but I'm sure I've read that somewhere. Not that I believe everything I read though...:innocent:

I'm sure his car was Yellow prior to being Orange, with a stillen front and no mechano set on the rear.

Shame the film came out tbh, it's kinda annoying when a car like this is quite unknown then a film comes out and displays it for everyone to see, I wonder if supra prices would be higher here if it didn't come out, prices rose in the states but i'm pretty sure it had an opposite effect here especially when more imports came in.

It's rice, but sounds nice, apparently the sound was taken from an n/a, I don't believe that though :)

I love this car. Would deffinitely loose the ironing board on the back though, always hated them from the second I saw one. Not a fan of the graphics in particularly but it wouldn't be the same without them so it's allowed to keep em lol.

I watch films purely for entertainment and interest value, sod the storyline etc and this film entertains me over and over so I love it. Second one sucked but had to give it a go and even though the 3rd went down quite well I thought it was as lame as the second. They should of dropped the name The Fast And The Furious and just had the same film as Tokyo Drift - as a film 2 and 3 aren't tooooo bad but with the title and following the 1st I felt let down. Same as XXX2, alright movie I spose but shouldn't have anything to do with the first as I was 'entertained' yet again lol.

There yar thats my twopenny worth !

Everyone saying about how much money the studios spent on converting NA-TT's just isnt economical, even for big movie studios. I heard reports on here a few years back that all the Supra's used in the first one were NA's, NA's with front mounted intercoolers in place to make them look like TT's. And then no doubt they worked their movie magic and laid over the correct sound effects for dump valves and the sort.

Because you can really see a movie studio splashing lots of their budget on something they know nothing about just to end up with a big powered Supra......Not.......

I'll put my Supra on those cars being nothing, I remember someone posting a link to Supra forums of some young lad who bought the Supra from the first film and it was NA, and he didnt even have a licence yet to drive........

Have a look at book ISBN 1 84425 024 5

'The Cars of The Fast and the Furious'

Has details on all cars, specs, intro from the directors, stunt coordinators etc: really good book if your into the cars. Read it and cry at the amount of money they spent on then blew up!

I'll put my Supra on those cars being nothing, I remember someone posting a link to Supra forums of some young lad who bought the Supra from the first film and it was NA, and he didnt even have a licence yet to drive........

There were a lot of bad cars made to look good, most notably the Eclipse, Toretto's RX7 and Edwins Acura: they were made to look good using sticky backed plastic and cardboard!

Everyone saying about how much money the studios spent on converting NA-TT's just isnt economical, even for big movie studios. I heard reports on here a few years back that all the Supra's used in the first one were NA's, NA's with front mounted intercoolers in place to make them look like TT's. And then no doubt they worked their movie magic and laid over the correct sound effects for dump valves and the sort.

Because you can really see a movie studio splashing lots of their budget on something they know nothing about just to end up with a big powered Supra......Not.......

Alot of that might be true but from what ive read the car was a winner before the movie came along. Won all the shows etc then the movie people spotted it and transformed it to the one we know now. Haven't read all this thread but I see someone found the original look it had with the yellow paint job. I think the studio paid for the power tune up it had and the cast had their autographs laquered on to the body somewhere and it was up for bout 70k n went to Germany I think

I remember reading about the work they did on the previously yellow supra to give ith a full respray and "glam" it up for the film.

Yes. He helped them with the 'scene' details for the first movie and I think the 2nd. He used to hang out on Supraforums.

He did yeah, AFAIR, he's also the bloke at Racewars who lines the cars up and gives them the signal to go

I was flicking through a book on the cars from all 3 films in Waterstones the other day and it claimed that there were 4 Supras made for the second film - all for that one opening scene. Only one had an engine. They then photoed it, blew the pic up and stuck it under the bonnet of the others. If they needed to see the engine without being too close up, they could get away with the replica cars. Not sure how much I believe that, but it made me smile :)

There were a lot of bad cars made to look good, most notably the Eclipse, Toretto's RX7 and Edwins Acura: they were made to look good using sticky backed plastic and cardboard!

544 Horsepower @ 6,800 rpms

Maximum engine speed: 7,770 rpms

0-60 in 4.3 seconds

0-100 in 9.2 seconds

1 mile in 12.2 seconds at 115 mph

Top speed: 185 mph

Skidpad: 0.98 g’s

Slalom time: 65 mph

Curb weight: 3,601 lbs

Are you sure thats right? 1 mile in 12.2 seconds? That would make the 1/4 of a mile time in around 3 then?