The mkiv Supra Owners Club

views on fast and furious supra

liam1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get that one............firstly it wasnt someone elses car, and secondly how could a newer one be cheaper ? :search: ;)

It was a street racers car used for the film - they insisted on a few mods to get it to the studios spec - theres an excelletn book they used to sell in Halfrauds, 'The Cars of F&F' which has full specs on all the cars, the builds, the stunts etc. Worth a read ( i keep it by the toilet )

The car was rented to Universal Studios by Craig Lieberman - it was bright green when it came into the studio. The only other change was the Graphics.

The Poo brown Supra in 2F2F was one of the many orange stunt Hero Supras from the 1st film and was taken direct from the universal studio's warehouse for mods: quite a few of them in fact ( Turbo upgrade kit, fuel rail, injectors and Nitrous )

I love the film, watch it loads and its definately what got me into the Supra, sold my BMW Clubsport off on ebay the very next day to watching the film ( at a loss of some £13,000 ) just so i could own my very own.

Sold it to Alex a few months later after picking up my first ban. :innocent:

The car was rented to Universal Studios by Craig Lieberman - it was bright green when it came into the studio. The only other change was the Graphics.

I'm sure his car was Yellow prior to being Orange, with a stillen front and no mechano set on the rear.

Great looking car in sunny california with cool young actors driving it around surrounded by stunning women, not so cool in rainy old Britain being driven my middle aged men with beer guts :)

So true! It looks amazing in California and did a lot for the Supra scene. I doubt I would have wanted a Supra if it wasn’t for this film.

I just imagined that scene in England, in the grey and drizzly weather, racing a Corsa nearly killing an innocent motorist, slowing for a speed camera and then pulling into the local trading estate McDonalds while some teens on scooters circle the car shouting do a burn out. It loses some of the appeal!

Looked great on the film but saw a replica at japfest 3 or 4 years ago and wished I hadn't it kind of ruined it for me. It's a movie car, looks good on screen but a dissappointment in reality kind of like a movie star!

If that car at japfest was anyones from here sorry but I am sure you have sorted it by now!

i love the colour and the sound it makes, what more could you want?? a single turbo 6 speed aerotop :cool: , like people have said get rid of the graphics and get a nicer spoiler and it would be perfect....

i think the original owner was Craig Lieberman , and it was defo a turbo version...

Spec.

Engine

Type: Inline-6, Turbocharged

Displacement cu in (cc): 183 (2997)

Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 544(400) / 6800

Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: n.a.

Redline at RPM: 7770

Performance

Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.3

Top Speed mph (km/h): 185 (298)