The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine bay covers

colsoop

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived this morning, excellent service sir!

Items themselves look spot on (although they are still in bubble wrap to stop me getting them dirty), very fast delivery, excellent communication throughout and even a warning on the box to warn me about sharp edges (If Paul Evans had done that with his sill covers I wouldn't have a scar on my finger!).

All in all a very pleasant experience, if only all traders were this efficient!

do you want paying for my order yet is paypal ok

I would prefer to take the money when the parts are ready to send if thats ok. I am hoping to get the outstanding orders finished by Tuesday (i am working the weekend to make sure of this)

is mine ready yet boss?

I just need to get a fan shroud done Uz, tomorrow morning it will be done. So i should get that out on Monday. :)

ok so what have people used to attach these??? Halfruads sticky pads?

I use a double sided velcro tape, this way you can remove the covers for cleaning or when you aren't at a show then reattach to the velcro. You can get the tape from Focus.

I have the parts done for everybody on the list with the exception of Franko (your parts will be ready to send out on Monday)

If anybody i have pm'd has had a change of mind or any other issues please just pm me so that i can either put the parts to one side (at my disgression) or let another member have the parts.

Thanks for your patience.

If anyone is interested i have a few more bits and pieces available:

Fan shrouds

Fuse box plain

Washer caps

Brake caps

Straight rad covers

Relay covers.

I also have a prototype overflow tank that sits next to the battery, it fits with the oem cap from your old overflow bottle. (see attached images)

Regards

Colin

Hi colin, Got my bits and they look great, thanks. I was just wondering if you made or can get the bit Iv highlighted in red the attatched pic (top left)?

I don't but could get some made, the only problem being i would need 10 people interested to make a batch up. I would also need the plastic cover to create a template from.

I have the parts done for everybody on the list with the exception of Franko (your parts will be ready to send out on Monday)

If anybody i have pm'd has had a change of mind or any other issues please just pm me so that i can either put the parts to one side (at my disgression) or let another member have the parts.

Thanks for your patience.

If anyone is interested i have a few more bits and pieces available:

Fan shrouds

Fuse box plain

Washer caps

Brake caps

Straight rad covers

Relay covers.

I also have a prototype overflow tank that sits next to the battery, it fits with the oem cap from your old overflow bottle. (see attached images)

Regards

Colin

how much you want and any chance you can make a cap for it?

how much you want and any chance you can make a cap for it?

It is designed to fit with the existing overflow tank cap, so the best bet would be to put up a wanted post for one.

Im not 100% on price yet but expected to be around £45

I use a double sided velcro tape, this way you can remove the covers for cleaning or when you aren't at a show then reattach to the velcro. You can get the tape from Focus.

Just got the first installment of parts through today (Cheers mate), haven't had a chance to break them open and get near the car yet, how many of these need to be secured with tape? i.e. how much am I going to need to get from focus etc..?

Just got the first installment of parts through today (Cheers mate), haven't had a chance to break them open and get near the car yet, how many of these need to be secured with tape? i.e. how much am I going to need to get from focus etc..?

I would say the fan shroud will need secruing along with the ignitor the washer cap and the curved rad cover.

The other parts are normally quite snug although ply that by ear, if you think they are too loose pop some tape on.

The sticky velcro comes in one piece about 1 metre long, that should be more than enough for the job.

One thing though make sure the areas you put the tape on to are clean and free from grease or dirt before sticking the tape to them ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.