The mkiv Supra Owners Club

[2002 JDM SZ, manual] How much my car is worth???

SupraPL

How come yours is a non-VVTi? I thought all the newest ones had VVTi.

Yours is a genuine 02 model right? Are you sure it's not one of those that were just registered wrong (like GreenPeace's green "W reg" one that was actually a few years older)

I presume you've checked the VIN number on mkiv.co.nz ?

I thought it was only the US that got the VVTi n/a cars?

For some reason even the newest n/a's over here are still non-VVTi :search:

And by the way, a PM, in my opinion, is just that, a PERSONAL mail. One of the reasons I hate the things and ask not to receive them, or be expected to reply to them, is that some people will then quote them on a public forum. In this case my stance is well known, but i hope my point is clear?

Obviously the VIN plate will tell all, but in 2003 I looked at this car in Wicked Kit in Wigan. The guy who owns the company brought it over himself as he showed me the pictures of it on the docks etc.

The car looked like a brand new, so I would be surprised if it was an older car tbh. He had it up for 22K at the time and couldn't shift it. It finally went for 16K ish.....:rolleyes: I would have had it if I wasn't knocking out kids for fun at the time!!

H.

And by the way, a PM, in my opinion, is just that, a PERSONAL mail. One of the reasons I hate the things and ask not to receive them, or be expected to reply to them, is that some people will then quote them on a public forum. In this case my stance is well known, but i hope my point is clear?

Of course, you are right! Sorry about that Sir. :(

:think: :confused: :shrug:

H.

I thought it was only the US that got the VVTi n/a cars?

For some reason even the newest n/a's over here are still non-VVTi :search:

I don't know, but that's certainly not what it says on mkiv.co.nz :

Jap Specifics

VVT (Variable Valve Timing) - the US TT model never had VVT while the Japanese TT did. Both the US and Japanese NA models had VVT which was introduced in September 1997.

:shrug:

No worries Tomasz, thanks for the apology, but I am not out to upset people who make GOOD convesrions, which this could be misconstrued to suggest. I really think you need to step back and take some more time to think how you REALLY want to proceed on this, you can spend a considerable amount of money and basically ruin a nice car, if you don't do your homework fully and buy a mismatch of stuff. If you couldn't buy a totally rust free earlier car I could fully agree with you not wanting an older model, but I see some superb ealy TT models that would be ideal as a performance boost rather than a half hearted attempt at modding a 2002 car.

Hard to price that one, the NA prices are getting silly lately with people getting fussy over 3K cars. This car obviously has its age in its favour but I wouldn’t like to say what it might be worth, depends if someone is willing to pay a massive premium for its 02 plate.

Go ahead, do what you like and ignore my advice ;)

There is a search button up there ^^

Rob,

probably it is a good advice, but i like my 5 years old non turbo engine and i'm not sure that i can buy good engine from breaker's yard ;)

BTW: How much for engine swap (fitted)? ;)

Maybe i just buy bolt on PHR Stage 1 N/A-turbo kit [320RWHP at 8SPI] (0.5bar?)

As i said before:

- reliability first

- i don't really want to sell my Supra

Regards

Tomasz

You can likely find a late TT engine...or an older TT engine and build it up well, then add stock low mileage or hybrid twin turbos. I imagine it would cost about the same as NA-T...and gives you headroom to build upwards in the future.

You shouldnt have to sell your car, and as long as you spend some money on good parts and on getting it fitted by good guys it should be reliable.

Not trying to sound nasty, but there are many many threads out there with the answers to all of your questions and more :)

Rob,

probably it is a good advice, but i like my 5 years old non turbo engine and i'm not sure that i can buy good engine from breaker's yard ;)

BTW: How much for engine swap (fitted)? ;)

Maybe i just buy bolt on PHR Stage 1 N/A-turbo kit [320RWHP at 8SPI] (0.5bar?)

As i said before:

- reliability first

- i don't really want to sell my Supra

Regards

Tomasz

You can likely find a late TT engine...or an older TT engine and build it up well, then add stock low mileage or hybrid twin turbos. I imagine it would cost about the same as NA-T...and gives you headroom to build upwards in the future.

Rob, i just need 400BHP. My car is 5 speed and i'm happy with shorter gears ;) If you point me to somebody who does proper engine swap for me and it will be cost less that N/A-T route - i might be interested.

You shouldnt have to sell your car, and as long as you spend some money on good parts and on getting it fitted by good guys it should be reliable.

I want to buy best (or nearly best ;)) parts available on the market. Do you know "good guys"? ;)

Not trying to sound nasty, but there are many many threads out there with the answers to all of your questions and more :)

Trust me or not, but i spend nearly two years with search button and Uncle Google. Don't forget that english is not my mother tongue language and i need a lot time to translate all this stuff. :( And i work really hard to have money for my toys.

Thanks

Tomasz

Trust me or not, but i spend nearly two years with search button and Uncle Google. Don't forget that english is not my mother tongue language and i need a lot time to translate all this stuff. :( And i work really hard to have money for my toys.

Im not sure who would take on the full engine swap for you Tomasz, and i know you only want the best for your car, as we all do :)

Im not sure who would take on the full engine swap for you Tomasz, and i know you only want the best for your car, as we all do :)

Yes i do.

Decisions, decisions...

I will buy PHR N/A-T kit and if engine blow up i will do N/A-TT conversion.

Life is too short to worry about anything and everything. :D