The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gto V Supe

chilly

Thats want i want to hear!!!

Proper experiences.

There has been a few fools at work...mainly guys that work with a mate of mine who have been saying that the Supe n/a is crap.

One guy with a Lexus IS, one with a Skoda RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havent raced an IS LEXUS, but stuffed a skoda vrs :D

TOP GEAR MAG SAYS 0-60 7.3 TOP SPEED -149 200 BHP- 207 TORQUE- 1984CC 4 CYL

IS 220 0-60 8.9 TOP SPEED 134MPH 175 BHP.

go smoke em :flame:

The ex-man (who wasnt ex at the time but soon to be shortly after :eyebrows: ) said he was going to buy an NA GTO, just as I'd got my supra....yawn...(tying to keep up, me thinks :rolleyes: ) But still, it was an improvement on the usual american f@rd cr@p he usually bought so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Until he said he bought it because the rear end of the GTO reminded him of an American muscle car :blink: Needless to say I dumped the knob end after that :zzz:

They do have good grip around twisty bits, being all wheel drive, but I reckon I'd have slaughtered him on a straight. but as he was such a knob I wouldnt give him the satisfaction of getting anywhere near my beastie - he couldnt drive in a straight line, even with all wheel drive anyway :lalala:

One things for sure though, the Supra slaughters the GTO on looks :cool:

lol:D

Guest Cyberfyn

So much venom! Can't we all just get along? I love both of em, though not really into the un-blown versions. Both are 300+ BHP £40000+ supercars and a bit special. Both have their pro's and cons & devoted folowers. I have a 93 GTO TT that I love. I wave at Skyliners and Supe owners and go to a lot of meetings. We are all a bit different arn't we? Both cars were on the top of my list when i was looking to change my RX-7. I looked for 2 months and 800miles and test drove several cars of each type. I just turned out that I found a mint GTO at the right time. How often do we drive on the limit? most of the time it's tooling through towns or 30-40mph. Ultimate performance was not the top of my list.

Although this is quite interesting ;)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/efab470d-fa82-4a35-b5b0-982e018336bf.htm

Ian F

Until he said he bought it because the rear end of the GTO reminded him of an American muscle car :blink: Needless to say I dumped the knob end after that :zzz: slaughters the GTO on looks :cool:

Funny you say that as its also known as the Dodge Stealth in the US, they and the 3000GTs are common as muck over there.