The mkiv Supra Owners Club

System Restore

mawby

Due to a disastrous attempt at upgrading the forum software I have had to restore the site from this mornings backup. That means any new posts, threads or Pms created since 4am will have been lost.

I did do a backup before the restore so anything vital can be retrieved if needed, for example the trader renewal surveys which I created this morning.

Doing the restore was a last resort. I had removed nearly everything from the site in an attempt to identify the problem and the only non-standard things left were the garage and itrader. VBulletin support were not willing to investigate the problem unless I removed those too, but given the sheer amount of data involved with those plugins I decided it was better to restore the site for now and to look at the problems again later using a test system.

I can only apologise for this inconvenience. We have never had an upgrade fail before and I certainly didn’t spot anything in the upgrades list-of-changes which looked like it would cause a problem.

mawby

Can calender votes be restored???
Calendar votes will not be very easy to restore. I will take a look but it will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm getting evil eyes from Tigger for spending time on here when I should have been sorting out something for us to eat tonight! (Takeaway now me thinks)

I made a backup prior to the restore and the new renewal surveys are in that. Once I've extracted them from the 7GB backup I will restore the surveys and put back the links to them. Hopefully I can get this done this afternoon or this evening.