The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A LOUD bang and loads of smoke - Turbo 2 gone bye-bye?

Sheefa

Does just look like an overflow pipe Greg.

That goo doesn't look healthy!

Gaz.

Never been there before Gaz until recently. That's what's worrying. It doesn't feel grainy, could be the brake cleaner I used the clean the exhaust yesterday, but that evapourates!

Greg mate, if you ever want to write a book then I would certainly buy a copy or two.

You could probably detail the entire A to Z of Supra problems with what you have gone through.

I really do feel for you mucka:(

Thanks mate. I did a count today and so far I've had 7 confirmed problems in 8 months of ownership and have actually in total, including slight modifications (lights, strut brace etc) have spent £6,150 on the car.

Lessed to say, my credit card debt is now stupid. :(

Lube for Eds Supra lovin' activities?

As Per my modelling of THAT tshirt :

LOl thanks Pete. So somebody could of actually knocked one off in my exhaust pipe - lovely.

Trust me, it certainly was not me!

First one round here with a pick-axe and a box of matches gets a tenner.

Greg, sorry to hear this mate :( I'm driving over to Walsall / Cannock way tomorrow to drop some stuff off for the missus - if you're anywhere round there I could come and have a quick look if you like? I doubt I'll be much use, but maybe I can spot any damaged/loose hoses etc. :)

btw, contact K14 SUP and get an oil testing kit from him - at least he may be able to give you some better info as to what's going on inside your engine. I've got a sample jar here I was gonna use on mine, but I could drop it by if you like.

Thank you very much Bob.

I'll be at work tomorrow sadly mate, it certainly wont be a good day either, but thank you for the offer.

I'm going to hopefully get it trailored to Turbofit this week and get them to sort it.

I'll speak to Steve about the testing kit :)

Thanks again.

Greg

Bad luck Greg.

I had soemthing like this happen and it was the intercooler hose that connects to the SMIC in the wing that popped off, it was a really violent bang when it let go. Fingers crossed yours is the same.

Thanks Colin.

TBH, I can't see any hoses off anyway and I feel tis was a problem waiting to happen from the recent smoking issues etc I've had.

Alive or not, Turbo Number 2 has DEFINITELY been struggling recently! Here's hoping it's just a case of something popping though - like my exhaust from all the oil buildup! :innocent:

Check your water levels greg.

White smoke is coolant or water burning away, oil is blue, excess petrol is black.

The residue also looks mayo on the exhaust?

I would check for headgasket failure tbh, what are peoples thoughts on that?

Check your water levels greg.

White smoke is coolant or water burning away, oil is blue, excess petrol is black.

The residue also looks mayo on the exhaust?

I would check for headgasket failure tbh, what are peoples thoughts on that?

I'll check now. Although I thought if it was a H/G failure it plumes out smoke. Checked this last time on the phone with Greg and all seemed OK tbh mate. :) Thanks.

i was just going on the funny coloured stuff in your exhaust, didnt mean to give false info etc :(

It could be condensation in your exhaust mixing with the oil residue from your blowers

No need for the sad face buddy - appreciate the advice and at least it rules something else out ;)

Just checked the fluid in the rad. Still full and perfectly clear, no oil or gunk inside before starting the car and the same after a 5 minute idle :)

Thanks.

Greg

What a bitch - hope you find it's a blown hose and the smoke was from blocked breathers/pcv or something not too expensive.

Good service from Envy - bit of a blessing if it is a shagged turbo.

Gaz, who supplies your hybrid turbos?