The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South West - Cheddar Gorge this weekend

edge

Can't come out to play today..:( (but had lots of fun yesterday at the SEM)...:)

Have fun chaps....

Ask Jaymdee to fix his phone up to the sun visor - it's brill !

G

G. Got a new phone, which has a better camera, but is not a clam shell flip type. Need to find another way to set it up (gets thinking hat on :D )

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys what can i say except i had a wonderful day apart from my kids and missis but it was nice to meet you all.

Im stuck in with the kids while the missis is out and about with you lot so pity you LOL

Tried to put pics up but they are too big and wont upload so i will try again tomorrow.

Take it steady and see you all again soon

p.s dont forget about the dyno day on the 5th march.

Guest Phillw454

Hi

Just got in and have to say today was amzing! great weather, great drive and nice people. Really couldnt of been better for me.

Pleasure to meet you all, sorry i will of forgot all your names by next time and the ones of you i didnt talk too, your the lucky few:p

However!! The meet has now caused a problem! After seeing Jay's carbon TRD spoiler and sorry clare i think it was? (the red supra) with no spoiler i know dont know which to go for! as both looked very cool and i feel like a change on my car :search:

Any recomendations would be handy:)

Oh and Paul, will clear front indicators fit straight on then?

Before today i was getting a tiny bit bored of the supe and looking for a new car but after today it really did convince me that i want to stay with it.

Really did enjoy today, and hope to see you all again soon:)

Sorry I peeled of after the pub deep in darkest Somerset somewhere (still no idea where the hell that was), but had a great day driving around and meeting new people. :)

Shame Cheddar was so busy, but it was still great driving slowly through the gorge with everyone staring at a great long chain of fine Jap machinery. :D

Phil - The TRD spoilers also in GRP with a Carbon centre blade. I think that it would look great on a white car. You'd need to get the GRP sides sprayed. I couldn't be arsed with mine, so went full carbon. I think it works OK with the dark green.

I think the front indicators need a wiring loom, but I think they just screw in ok.

Oh, and you've only just got it, so don't get rid yet!! :blink:

J

wtf... i went to toilet & heard everybody roar outta the boat house's car park lol i went around town a few times & in KFC & mucky D's but i never saw anybody so i went home instead :p

other than that it was great day will def do again :)

thanks to john (with green TT from bris) for helping with the window on mine & the other guy with that GTO (soz man didnt exchange names in case your reading this)

im not sure man i think ppl were getting tired as we did a lot of hard driving in places & touched on some speed as well :sly:

:lol: how we all never got busted by the 5.0 heading into cheddar amazes me or the fact that non of us hit each other up the arse when we all jammed the brakes on as how many was there on that bend in lay by?

Must have been an awesome noise for them though? 10 or so supras, and I must admit a rather nice GTO, ripping down the road :D

It would of been nice to be one of the people standing there at the gorge and listening.

when is the next one? i hope by the time it rolls around i will have done a few tiny little mods to mine :sly:

Normally go for a spin of sundays. Just keep an eye out in the south west section on here.

nice as i was lazy & also more to the point forgot to bring my digi camera :rolleyes: next sunday? i dont think i will have time to get any mods done by then as i aint earnt no money spend loads but not earnt much :(

dude the next time we stop for food can we please not make it in that rank pizza hut place? the was food was utter crap & i had to buy a Chinese before i left WSM :cool:

i managed to sneak around all the 5.0 that was lurking in town after everybody deserted me from the summer house pub :lol:

note to self... dont use toilet when in group :p

Phillw454

Yeah it you got it right with the red supra being claire (my mrs) The supra does look very nice without a spoiler. If you go for that option on your white one you will have to let me have a look as ive often thought about it for mine. And how can you ever get bored with the supra its only limited to your wallet. Or in my case credit card

Guest Phillw454

:rlol:

Yeh my wallet does seem to hate my car!

Do you know who took the spoiler of it? as i had a look and it looked a great job, as all the holes got to be filled and sprayed yeah?

Oh and the install looked geat:)

If i do get it done il drop by and let you see, as im not sure it would look right and how it would handle but looked very nice and seemed to handle ok too. Or that might of been your mrs's driving that i kept hearing about all night:D

But now i want a TT:( if anyone feels like px ing a TT for a NA let me know:d

:rlol:

Yeh my wallet does seem to hate my car!

Do you know who took the spoiler of it? as i had a look and it looked a great job, as all the holes got to be filled and sprayed yeah?

Oh and the install looked geat:)

If i do get it done il drop by and let you see, as im not sure it would look right and how it would handle but looked very nice and seemed to handle ok too. Or that might of been your mrs's driving that i kept hearing about all night:D

But now i want a TT:( if anyone feels like px ing a TT for a NA let me know:d

The spoiler wasnt on there when i bought it but i believe that not all supras came with rear spoilers. As for handling, it doesnt make any difference but its got tein coilovers that help as for her driving shes bloody nuts and well makes up for the lack of power in the n/a. If you ever see a red supra right up your ass pushing you along i bet it her.