The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car

Paul Laing

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Keith, you just got lucky and spotted cheap ones, how hard are 6 speeds to fine......

What made mine not perfect condition in your eyes? Theres no marks on the outside at all, the wheels are perfect condition also, no marks on the inside either, so how do you think this? I know where not best mates on here but it seems like your making things up now, everyone who's seen the car will tell you theres not a mark on it.

The headlamps were the only thing to let it down when I saw it pre-TOTB, you've sorted those now though haven't you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Peter, apparently if you have a single turbo conversion, you won't go through the emissions, so you need to fiddle that!

Paul

I've got no idea where that came from. Just bolt on the second cat, or don't remove it in the first place.... It'll fly through the MOT.

Now, getting a heavily modified one in from Japan, and trying to get it through the SVA is a different kettle of fish, but not immpossible. - Perhaps that's what you mean. :conf:

Ian, i might have asked that question, really meaning which ones which, number 1 and number 2.....but if thats the only thing you have to say, why bother? Run a better time at the track will you! 13 seconds!!! mmmmmm ;) :p

I'm sorry, you seem to have taken that rather personally. Are you saying that every punter that looks at a Supra knows it's got two sequential turbos? I stand by my comment, most won't have a clue. What would interest them is a history of poorly repaired holed sumps, pulling brakes, vibrating wheels, studs done up so far beyond torque specs they snap, a badly-bled brake system, the car being worked on by people obviously not up to the job, and with all of that factored in, it being thrashed everywhere. And that's just the stuff we know about. Oh, yeah, and the rattley actuator (although that must have fixed itself as I believe when someone rooted out a spare one for you, cleaned it up, and packaged it, and you had promised you wanted it, you then simply stopped responding to PMs etc, or at least that's what I hear...)

I'd pay 4k for a car like that if I had a spare engine lined up.

Yeah, I will run a better time at the track. I'll fix the ignition problem, by myself, with the help of mechanically minded friends on this board, and map it, by myself, and up the boost and drive it. Hopefully Dude can show me how to launch it and stuff. Or I could, say, extrapolate my 13.1 into a 12.4 in my head by pulling those figures out of my arse because I reckon it could do that on drag tyres and then claim I can do those times as gospel.

-Ian

Keith, you just got lucky and spotted cheap ones, how hard are 6 speeds to fine......

What made mine not perfect condition in your eyes? Theres no marks on the outside at all, the wheels are perfect condition also, no marks on the inside either, so how do you think this? I know where not best mates on here but it seems like your making things up now, everyone who's seen the car will tell you theres not a mark on it.

Maybe I have rose tinted glasses, maybe it's my dislike of Storm Blue, maybe it was dirty from a long drive, but it just didn't seem as 'clean' to me.

I didn't spend hours examining it, it was just a cursory look and the impression I got.

But even so, I got one at least as good, already modded, with a lower mileage for £12.5k two years ago. If I put mine up I'd ask maybe £12k, and expect £10-11k.

Originally posted by Ian C

I'm sorry, you seem to have taken that rather personally. Are you saying that every punter that looks at a Supra knows it's got two sequential turbos? I stand by my comment, most won't have a clue. What would interest them is a history of poorly repaired holed sumps, pulling brakes, vibrating wheels, studs done up so far beyond torque specs they snap, a badly-bled brake system, the car being worked on by people obviously not up to the job, and with all of that factored in, it being thrashed everywhere. And that's just the stuff we know about. Oh, yeah, and the rattley actuator (although that must have fixed itself as I believe when someone rooted out a spare one for you, cleaned it up, and packaged it, and you had promised you wanted it, you then simply stopped responding to PMs etc, or at least that's what I hear...)

I'd pay 4k for a car like that if I had a spare engine lined up.

Yeah, I will run a better time at the track. I'll fix the ignition problem, by myself, with the help of mechanically minded friends on this board, and map it, by myself, and up the boost and drive it. Hopefully Dude can show me how to launch it and stuff. Or I could, say, extrapolate my 13.1 into a 12.4 in my head by pulling those figures out of my arse because I reckon it could do that on drag tyres and then claim I can do those times as gospel.

-Ian

Touche, Ian!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian - you havn't got a clue about my car, the brakes are fine, all changed and working perfect thank you, the wheels don't rattle one bit! Neither does the steering wheel, the car wasn't dropped but was pierced by the mechanics by mistake at TOYOTA, repaired by highly skilled mechanics and for free, everything was free from them. I don't drive my car fast everywhere, do you follow me you idiot? I've oviously rattled you, i saw you and your car at TOTB and it not only run bad, but it looked terrible! Sorry but if you want to start a personal thing thats fine by me! It looked horrible, and the times, well need a saw anymore?

I actually thought the actuator you were selling was way overpriced and Matt has the same problem with his, or did before he went single. His rattled just like mine, yes one of your chums had the same problem. Speaking to Chris wilson he says it won't make any difference to the car.

Anything else you'd like to add, i think saying what you have on a forum is pathetic and i can't believe the mods have let it stay, unless there all together???

Next meetup Ian please come say hello it would be great to speak to you in person!

Keith i'm happy you found the Supras you did, well done! But if you look through many posts on here you'll see that loads of people say they can't find 6 speed UK specs, so maybe your just lucky in finding 2 at that price?

Why do you all have to get into a slagging match? Why can't you just give a quick answer and thats it, if you don't agree don't reply! Simple really, and to answer your question, the car hadn't been washed, had driven down to York and the car was basically filthy! Next time i'll have to wash it as you don't know who could be looking

Why can't you just give a quick answer and thats it, if you don't agree don't reply!

How can we agree/disagree with a QUESTION????:conf:

You came on here and asked a question of what people thought your car was worth.

People gave answers.

You didn't like said answers.

You got up the ar$e with anyone who thought your car wasn't worth what you thought it was worth.

You practically offered IanC a fight. (Not the first time you've made these sort of offers in the last few days, eh, Paul?)

You're 6'3".

IanC is 6'7".

You should get back in your box before you upset the wrong person.

I reckon your car is worth maybe 12k tops. Less if the buyer knows the things you've done to it. (Like the fact you ever went near it with a spanner!)

Nuff said.

Mate, i havn't asked anyone for a fight, i'd just prefer to chat in person to certain people, people who act like right, anyway!

Theres nothing wrong with my car at all, and you can even come up here and inspect my car if you wish! Everything i have done on this car i have done with my dad, and he knows a hell of a lot about cars mate, so don't even start with that!

Theres nothing wrong with the car one bit, when people say there is do you want me to just sit and take it? would you?

I don't think so, this place has changed.........

I was just thinking while reading this thread that this has been asked loads before and the person asking never seems to like the answers..;)

To be honest I probably wouldn't either but then I suppose the question is "Why ask?"

You can't ask a question and then get annoyed when people answer.:thumbs:

Just my 2p

I dunno why you bother asking Paul, its obvious everyones waiting to rip chunks outta you from everything you post up.

If you wanna sell it at 17 or 20k, its your car, you do what you want with it. If it sells it sells.

My own opinion is that because its realitively well modded, you're gonna squeeze out 'normal' buyers who dont want to pay through the roof for insurance for these mods or those who may appreciate a stock car for reliablilty.

BUT there are also people who want a car looking and performing just like yours, so you never know.

Rob.

Bobbeh, it seems that way for some reason, maybe i upset people because i say what i feel? I don't know.

Thanks for your comments Rob, posative comments or negative ones are fine, but it's when people are arsey and slag off your car, thats not on!

Paul