The mkiv Supra Owners Club

STU_3LTR_TT

As others have said you'll need to become a member to read the thread, if this is the same car I really encourage you to do so. If you make the payment via "Paid subscriptions" in UserCp you will be able to read the thread right away. If you can't pay right away send me a PM and I'll give you access to have a read this evening.

If it's the same car then the issue is very serious and I do not think it should be used on the road. Its a show car only.

I DEFINITELY agree on this one. structural rigidity is in question - not something to be messing around with.

P.s. Hats off to Homer for being so accommodating.

will get a structual report on it asap hopefully it won't be to bad & be able to get it sorted, if not it'll be an expencive garden ornament ha ha!

It won't be a case of being able to 'fix it', you can't. The chassis is different

If its the same car, then go back to the company that sold it and get your money back. Unless you agreed it was a chop job its been mis-sold.

if its bad news then thats exactly what i'll do, have paid membership but still unable to see/read for my self, thanks for all comments

I've not seen anything come into the club mailbox, but due to the circumstances have given you 24 hours access to the members section.

I really hope we are all talking about a different car mate for your sake. We are a friendly bunch and none of us likes to see a fellow owner (or anyone) get so blatently ripped off, especially when we are talking about large amounts of money. I'm also sorry that your first experience of the club may have been a negative one. If you need more info or any help, we have plenty of people who would be happy to do what they can to help you out.

Let us know how you get on.

Lewis

I really hope we are all talking about a different car mate for your sake.
It's definitely the same car, even the mileage ties up

sorry that your first experience of the club may have been a negative one.
Yeah, I suppose it was. He needed to know about it though.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=87521&page=4&highlight=fortune

Don't know if this helps but this is the original thread that will shed a bit of light on what happened. Would I be right in assuming that this car has been purchased from Street Candy then?

Is so, I take it that he didn't advertise his knowledge of the arguments that had taken place with regard to the lack of extra chassis strengthening?

Surely that in itself means that the car has been sold illegally as it is not fit for purpose?

H.

LIVE BY MERRY HILL SHOPPING CENTRE,I'M NOT A BUY RACER,JUST WANTED TO OWN A SPECIAL CAR,STU.

I'm visiting Merry Hill pretty often, usually driving bus no. 260 :p If you can say where abouts you are, I can pop in one day to have a look on this one :)

Guest StevenSheen

Well Stu the car certainly looks stunning, lets hope the conversion was done well and the extra structual rigidity was added during the conversion and maybe it will be fine, just get it checked out...You certainly own a fine looking supra I can say that much for it!

Tnanks For All Your Comments,purchased Car Nowing It Had The Conversion To The Roof,car Has Been Checked Before Purchase,will Get My Own Done,payed By Street Candy,been Assured That Job Was Done Propley,as It Is A 1 Owner Car ,would Of Thought All Work Carried Out Was Done Profesionaly,as Vielside Did It,will Have To Make Your Own Minds Up ,if You See It,regards Stu.

Well Stu the car certainly looks stunning, lets hope the conversion was done well and the extra structual rigidity was added during the conversion and maybe it will be fine, just get it checked out...You certainly own a fine looking supra I can say that much for it!

I was thinking just that in the above quote .... Surely no idiot is going to cut the roof out of a car and not beef up the chassis structure ..... Would they ??

And hows it passed the SVA ?? or don't they go into this much detail ?

If the conversion was honestly done buy veilside surely they know what needed to be done to make this conversion possible .

It's definitely the same car, even the mileage ties up

Yeah, I suppose it was. He needed to know about it though.

Absolutely, I wasn't meaning that anyone had deliberately tried to make i crap for him, just a shame that what should have been a "how cool is my car" ended up being a kick in the balls for him.

• 1 month later...
Tnanks For All Your Comments,purchased Car Nowing It Had The Conversion To The Roof,car Has Been Checked Before Purchase,will Get My Own Done,payed By Street Candy,been Assured That Job Was Done Propley,as It Is A 1 Owner Car ,would Of Thought All Work Carried Out Was Done Profesionaly,as Vielside Did It,will Have To Make Your Own Minds Up ,if You See It,regards Stu.

How are you getting on with the car Stu? Did it pass the inspection OK?