The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on my car - yes, blooming induction kits!

Sheefa

Them maplins jobbies look ok , theres a maplins t the bottom of my street , I'll call in tomorrow and see how many they've got in stock

Cool. Just stick the readout on the dash and throw the wire into the engine bay and stick the sensor by the air filter air inlet & job's a good'un.

So did you bring intake temps down from 50c to 29c with a cold air feed and heat shield?

No the temps of 29C to 50C that i was referring to was with my home made shield, i brought this down to ambient temps by simply refitting the std air intake that sits on top of the fan shroud, the temp quoted are very accurate as i use a high quality gauge and thermocouple.

Still bloody confused as to what to do then. I'm on the Dragonball this year, god knows how many miles, and reliability will be paramount above performance and a fancy whoosh noise. :)

Measure the temperature. If its ambient or thereabouts then all is ok and stick with what you have :D Althought the Blitz doesn't filter very well. I have a new filter element you can have thats an oiled K&N type (Simota). Should fit:

Its diameter at the neck (where it clamps to the inlet pipe) is 150mm. Total height 170mm, diameter 195mm base & 120mm top. Cheap if you want it??

Nic,

Thanks for that matey. Can you get hold of Apexi or the Blitz Sonic Filters for a good price? ;)

Greg

Hi Greg

I can no longer order the Apexi filters, since Apexi Japan filed for bankruptcy, they have ceased trading. I'd recommend either the Blitz Sonic or Power Enterprise filters, I presume you just need the filter, not teh complete kit?

cheers