The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's and Women, do they mix?

Guest Wannabe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend hates the attention and the noise she also hates it when girls come over and talk to me ;)

are you a sex god? i only get spotty 12 year old boys come over to talk about the car at which the girlfreind thinks is funny.she is also totally indifferent to the car as she is to any nice car, begrudge fuelling up for her scince she described our previous mercedes e55 amg as "ok i suppose"

Guest Nicholas
are you a sex god? i only get spotty 12 year old boys come over to talk about the car at which the girlfreind thinks is funny.she is also totally indifferent to the car as she is to any nice car, begrudge fuelling up for her scince she described our previous mercedes e55 amg as "ok i suppose"

lol I wish matey, I often get asked for my number when im in the supra :) I'm a young looking 25 year old though ;)

lol I wish matey, I often get asked for my number when im in the supra :) I'm a young looking 25 year old though ;)

Nick if you don't like the attention you should stop driving by all the schools at dinner time :p

And my gf drives the supra quite a bit but still does not realise the meaning of RWD and the back end WILL step out. Its not happened to her but its been very close.. Pushing it when she shouldn't etc. I don't let her drive as much any more though.

FFS guys get a fucking grip. A TT isn't a Micra but that doesn't mean you need a pair of knackers and a todger to sit in the drivers seat, some people can drive, some do not have a clue regardless of gender and if you think otherwise it speaks volumes about you.

I even offered to put my wife on the insurance but she refuses to drive it. Not that I'm complaining; her old man used to rally over in NI years ago and taught her a few tricks, which she tends to display all the time in her rav4. Scary enough in that, daren't even contemplate the Supra!

She also complains of neck ache when I'm driving it :D But it's the only car she will fall asleep in, bizarrely.

My wife Vicki loved her NA and still says that it was her favourite car. She got on with it fine and loved the attention she got. Unfortunately we had to get rid of hers for practical reasons and now she has an Impreza that she really doesn't like. On the plus side she is getting a DC5 instead soon.

She refuses to drive my TT though, this is mainly down to the new clutch though and her not wanting to stall it :)

My wife Vicki loved her NA and still says that it was her favourite car. She got on with it fine and loved the attention she got. Unfortunately we had to get rid of hers for practical reasons and now she has an Impreza that she really doesn't like. On the plus side she is getting a DC5 instead soon.

She refuses to drive my TT though, this is mainly down to the new clutch though and her not wanting to stall it :)

Its true, I did love my NA and still miss her now. I dont think I will ever drive Marks TT. I did move it down the drive the other day which he made me do just so he could laugh if I stalled it! :rolleyes: I didnt stall it, but it did kangaroo a bit (stupid clutch!) :p

When we both earn more money and have finished expanding our family I will definately be getting another one! :D

So for now dear, your TT is safe! :)

FFS guys get a fucking grip. A TT isn't a Micra but that doesn't mean you need a pair of knackers and a todger to sit in the drivers seat, some people can drive, some do not have a clue regardless of gender and if you think otherwise it speaks volumes about you.

This man speaks sense. :)

I haven't got a problem with my girlfriend's driving. She's a good competent driver, has a relatively big car (Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 SRi), and hasn't had any accidents to my knowledge.

I just won't let her drive my car! ;)

Edit: She wasn't fussed about the Supra at first, but now she loves it.

I think it works both ways, a lot of a male friends are demanding a drive in it when it's finished- no way. One of them has a Viper and I still won't let him, it's not just to do with how well they drive there are so many other factors like what if something happened that wasn't their fault? ie someone hits them etc?

Their fault or not it would create a lot of bad feeling.

Some women might have issues with kurbs or whatever but at least they don't think that "being a good driver" means "how fast can I drive it everyday without dying" which seems to be some guys measure.

As for my other half driving it... if he wants to pay for the extra insurance then fine, but I'm not sure he wants to 'just in case'