noise polution on a public road? fu**ing neighbors

fat_controller

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where can you get these from? Because I’m in dyer need of one of those as my neighbours don’t seem to want to smile at me any more since I got my car apart from my next door neighbour who's been up for work on time every week day since december!:D

just give a few people a call from the traders section and tell them what exhaust you've got and i'm sure some1 will sought you out. try andy hannah at miami gt, i'll probably get mine from him as it''l be from the states so will be nice and quick

Sometimes you just cant please your neigbours no matter what you do.

I have neighbours who just think everyone should conform to their way of thinking and if you do anything that they dont agree with then there are very happy to let you know about it.

Plus its always the trivial stuff!

Eventually I wrote them a polite letter outlining some of the issues they have and said if they could come up with some sensible resolutions to their complaints then I would be more than happy to comply........of course they could not defend their insane behaviour and have heard nothing since!

Worth a try!

Ant, make peace with the neighbours. Your cars in a vunerable position where you park it and you dont want some w*nkers keying it or worse. Unfortunately your easy to pick on as you live there, their not going to run out into the street waving and cursing when something just as noisy goes racing past.

Dont let the turbo come on line for the last couple of min before you get home and there is no need to sit there with the car tickingover.

That's what we do in our other car (GTR) take it very easy for the last few miles home so lets the car wind down etc, we sometimes let it sit on the drive until the turbo timer cuts out but as Jamie P says there is no need if you take it easy that last few miles before home :)

Also, I now its wrong and you should be able to argue back but sometimes you have to bite your tongue with some people especially when you drive a car like yours as they may do damage to it if it is parked out on the street.

Someone has keyed my car on the passenger side back panel and I have never upset anyone or done anything to anyone so god knows who has done that and god knows why they have done that!!! BA**ARDS!

IMO it's always best to bend over backwards to avoid falling out with neighbours, evn if THEY are pretty unreasonable. I'd seriously think of putting a much quieter exhaust system on it. I have to admit I hate noisy road exhausts, so I am a bit biased, but if that's what it takes to keep the over breeding rabble quiet, so be it :)

I always cost the last two miles near home. Luckily, I'm not the loudest car in the village. I come some way behind the TVR, the Aston, the Exige, the Bentley, the two huge US trucks etc etc..

FWIW, anyone let their car cool down before bunging petrol in it?

I always cost the last two miles near home. Luckily, I'm not the loudest car in the village. I come some way behind the TVR, the Aston, the Exige, the Bentley, the two huge US trucks etc etc..

If i remember but, if i forget i leave it for about 30 secs before turning it off!

Also, I now its wrong and you should be able to argue back but sometimes you have to bite your tongue with some people especially when you drive a car like yours as they may do damage to it if it is parked out on the street.

i don't think they're the type of people to key or damage a car, i think the problem is that they've been there a while and obviously i've moved in, had a bit of loud work done on the house(driveway and alot of work in the garden), i've got a loud car and i'm alot better off than these people, i think they're a little jealous if anything, no one else has a problem with my car, even though they are all the same type of people who take pride in where they live, i do to, i try to keep my house looking nice and clean, i had the drive done mainly for appearance. my next door neighbor and the guy who owns the shop over the road love my car and say it sounds fantastic, they're always comeing out haveing a chat with me when i'm out cleaning it at the weekend.

the thing that makes me laugh the most is that her kids must be 13-15ish(two boys), as if they're gonna be in bed at ten o'clock at that age, i've seen them playing outside till 9 o'clock in the summer. i think i'll leave it for now and justify myself if they come out again, don't wanna go round there because i just know it'll all end in tears. i'll definatly be takeing it easy the last few miles to turn it straight off but that'll never be enough for these people, nothing will. i mean i use it in the week maybe twice, three times a month tops so they can't complain really, if i didn't have a company vehicle and had to use it for work that would be a problem as i have to leave at 5:30am and then drop my girlfriend to work at 10:00pm, imagine if i had to use it at them times.lol

oh well, cctv being installed very soon :D

:I'd suggest you go and see your neighbour, make an apology and explain the reasons why you were leaving it idling (perhaps that you didn't understand how to cool down the car), if they are in any way reasonable they should understand. Provided you let it cool off before pulling in there's no reason for leaving it idling for so long.

Sometimes eating a bit of humble pie is the best way to solve a dispute

Good advice there, plus if tell them what you're going to do from now on to help them some more, they'll see how nice you are and that you want to help them. Also apologise for moaning about her kids ( I f##kin hate the sound of kids playing:mad: ) and just say this is all part of modern life. Mums hate anyone who criticises their offspring so don't forget this bit.

yeah i bet you will, i might get another loan and get my self a tvr too :D have been thinking about choping in the supe for a t350 but just can't bring myself to do it.

lol don't do it. I am so close to ordering one of these exhausts but yesterday my brother fitted a Buddyclub system and I am very impressed with that. Still think I will go for the HKS though :)

...I start it and cruise away from the place immediately. After a drive, I make sure the last 2-3 miles are taken very slowly allowing everything to cool off so I can coast into my driveway and turn off straight away....

That's what I do as well.

It's all OAPs living around here, you can hear a pin drop before 10:00AM.

The catless supra sounds like a bazooka in the morning:innocent:

Why piss off the neighbours when it can be avoided? I wouldn't like someone doing it to me, so I won't do it to others

i don't think they're the type of people to key or damage a car, i think the problem is that they've been there a while and obviously i've moved in, had a bit of loud work done on the house(driveway and alot of work in the garden), i've got a loud car and i'm alot better off than these people, i think they're a little jealous if anything, no one else has a problem with my car, even though they are all the same type of people who take pride in where they live, i do to, i try to keep my house looking nice and clean, i had the drive done mainly for appearance. my next door neighbor and the guy who owns the shop over the road love my car and say it sounds fantastic, they're always comeing out haveing a chat with me when i'm out cleaning it at the weekend.

the thing that makes me laugh the most is that her kids must be 13-15ish(two boys), as if they're gonna be in bed at ten o'clock at that age, i've seen them playing outside till 9 o'clock in the summer. i think i'll leave it for now and justify myself if they come out again, don't wanna go round there because i just know it'll all end in tears. i'll definatly be takeing it easy the last few miles to turn it straight off but that'll never be enough for these people, nothing will. i mean i use it in the week maybe twice, three times a month tops so they can't complain really, if i didn't have a company vehicle and had to use it for work that would be a problem as i have to leave at 5:30am and then drop my girlfriend to work at 10:00pm, imagine if i had to use it at them times.lol

oh well, cctv being installed very soon :D

I no what you mean about jelousy. I have had an MR2 Turbo, Civic Type R and Accord Type R and my Supra to mention a few and my b/f has had a few Skyline's (GTR'S and GTS-T's) and Impreza etc (cars are our hobbie) and we are easy to get on with friendly people and we dont shove our cars in peoples faces but some people dont acknowledge us where we live :blink: or some people just stare :rolleyes: i have heard through other people that they ask where "young kids like us get the money from to have a nice house and cars like that" WE GRAFT FULLTIME IS THE ANSWER! (plus they aint that expensive!)

I no how you feel because things can be done or said just purely down to their jelousy. My answer to them is go and get a fu**cking Supra or Skyline etc if your that jelous and it bothers you that much. Anyway, my rant over :taped: :)

i think it is either a 95 or 100db limit which is why you don't want them coming out and looking at it, you'll get a nice fine for it.

Make peace is the way to go. You seem like a sensible and considerate chap so it would be a wrong to get done over this.

m.

just phoned enviromental help, there is no set limit apparently:d

your car is as loud as it is and thats that, as long as you don't rev it up or play loud music and are just parking the car without deliberatly trying to alarm or disturb anyone then it's ok, he said also that you can't leave it running for to long either:( but all in he said i wasn't breaking any laws:p

don't worry i'm not going to go round there and throw this in there face or anything, i just wanna know where i stand.

i'll try to be as quite as a mouse next time:innocent:

Bloody hell, which village do you live in ?

It's obviously a lot more well off than mine...

I no what you mean about jelousy. I have had an MR2 Turbo, Civic Type R and Accord Type R and my Supra to mention a few and my b/f has had a few Skyline's (GTR'S and GTS-T's) and Impreza etc (cars are our hobbie) and we are easy to get on with friendly people and we dont shove our cars in peoples faces but some people dont acknowledge us where we live :blink: or some people just stare :rolleyes: i have heard through other people that they ask where "young kids like us get the money from to have a nice house and cars like that" WE GRAFT FULLTIME IS THE ANSWER! (plus they aint that expensive!)

I no how you feel because things can be done or said just purely down to their jelousy. My answer to them is go and get a fu**cking Supra or Skyline etc if your that jelous and it bothers you that much. Anyway, my rant over :taped: :)

thats the most sense anyone has mad on the topic and thats exactly how i feel, i work a nine hour day with no lunch break and travel 2hours per day getting to work and back, perhaps he would prefer if i was a chavy on the doll scumbag claiming my benifits from the taxpayers money? can't win em all eh

Not convinced by the environmental peeps there but nice job. For a bike the exhaust has to have a british kite mark to be legal and under 100db.

Cars never had the kite mark rule because getting under them to find it is an issue and pc plod doesn't carry a noise meter! Environment bloke up here told me (while i was having my free emissions check) that environmental officers were to be issued with noise meters and be accompanied by ploice after lots of complaints about loud exhausts (there is a circuit all the chavs do each weekend and they aren't as considerate as you). Anything over the limit and deemed a menace would get a rectification order!

Hope you get it sorted with them ok though.

m.

I live on a street were all my neighbours are over 50-70. dont get me wrong, they'r all nice people but my next door neighbour is an idiot.

I get in my car about 7.45am and sit there for 2 Min's at the most with the engine ticking over. Just to let it warm up. Well he's been complaining that its to noisy because he sleeps downstairs on the sofa and he likes to sleep with a window open. What the bloody hell is he on.

I told him to shut his window and get a stair lift to get him to bed.:D

Not heard anything from him since.:D