The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Single project

johnd-mkiv

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally forgot your car was there. I would've taken a trip over there to have a look.

Its just the spare engine there at the mo being built up and when its all ready ill give them the car to do the swap. I had to go there yesterday to drop the last of the bits off. Its a nice drive up there too get to go on the a130 :eyebrows:

if you do get time to pop in and get me some more pics that would be great ;)

Impressive build list :)

Did you make that water neck mod yourself? Fancy making any more? :D

I a welder and fabricator by trade managed to do it in my spare time, I might be interested in doing the welding for you but cant be bothered with all the polishing to be honest

• 1 month later...

Few more pics of progress managed to get hold of some brembo calipers and a brand new pair of ebc grooved and dimpled disks, I have made up the brackets to mount the calipers, cant believe the size of them I hope it will stop better than the j specs:)

started work on the interior, got hold of a 3 guage glove box pod but had nothing to mount it to, so I have cut the origional glove box and moulded the backing shell to the new pod holder then smoothed and painted it matt black

I have fitted the twin guage pod to the a post and the glove box pod in and wired then all in looks the nuts at night

I needed somewhere for the boost controller, turbo timer and blitz performance meter to go so decided to make an ally tray to hold the lot and go in the spare din slot under the stereo

Jobs for this weekend will be to dye the carpet black, fit my new head unit and wire that lot up, fit my new carbon dash wire in the turbo timer and boost controller

Coming along nicely, i like the din box very neat idea.

What were the brembos from an Evo ?

What discs and pads did you use if you don't mind me asking and how hard was the brackets to make up, its just a route i am interested in going. :)

yes mate from an evo8 the discs are ebc not sure on what pads to go for still researching them, brackets were not to bad to do but I do it for a living so having all the tools to hand helped alot

you will have to machine collets up for the disks so they sit central on the hubs as the hole diameters are different

carpet is now black one of the best mods to be done on the interior has made a massive difference did not take to long to do and a cheap mod at that found a fiver under my seat too so im now loaded:)

my mums really happy with her new grass too :blahblah: :)

end result got my carbon dash kit in too