Single Quote

Glosphil

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose you could run a 0.01 bar WG spring :D

lol, if I understand how it works correctly, and how the boost controller raises the boost by tricking the WG, that could actually work, although probably not at all practical... lol

But maybe a solonoid to open the Wg permanently in 6th gear or something ? probably talking drivel as im no mechanic.

Care to send me a copy of one of those quotes ? detailed ? for info ?

Thanks

Send me a PM with your e-mail address (it's in excel format) and a detail description of what your goals are, and the current condition of your car, Try to be as specific as possible, and I'll send it right over. ;)

PHR Stage 1 Kit

Power Enterprise 800cc Injectors

Fuel Pulsation dampener removal pipe

Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with fitting kit

Walbro fuel pump

Front mount intercooler

HKS BOV (already got)

weld on flange

HKS Silent Hi-Power Exhaust

AEM ECU + Map Sensor + Air Temp Sensor

RPS Max Street Clutch

NGK Iridium plugs

Oil Cooler Kit

Greddt Profec B Spec 2 Boost Controller.

Good choice of parts Phil, I am using a number of PHR parts and they are very good quality :thumbs:

Which FMIC and oil cooler are you using?

The only things I would change, would be to fit PE 650cc injectors instead.

I would also go with one of the Blitz boost controllers instead; Dual SBC Spec R, SBC-ID III or SBC i-Color depending on your budget.

If I can help with any of the parts you need, just give me a shout.

Thanks guys for all your replies. I now have the second quote in, please compare with the first and give your opinions.

Powerhouse Racing Turbo Kit

Greddy Boost Controller

Greddy E-Manange

Injectors

Fuel Pump

Blitz Iridium Plugs

HKS Type-S Intercooler Kit

HKS Front Pipe

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

RPS Clutch

FP Refgulator

Fitted for 7035.90 inc VAT.

Cheers

Anyone comment on the second quote then ?

I've just spoken to Thor this afternoon too, they do a different turbo B4040 that a girl on here has had and raved about. But I cant find anyone else with one... comments on that too please, if there is anything bad to say, please PM, I dont want this to be another slanging match threat. Cheers guys, you've all been real helpful so far in this one. I'm nearly there :)

Stage 3 is hardcore. New internals first.

This is a good point, you should make sure your internals are in good nick, i know of someone who spent a lot on single installation then engine blew whilst mapping, if you can afford it i would go for a rebuild, arp studs etc etc at the same time then you are set for pretty much everything after that:)

Just been dribbling over the MVP website, and make this list up from whats been suggested so far.

RP MS-22170-SH 'RPS Stage 3 Clutch with Solid Hub for 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbo/ $683.31 $683.31

AEM 30-1100 AEM EMS (Engine Management System) for 1993-98 Supra TT/ $1,758.00 $1,758.00

AEM 30-2010 AEM Inlet Air Temperature Sensor Kit/ $52.00 $52.00

AEM 30-2112 AEM Map Sensor - 3.5 bar/ $147.00 $147.00

Bl MT3020 Blitz NUR Spec Exhaust for 1993-98 Supra - Cat Back - 100% Stainless Steel/ $689.95 $689.95

Gr 12010409 Greddy 3-Row Front Mount Intercooler Kit for 1993-98 Supra/ $1,469.00 $1,469.00

Gr 15500209/10 Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller/ $334.28 $334.28

NGK 3330 NGK Model 3330 Spark Plug for 1993-98 Supra/ $3.00 $18.00

PHR Stage 1 Fuel Powerhouse Racing Stage 1 Complete Fuel System for Single Turbo Supras/ $2,195.00 $2,195.00

PHR Stage 1 Turbo Powerhouse Racing Stage 1 Turbo Kit/ $4,995.00 $4,995.00

Total 12341.54 $ or £6596 which seems bloody cheap... How lond do these guys take to ship all this stuff ?

Is it hard to fit this stuff ? most Ive done before it brakes and induction kits lol. Gotta be worth buying and getting someone to fit it...

Just been dribbling over the MVP website, and make this list up from whats been suggested so far.

RP MS-22170-SH 'RPS Stage 3 Clutch with Solid Hub for 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbo/ $683.31 $683.31

AEM 30-1100 AEM EMS (Engine Management System) for 1993-98 Supra TT/ $1,758.00 $1,758.00

AEM 30-2010 AEM Inlet Air Temperature Sensor Kit/ $52.00 $52.00

AEM 30-2112 AEM Map Sensor - 3.5 bar/ $147.00 $147.00

Bl MT3020 Blitz NUR Spec Exhaust for 1993-98 Supra - Cat Back - 100% Stainless Steel/ $689.95 $689.95

Gr 12010409 Greddy 3-Row Front Mount Intercooler Kit for 1993-98 Supra/ $1,469.00 $1,469.00

Gr 15500209/10 Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller/ $334.28 $334.28

NGK 3330 NGK Model 3330 Spark Plug for 1993-98 Supra/ $3.00 $18.00

PHR Stage 1 Fuel Powerhouse Racing Stage 1 Complete Fuel System for Single Turbo Supras/ $2,195.00 $2,195.00

PHR Stage 1 Turbo Powerhouse Racing Stage 1 Turbo Kit/ $4,995.00 $4,995.00

Total 12341.54 $ or £6596 which seems bloody cheap... How lond do these guys take to ship all this stuff ?

Is it hard to fit this stuff ? most Ive done before it brakes and induction kits lol. Gotta be worth buying and getting someone to fit it...

This is exactly what you should do..... buy it this way and have it fitted by the tuner of your choice

The kit from the states *should* be subject to import tax and VAT so make an allowance for that.

Fitting wise, it's hardly rocket science provided you have the right tools and a decent place to get under the car. However if problems occur with parts you will need to be prepared. With that level of upgrade in one go make sure you are not reliant on the car running (i.e. have a 2nd car) and be prepared to think your way round problems.

How confident are you with wiring and basic spanner work (fuel lines, manifolds, pipework, soldering, etc)? If you want a look at whats involved see one of the single build up threads (TLicense's, or mine have lots of pics and descriptions)

BTW, the items you quoted will make a superb, usable, small single conversion

The list is missing some items , i would suggest you get a tuning company to provide you a full kit to produce XXhp and for them to tune it for this . i would not do it this way , i would get them to look at the car before you go any further . remember yo have to look at

1:tyres

2:suspension

3:brakes

4:cooling

5:mapping

Shipping all of this from the US , you will be hit with v.a.t and high delivery cost , talk to dusty and get him to recommend xxhp setup. If you buy from the UK , then you give the responsibility of the tuner to sort out part problems etc ... less headach .

Im near completion on my phr stage on kit mate, and heres a list of prices of what everything cost me, but, i went for alot of 2nd hand, but excellent condition, bits. So you can probably double the total price if it was all new. Its cost me alot more than i thought it would..

phr stage one turbo, manifold, intake pipe+filter £650

Hks 50mm wategate - £200

Greddy 3Row intercooler - £300

Supra Intercooler Piping and various hoses - £300

Hks fuel rail and 850cc injectors - £250

Greddy Fcd - £50

Map Ecu and harness - £400

Phr 3" down and mid pipe - £450

Turbo oil feed and return pipes £100

Fpr - £100

Fuel line + bits - £60

Uprated front disks £300

New pads - £100

Aem wideband guage and sensor - £160

Greddy Blow off and flange - £100

Plugs - £13

Gab Coilovers - £200

275's (tyres) - £250

Rps clutch and flywheel - £600 (yet to get)

Obviously theres things ive bought to upgrade mine which you dont need, brakes, coilovers, tyres etc, but ive done them all too as i dont want any weak points in my car.

Plus ive done all the labour myself so ive saved myself a grand there :D

All ive really got to pay for now, except for the clutch is the mapping, but i have a local garage with a rolling road, and cheap prices so i'll do that there, but expecting about £100-£200 outlay to get the map perfect.

Powerhouse Racing Turbo Kit

Greddy Boost Controller

Greddy E-Manange

Injectors

Fuel Pump

Blitz Iridium Plugs

HKS Type-S Intercooler Kit

HKS Front Pipe

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

RPS Clutch

FP Refgulator

It's a bit difficult to comment on this list, as some of the brands/model names are missing.

What injectors and how big?

Which fuel pump and FPR?

Greddy Emanage

I would suggest going with the Emanage Ultimate instead. This would be the list of parts you would need:

15500501 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate

15901500 GREDDY E-Manage Ultimate Harness Kit

16401301 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor

16401406 GREDDY E-Manage Pressure Sensor Harness

What is the HKS Front Pipe? Are these the additional hardpipes needed for the Type S intercooler?

All the other parts would be fine.

There is a thread here which details the kit I put together for my own car, which may be of some help. It includes a number of PHR parts (downpipe, mid pipe, dump pipe, induction kit). I went with the Garrett GT35R, which is a similar size to the PHR stage 1, but is double ball bearing turbo, so should give slightly quicker spool up.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=90717

Speak to Jarrett at PHR, he is very helpful and will be able to recommend a set up for your needs. The parts I ordered from PHR took around 10 days from US to HK after placing the order.

Hey Guys,

I see that you have been discusing about our Turbo Kits and Fuel Systems. We do have the best kits out that there that money can buy for the Supra! If you want respect and satisfaction with what is best for your money then talk to PHR. We take pride in our kits by putting every kit together by hand and making sure everything is perfect and complete to our specifications! We have key items in our kits that make ours the best with quality in PHR's name. We offer great deals on Turbo kits and Fuel Systems to fit what you can afford. Also I see some confusion amoung our stage 1-3 Turbo kits, I will recommend the Stage 1 for the quickest spool with low horsepower or for a good mid-range turbo it would be the Stage 2+ it has a GT67 and has full boost @ 4500RPM's running at about 32psi and can still be run on the stock motor. We do recommend HKS 264 or 272 lift Cams.The Stage 2+ is our most popular Turbo kit that we sell. We are quick getting everything together for you and get it out as cheap as we can dealing with UPS and Bax Global. If you need any help just email me and I'll do my best to guide you in the proper direction for your needs.

Cheers,

Joe

Any way you can post them out so they dont incur duty and vat ?

Like stick an invoice saying FOC non functional sample on the box or something

Some people package the stuff in wrapping paper or something like that. It then looks like a gift so wont get taxed - at least I think so.

It's kinda hit and miss anyway I think - some parcels get taxed and some don't. I had a Blitz Dual BC off Nic which came from Hk - that never had any import tax added.

Any way you can post them out so they dont incur duty and vat ?

Like stick an invoice saying FOC non functional sample on the box or something

What we do for all international customers to make it easier on them and save them lots of money is we make customs 10% of the value of your purchase. Like I said we do all that we can to help you!

cheers,

Joe