The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm thinking of buying my first Supra!!

Guest NE1L

TBH fuel costs are the least of your worries.

When it was new, in the UK, a Supra was a £40k car with £40k car running costs. The purchase price has dropped like a stone, but the spare parts remain at their previous levels :(

I'm not trying to be flash here, but if you've really got to ask, you probably can't afford to run one. Sure you'll probably afford the 18 or so mpg, but when parts need replacing you'll really know what running a performance car is all about :(

If you're actually doing a high mileage, then unless you're in a very well paid job, a Supra probably isn't the best choice for a daily driver.

Just a quick calculation on your figures, (using 18 mpg and fuel at £0.95 /litre) shows that out of your 40p per mile allowance, virtually 24p of that will go on petrol. By the time you've taken Insurance, Tax, MoT and servicing costs into account, you're going to be subsidising your company for every mile that you drive :(

Hi,

I've just joined your superb forum as I am thinking of buying my first Supra (MKiv) soon :D !

Anyway. My main question that I need to know is what sorta mpg are you guys getting from both a non-turbo and turbo Supra say around about the 1993-1996 age group?

I ask as I will use the car for work and do a lot of miles. I get paid 40p per mile to use my own car but is this gonna cover the true cost of running a 3ltr car let along a twin turbo 3ltr car?

I would really really really love a Supra but if, in the worst case scenario, I had to get a car that is a bit more economical then I'd be forced to go for an FTO (1.8ltr) and I don't really want to do that!

I drive a 1.9Dci Laguna at the moment so I know that I am gonna feel the pinch regards fuel economy but how much. Will I be bnkrupt this time next year hehe!!

Thanks in advance guys!

Don't think about it,just do it!

With my n/a i'm currently on 265 miles to a full tank red light has just come on... but to be fair i can safely say i have had a bit of fun using my right foot this week lol.... Thing is you don't buy a supra if your worried about fuel :) Oh and i do 200+ miles a week and use my n/a as a daily driver :)

Ive used mine as a company paid 40p a mile vehicle and didn't find it too bad I did alot of motorway miles and at a steady cruise of 65/70 got into the early 30's mpg.

I do use Tesco's 99 which in these parts is around 88p ltr.

But, as has been said wear a lead boot and that mpg is rather shocking - but alot of, no I will go as far to say massive fun.

Find a nice one and you will not regret your purchase, where else can you buy a 10yr old 45grands worth (when new) 320bhp+ of elegent sports car for a very modest 10 to 15k?

I drive my car every day and every day I enjoy it more and more...