The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Vs EVO MR FQ400

Suprash

Low down torque isn't as good as sequential, it's mid range where there is an improvement.

Speak to nic, he has a dyno plot to prove what i have just said.

I said 'lower'.....not low..... ;) :D

What figure did you make on the dyno @ 1.2, have you not got the dyno sheet then....?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said 'lower'.....not low..... ;) :D

What figure did you make on the dyno @ 1.2, have you not got the dyno sheet then....?

It's been misplaced, im gonna take another trip down there and get another one done so i can compare it to the T67 single install that Michel will be doing.

It made 353 ATW at 1.2Bar.

It's been misplaced, im gonna take another trip down there and get another one done so i can compare it to the T67 single install that Michel will be doing.

It made 353 ATW at 1.2Bar.

Yeah know what you mean, I need to get these hybrids on a dyno now to check the're kicking out the same..... ;)

Why do you want to compare.........?

Yeah know what you mean, I need to get these hybrids on a dyno now to check the're kicking out the same..... ;)

Why do you want to compare.........?

Spool time tbh, i know there meant to be pretty laggy, just want a comparison, it may help others to decide if it's for them or not bud.

Suprash, you have hybrids, why dont you just drop in 550's and take it to 1.3 bar?

My other car which I replaced with the Supra was a Rover coupe 220 turbo.

I forged the engine, added large turbo,intercooler, Omex ECU, 8-injector setup etc.

I ran 400BHP on the local rollers at 24psi.

I only run 350bhp on the road but the car weighed 1200kg,s so went pretty well.

I was never really into 1/4 mile racing etc so never got to see timed runs but I know it was in the high 12,s.

You can kind of understand why I need to go BPU in the Supra real soon as it doesnt quite match the straightline accelration of my previous motor.

Carl

Spool time tbh, i know there meant to be pretty laggy, just want a comparison, it may help others to decide if it's for them or not bud.

Suprash, you have hybrids, why dont you just drop in 550's and take it to 1.3 bar?

Im planning to mate, just money and life keep getting in the way.....;)

Yeah on 1 turbo in 3rd at 1800-2000revs he will kill you, he killed me until no2 came online, and then up to 80/100mph while on both turbos I was holding him level, so this ties in with what your saying so far right.......

if you're gonna have a play, ffs make sure you are in the right gear lol :p

I'd reckon a decent BPU could hold it's own against any evo on the move and kill it at high speeds,

but saying he was quicker while he was clearly thrashing the life of his car and you are driving like miss daisy waiting for the second turbo to kick in is hardly conclusive evidence lol

ok so I'm being a bit cheeky, but remember regardless of what you drive, if someone gets a jump on you while you are caught napping it takes a large difference in power/performance to make that back up on a short blast say just up to a puney 100mph

best advice, don't get caught napping, either be ready and play properly or don't try at all otherwise you're only going to let yourself down

• 7 months later...

Come up against a Red one on the A470 near Merthyr today.

I think it was a 340MR.

Was two people in the EVO and just me in the Soop.

He joined at a roundabout and I thought he may go for it. I joined the RB after him and moved into the fast lane the other side of the RB.

I saw some black smoke out of his exhaust just as I put my foot down to pass him.

Anyways, manage to pass him and start gaining speed. Got up to 140 leptons before having to brake for cars in front. However from my glances in the mirror he seemed to be stuck on my ass.

Now I know I cant judge the distances behind that well, as the misses in the megane I dont think looses ground as fast as i'd like, but when we get home the misses said I flew away from her.

All in all, not sure about it but it was defo looking like he was keeping with me.

Very shocked really especially when there were two people in the EVO and just me in mine.

http://www.car13.net/car_vidsupra.shtml

That is a 280bhp MR2 vs a 425bhp supra. Granted the supra driver doesn't seem to be too hot but it just shows that power isn't everything.

Scott =op

"Granted the supra driver doesn't seem to be too hot" - you're not wrong there.

a 425bhp supra could only manage a 13.7 @ 105mph !?! he should be ashamed of himself - most can manage better times in a standard spec supra.

that MR2 done alright though.