The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring

wile e coyote

While we are on this subject does anyone know what a stock supra will do timewise at the ring with a pro driver as we are having this discussion on another board i'm on at the moment.

While we are on this subject does anyone know what a stock supra will do timewise at the ring with a pro driver as we are having this discussion on another board i'm on at the moment.

My stock TT6 was lapping in the high 9s on my first & only visit with me short-shifting and generally driving only as fast as I could see. Aron (AJI) laps his BPU in about 8:30s, but he's been a few times. I'd suspect a pro driver in a stock car on a CLEAR track to lap in the low 8 mins. Pure guess though.

What will he use to pull it? His brother's Rex? :D

Can't wait for this. I've even stepped away from the Dragonball trip so I've got more pennies for track time (and beer lol)

Steve,

Martyn will be using a Freelander.

There is a thread some where about a big supra doing an 8.10

I would agree and guess that a supra would do around 8 mins in the hands of a pro driver, as a gage a civic type r and teg type r with pro driver do 8.33 and a e46 m3 does 8.22.

sorry for the slight thread hi jack

Guest George Bolton

sorry Tom hav,nt been on that thread for a while, I am interested in any thread that has Nurburg in it.

We go to the ring about 5/6 times a year but also this year we are going on a trackday in july so we can put slicks on, and have the benifit of the straight past the public entrance so should be going under the bridge at about 160, should get well below 8 minutes we will post the video if we manage it:Pling: :Pling:

George

Yeah a Supra on slicks will definitely do a sub-8min without too much effort.

I've done a 08:30 on Eagle F1s and that is with traffic and the fact that you have to only drive 9 tenths to allow for that safety and unforseen factor. ;)

A dedicated trackday generally means you have much faster traffic that doesn't get in your way, and the grip limit on slicks will more or less mean you won't need to brake for most of the corners !! :) (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean)

I'll also be there 2 or 3 times this year.... on my 3rd visit (in August) I'm off to watch the German WRC on the Friday/Saturday.... followed by a full day on the N'ring on the sunday followed by a full trackday at Spa Francorchamps.... what a weekend that is going to be !!

sorry Tom hav,nt been on that thread for a while, I am interested in any thread that has Nurburg in it.

We go to the ring about 5/6 times a year but also this year we are going on a trackday in july so we can put slicks on, and have the benifit of the straight past the public entrance so should be going under the bridge at about 160, should get well below 8 minutes we will post the video if we manage it:Pling: :Pling:

George

George, when in july?, will you be there when we are?

Guest George Bolton

am going on the rma 2 days sat/sun 21/22 july same weekend as the FI

rma hires the nordschleife for those 2 days we get to watch F1 as well, thats 2 weeks after you go, so wont see you but from March onwards I try to get down there at least once a month through to october so plenty of time to meet up, trouble is with work commitment it tends to be a last minute decision with me

if you want good cheap accomadation try http://www.slidersguesthouse.com. Brendan was the biker who followed the Supra, mention my name.

am going on the rma 2 days sat/sun 21/22 july same weekend as the FI

rma hires the nordschleife for those 2 days we get to watch F1 as well, thats 2 weeks after you go, so wont see you but from March onwards I try to get down there at least once a month through to october so plenty of time to meet up, trouble is with work commitment it tends to be a last minute decision with me

if you want good cheap accomadation try http://www.slidersguesthouse.com. Brendan was the biker who followed the Supra, mention my name.

Cheers George, will do;)

I'll also be there 2 or 3 times this year.... on my 3rd visit (in August) I'm off to watch the German WRC on the Friday/Saturday.... followed by a full day on the N'ring on the sunday followed by a full trackday at Spa Francorchamps.... what a weekend that is going to be !!

That sounds awesome :) At least with your visit we'll know you'll be making the most of the track.

That sounds awesome :) At least with your visit we'll know you'll be making the most of the track.

Bob, WTF is that supposed to mean? Cheeky C*** :blink: :p

2 of my mates had crashes last year for putting it about, and the Aristo was plenty of fun too. Just cos we don't go 3 times a year cos we are not millionaires!!

:lol: That wasnt directed at you Tom ;) I know that with Martyn and Rob you'll be kept on your toes and maybe into the barriers :D

I know !! ;)

you should come this year, we are sorting out accomodation etc as we speak. I have provisionally put the Aristo up for sale with a view to taking some thing else. So watch this space. I just noticed Dangerous Brain watching this thread as well!!:blink:

Hey just cos i am about don't mean I am back in the club... Well I'll see some of you guys in a fortnight or so at donington :D If anybody wants to travel over here and stay the night in Holland before moving on the 3 hours to the ring please feel free to get in touch. I am looking at trying out spa,and the ring this side of the channel this year. Iam tempted to try for silverstone on the trax event as well as castle donington. My car is looking more and more like a jap setup track beast

Thats sounds ace Aron :)

The Toyota guys have announced 23rd May to 29th May but don't seem awfully sure yet, so will probably end up on a Supra arranged one this year!

Gaz.