The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boxhill meet 3rd March

Gaz

im coming but not taking my supra as needs mot,tax and ins...its just sitting in my gararge :( going with my other half mr2 turb

1. jamiep

2. supra matt

3. Lui

4. Gamer

5. mr lover

6. Feakins buddy (MR2)

7. Blitz supra

8. Garfy

9. Daman

10. sim

11. SupasupraGZ

12. edwardjmason

13. GirlRacer!

14. Adam (looks like he got missed out after his post!)

15. EncoreWRC

16. Laz & KatieC

17. IDO

18. Gatos & Soo

19. Mr T

20. Dave F

21. 2JG

22. charlton

23. MARKRZS

24. K14 SUP

25. mplavery

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd imagine that Sean1933 and I will be using the A24 at some point on the way there, so maybe we could meet up. Have no idea where tho. I'll have to have a look at my map!

I would have thought that we will join the A24 near Findon Village and then just follow it all the way there. It's dead easy to get to.

What we could do is meet at one of the roundabouts near Rookwood Golf Course, which is along the A24. I know there is a layby near by with room for about 6/7 cars. Thats if there are lorries there.

Will chat to Matt and see what he wants to do about leaving time.

Will get back to you.

Sounds good to me, and I know where you mean too! We're planning on leaving around 8.30 from Eastbourne, so should be there about an hour I'd thought.

I haven't played golf there (Rookwood) for years. Nice course too.

8:30!? Are you joining the convoy down the M25 then or are you planning on going straight to Boxhill?

Ah, so what time you planning on getting there? I don't mind a lay-in on saturday morning at all. I was told it started around 10, and if you want a decent parking place its best to get there early. As I've never been there before I don't know nuffink, sorry :)

Edit: We're planning on going straight to Boxhill.

Good point about parking. Well I reckon it woud take us about 30min maybe 45 min at the most depending on traffic from the layby on the A24. It's mostly single lane twisty roads from there on so we can't exactly boot it along.

So thinking about it, if we were to get there for 10-10:30 then you leaving at 8:30ish makes sense, meet between 9:30-9:45. I'll find out if Matt can still make this as he's having problems with his car and see if K14 SUP is going to join us. See what time they had in mind.

What time is Lui's convoy leaving?

Not sure if i will be able or can make it, but i'll give you all hope :D

Do i have to wash the car though :(

1. jamiep

2. supra matt

3. Lui

4. Gamer

5. mr lover

6. Feakins buddy (MR2)

7. Blitz supra

8. Garfy

9. Daman

10. sim

11. SupasupraGZ

12. edwardjmason

13. GirlRacer!

14. Adam (looks like he got missed out after his post!)

15. EncoreWRC

16. Laz & KatieC

17. IDO

18. Gatos & Soo

19. Mr T

20. Dave F

21. 2JG

22. charlton

23. MARKRZS

24. K14 SUP

25. mplavery

26. Terribleturner

Not Lui's convoy..

but i think a few of us are heading in from clackets will probably be leaving our meting point around 10, so should be there between 10.35/11..

Ah ok, oops!

We'll try and time our little convoy for around that time then.

In my experience parking or the lack of is always an issue here.

The hotel is funny about its car park and cones it off, loads of people are forced to park along the side road. If you are lucky the inner grass area is opened up but this is not ideal for the low riders etc..........

Not trying to put a downer on events just making people aware that the chances of a convoy of say 5-6 arriving and just all parking up next to eachother is pretty much nil.........unless they are very early.........

Just had a natter with Laz & KatieC and we are going to drop out of the Boxhill bit and head straight to the Fairmile...:)

Forcast is crap, and one and a half hours blast followed by two hours stood in a wet, cold car park (even with your delightful company) does not appeal :(

See you at the Fairmile.... I'll keep a seat warm for you...:D

Gatso n Soo / Lazarus n KatieC.

Does anyone have a postcode of the pub at Boxhill (I assume, I have not been before) that I can tap into my sat-nav ?

The meeting place at Boxhill is "Rykers cafe" carpark just of the duel-carriageway by a roundabout on the A24 between M25 & Dorking, RH5 6BY. at the bottom of the zig zag road, on map 1. (B2209) I would plan to get there between 10 & 11 for parking.

The plan is to then convoy to The Fairmile pub Cobham, KT11 1BW, A307 Portsmouth Rd, for lunch! Tables reserved as this is our monthly SEM meeting place which the date has just been moved to the first Sat of the month from 1pm.to hopefully attract more people. My view is we should start to depart around 1pm at boxhill to head for the Fairmile. The best way is to depart onto A24 towards M25, join M25 westbound (heathrow),Leave M25 at J10 & join A3 Northbound (London),Leave at first turn off onto A245 Cobham, Turn left at 2nd roundabout A307 Portsouth Rd. Fairmile pub, 1 Mile on left hand side. I hope this helps some of you injoy the day. Im sorry its a bit late coming

map 1.gif

map 2.gif

Good to meet you all. :thumbs: Everyone looks so much different in the flesh (apart from JamieP who just blocks out the sun!!) :D

Thankfully the weather held out and all the Supes looked spectacular (Joe, I want your car!!!!).

And on the way to Rykers I even managed a single carriageway double overtake round a bend uphill into the sun on one turbo (pipe to EGCV VSV had fallen off installing the silicone coolant pipes :blink: ).

Steve