The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used evo 8 brembo brakes

cleland

Chris we both know they will work alot better that jap brakes,

set up correctly.

dont be mistaken i have built alot of cars from imps to skylines.

I have been in game for 18yrs and wouldnt do anything i wasnt sure about.

I know but I think he was referring to the 'not the driven wheels' comment, which I have to say had me frowning a bit. When braking all the weight goes to the front obviously - the front brakes have a hell of a lot more work to do than the rear, so the fact that the fronts aren't the driven wheels doesn't really mean the front calipers have an easier job does it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know but I think he was referring to the 'not the driven wheels' comment, which I have to say had me frowning a bit. When braking all the weight goes to the front obviously - the front brakes have a hell of a lot more work to do than the rear, so the fact that the fronts aren't the driven wheels doesn't really mean the front calipers have an easier job does it.

No they dont but its just another cosideration factor in what does and doesnt matter, I toatally understand weights and bias its not f1 and i am 100% they will do the job.

I tryed to explain without sounding clever as some people are not engineers, theres lots i dont know but i have exellent help.

No they dont but its just another cosideration factor in what does and doesnt matter, I toatally understand weights and bias its not f1 and i am 100% they will do the job.

I tryed to explain without sounding clever as some people are not engineers, theres lots i dont know but i have exellent help.

Sure. I didn't want to sound clever either, 'cause I'm not :)

Hi mark, ive had the fronts on a few weeks, ive just picked the rear brembos up today so i will have a look this weekend. I will pm you and send the drawings asap, mark said you may be able to get the blocks done.

I was out in the car earlier the brakes are spot on now.

nice one mate - im pritty sure I can get the blocks done - I did take lots of measurments from my own car when I altered my discs just incase you guys called me at some point . I hope its going well for mark down there.

Let me know mate - thanks

I just got granted the hobby licence on here too :) :)