The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude's 10 second run - The Video !

Jake

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, good to see some Supes challenging the top times now. How much would you say yours cost to get those times in comparrison to say the CRD Supra (I think....) or that Supra that ran a 9.9 a couple of weeks back, obviously those have been built in Japan, some having huge amoutns of work done, where as you in comparisson are a small mechanic (you a short... :D) to these companies, that may have only done half the work they have had to do......

Thoughts.......:innocent:

Also what happened to that race was you was going to have with that bloke around your way.........dont tell me I missed it ?

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Dude, good to see some Supes challenging the top times now. How much would you say yours cost to get those times in comparrison to say the CRD Supra (I think....) or that Supra that ran a 9.9 a couple of weeks back, obviously those have been built in Japan, some having huge amoutns of work done, where as you in comparisson are a small mechanic (you a short... :D) to these companies, that may have only done half the work they have had to do......

Thoughts.......:innocent:

Also what happened to that race was you was going to have with that bloke around your way.........dont tell me I missed it ?

Ash it wont take too much to get the times down , a new stall converter and some decent fuel/boost should see it dip below 10.50's maybe more , if this is so i have a trick up my sleeve , id like to get very low 10's without N2O .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Timwildman

Must say top run.

I like the avtur, not many people can have one like that!

Thanks Tim , too many numbers on it for my likeing im sure 9.89 would look better !!!:D

Hey John, congrats for the run, I was on the hill watching when you ran, I was well chuffed for you. May the future bring you many more 10 sec passes :)

Leons sounded rough as it went by in comparison, Pauls was looking great as usual too. Very cool event. That Fensport corolla was great too.

Originally posted by Bobbeh

You just have to look at all the cars in the US to see that the spoiler is irrelevant to times.

true was just looking for that extra bit, surely it got to slow u down a bit though!!!it has too,wind resistance and all, like apparently a polished car,is alot more aerodynamic then a car unpolished and dirty. (makes sense) and in normal 'real world' makes minimal difference but on the drag ur after 100'th of a second, everything helps!

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

true was just looking for that extra bit, surely it got to slow u down a bit though!!!it has too,wind resistance and all, like apparently a polished car,is alot more aerodynamic then a car unpolished and dirty. (makes sense) and in normal 'real world' makes minimal difference but on the drag ur after 100'th of a second, everything helps!

you clutching at straws now.

maybe best not to eat anything on race day or have sex night before. maybe get a shave, empty ashtray

hehehe

Originally posted by whitesupraboy2

Re the smooth being aerodynamic , not really true !!!! Think golf ball ;)

Originally posted by BigSly

I thought the CRD car has had a lot of development work in the UK to get it under 10 seconds?? Does this not qualify it for a UK car then?

Stu

CRD have taken a high 10s car and done a lot of work to bring it to a sub 10sec car but it was built up in Japan. Dudes was built solely in the UK from scratch.

To be honest I dont think it matters much, both cars are damn quick, the CRD supra was built for drag racing and so will probably be the quickest at TOTB3, Dudes is an all round car (like Rocket Ronnies) and so will put in fast times across the board at TOTB3.

Lets not get in to a bunfight about UK built cars, that discussion always gets heated on other boards. Lets just be pleased they are all running for http://www.mkivsupra.net .

JB