The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude's 10 second run - The Video !

Jake

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BigSly

Also just because other peeps with fast cars dont come onto the forum's (like rocket ronnie, rk tuning etc!) it does not mean that they are not out there! As i know of other supra's in the UK that have ran 10's and are UK built but they dont come onto the various forums...

Stu

We've all heard that before. Secret mega-fast cars blah-blah-blah. When it comes to crunch time, nothing is heard of them. Lots of BS, no times or dynos. Of course the UK is brimming with 10 and 9 second Supras we don't now about. Funny that.

Dude ran that time in front of people, no rumours no BS. Didn't you run a 9sec 1/4 in your Skyline? Rumours are nice, but facts are better.

Originally posted by Syed Shah

We've all heard that before. Secret mega-fast cars blah-blah-blah. When it comes to crunch time, nothing is heard of them. Lots of BS, no times or dynos. Of course the UK is brimming with 10 and 9 second Supras we don't now about. Funny that.

Dude ran that time in front of people, no rumours no BS. Didn't you run a 9sec 1/4 in your Skyline? Rumours are nice, but facts are better.

Dont beat about the bush mate, just come out and say what is you want to... ;)

Thats my point earlier about how Dudes car compares to the 'others' like the CRD one, they spend countless months/years on their cars, and money, yet dude has done it in just over a year (total time), or even less from when he started to pipe up about building such a car, and he went out there and has the slip to prove it, at least he didnt end up as the 'hairy paper weight' ;) :D.

Originally posted by Xantim

Dude you still havent answerd my question.........you running on street tires or slicks/drag radials?

But we still have the fastest supra in europ :flame Dev

you can see they are drag radials as the wheels are different. he uses stock wheels for drag radials and 5 spoke as everyday wheels

leon was on slicks

edited

whats with all the editing? looks like back peddling.

these cars that do 9 seconds in secret are BS if you had a 9 second car you would be shouting about it from the roof tops.

do you remember at york when someone said to you how fast is your car and you said pick any car here and i will beat it.

and you were running 11`s with t78 set up.

if someone runs a 9 at a track like santapod or elvington or avon park, it will be all over the forums before you get home.

you cant take it away from john doing all work on his car and building his own car. the CRD is impressive its an out and out drag car 1 seat, slicks. think people will warm towards a uk car as its possible for good times here too.

its starting to get better over here for supras with a few putting singles on. so lets see how it goes

I take nothing away from john's time and think he has done very well indeed tbh!

What i was trying to say and what came across were completely different and that is why i edited my posts!

I could never get the R32 running the way i wanted!! but that is all sorted now as i have changed tuners and the cars ecu etc etc..and tbh the driver was partly to blame as well...:innocent:

IF i had a 9 second car (for arguments sake) i would not be shouting about it.........

What is the next event you are at MArk??

Stu

I take nothing away from john's time and think he has done very well indeed tbh!

What i was trying to say and what came across were completely different and that is why i edited my posts!

I could never get the R32 running the way i wanted!! but that is all sorted now as i have changed tuners and the cars ecu etc etc..and tbh the driver was partly to blame as well...:innocent:

IF i had a 9 second car (for arguments sake) i would not be shouting about it.........

What is the next event you are at MArk??

Stu

probably the jap performance show if my cars ready and nos fitted. will be a shakedown run to test the single out

question is, is your car up for tob3 or out to play, show them how to do it

:D

Originally posted by Xantim

Dude you still havent answerd my question.........you running on street tires or slicks/drag radials?

But we still have the fastest supra in europ :flame Dev

Sorry mate didnt realise i had ignored you !!!!, i did the time on BFG DR's , i have some Nittos' as well but as soon as i get the Bogart 15's i'll run slicks by choice (this is financial not so much for grip) and DR's when i have too (TOTB etc) but allways in 15" form to get the bigger sidewall. The spec of the cat may well have totally changed by santa pod to one that is defo CAPABLE of hitting the 9's but we will have to see , it depends on what i think of the new converter .Whatever i will still drive it up there (150 mls) and hopefully home again :)

Dude:flame Dev

Who gives a shit...no really, errrr my cars faster than yours, no it isn't, yes it is, Mummy MUMMY TELL HIM...

God sometimes this BBS is like a kindergarten..

Well done Dude I'm sure you have put a lot of hard work into doing this and so you deserve the credit and praise.

I think Branners should slap your Bot bots for bickering and send you to bed with out a story....

:p :p :D

Chill everyone, its only fun.....Isn't it ??????

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

whats with all the editing? looks like back peddling.

these cars that do 9 seconds in secret are BS if you had a 9 second car you would be shouting about it from the roof tops.

do you remember at york when someone said to you how fast is your car and you said pick any car here and i will beat it.

and you were running 11`s with t78 set up.

if someone runs a 9 at a track like santapod or elvington or avon park, it will be all over the forums before you get home.

you cant take it away from john doing all work on his car and building his own car. the CRD is impressive its an out and out drag car 1 seat, slicks. think people will warm towards a uk car as its possible for good times here too.

its starting to get better over here for supras with a few putting singles on. so lets see how it goes

Same old story Mark ive been hearing it for years , 'My mates got a quicker car than this BUT

1) its in the shop getting another 500 hp

2) its getting painted

3) when he gets out of prison he'l race you

4) hes in the SAS on manouvers at the moment

5) when i get my head out my arse i'll blow you away

In short theres allways a faster car but its never where it needs to be (at the track) Good luck to anyone putting a car together its a long hard expensive slog to get it right :D

Originally posted by Green Peace

Who gives a shit...no really, errrr my cars faster than yours, no it isn't, yes it is, Mummy MUMMY TELL HIM...

God sometimes this BBS is like a kindergarten..

Well done Dude I'm sure you have put a lot of hard work into doing this and so you deserve the credit and praise.

I think Branners should slap your Bot bots for bickering and send you to bed with out a story....

:p :p :D

Chill everyone, its only fun.....Isn't it ??????

Here here Greeny , both cars are awesome in their own way , The CRD car is an animal and for a change the driver (Dee i believe) seems to be able to (shock horror) actually drive the car and get it to launch , it looks awesome and i look forward to racing it , so it was imported but that was a common sense way of buying performance but it will break and then CRD will need to put it back together so in the end it will become their own car as it will prob end up with a different engine if it grenades in a spectacular fashion , either way this sort of performance is long overdue in the UK supra community , the skytaxis have had it their own way for far too long .:thumbs:

Anyone going to Elvington on the 4th July?? I think it is the warm up / test event for totb3.

I will be there! and i am hoping to put in some shakedown runs etc!

John how can you get 15's Bogarts on the back of your car?? Have you gone down to smaller rear brakes etc??

Hope the weather stays good for the event...

Stu

Anyone going to Elvington on the 4th July?? I think it is the warm up / test event for totb3.

I will be there! and i am hoping to put in some shakedown runs etc!

John how can you get 15's Bogarts on the back of your car?? Have you gone down to smaller rear brakes etc??

Hope the weather stays good for the event...

Stu

Thats right dude they only fit over J-spec brakes :( , bit loath to take off the UKs but there you go !!!:thumbs: