2004 Supra Gumball - 14th & 21st August

mawby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tbourner

Where exactly are we starting from?

The Loseley park site says it's near Compton and the post code suggests somewhere completely different.

Maybe I'll just find you on the A3 somewhere.

Right I have just been to try and find this place as the directions given are useless.

For people trying to find this place my directions should get you there.

1. A3 go down to the turn off for Haslemere, Eashing (A286).

2. Take the slip road and go down to the roundabout.

3. At the roundabout head for Milford and Haslemere.

4. Go past the Esso Garage on your right, over the traffic lights, bear round to the right and turn left just past the Mazda Garage on your left, just before the traffic lights.

5. Go down to the end of the road till you come to a roundabout.

6. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit for Haslemere, you should see a sign for the Witley Centre with an acorn (if memory serves)

7. keep on going down that road for about 1.5 miles and you should see a sign for the Witley Centre (again with an acorn on it) and a sign for a crossroads.

8. Turn right at that junction into Webb Rd (cul de sac)

You should now have arrived :thumbs: Whitley Common is on this road.

WARNING! do not go into the car park, if you have got a body kit and/or your car is low, as you will prolly not clear the speed bumps.

For those who have a navigation system that will take lat/long co-ords, here is the exact location:

Lat N 51:09:33

Long W 00:39:55

If anyone gets lost, gimme a call on 07976-167692 and I will attempt to help you get there.

What a PITA Supe not back from bodyshop they have only had it a MONTH !!!!! Still coming though will be tagging along with Martin R ( my brother )

Really wanna do one of these can you set another up for September Pleeease Mawby ??

Originally posted by oxygene

Right I have just been to try and find this place as the directions given are useless.

For people trying to find this place my directions should get you there.

1. A3 go down to the turn off for Haslemere, Eashing (A286).

2. Take the slip road and go down to the roundabout.

3. At the roundabout head for Milford and Haslemere.

4. Go past the Esso Garage on your right, over the traffic lights, bear round to the right and turn left just past the Mazda Garage on your left, just before the traffic lights.

5. Go down to the end of the road till you come to a roundabout.

6. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit for Haslemere, you should see a sign for the Witley Centre with an acorn (if memory serves)

7. keep on going down that road for about 1.5 miles and you should see a sign for the Witley Centre (again with an acorn on it) and a sign for a crossroads.

8. Turn right at that junction into Webb Rd (cul de sac)

You should now have arrived :thumbs: Whitley Common is on this road.

WARNING! do not go into the car park, if you have got a body kit and/or your car is low, as you will prolly not clear the speed bumps.

For those who have a navigation system that will take lat/long co-ords, here is the exact location:

Lat N 51:09:33

Long W 00:39:55

If anyone gets lost, gimme a call on 07976-167692 and I will attempt to help you get there.

Cheers m8, that's what I had marked on the map too!

I've got my BT Freeway if I get lost!! :D

TODAY

Cheers Oxy for the extra directions. If people have a problem with the car park then try and get as close as possible and walk in. Hopefully we wont have too many problems but you never can tell, bloody things are appearing everywhere! :mad:

That's got me thinking... maybe the club needs to acquire some ramps or somethings that we can put down to get lowered cars over speed bumps! :)

It was great to see you all even if I did'nt get to go all the way round. I joined up with the posse at Seaford and then greatly enjoyed the drive up to Horsham apart from that prat who got in front of us and then insisted on going along at the speed of a snail, oh well ! some nice speedy bitswere managed anyway.:) It was nice to meet Ian and Martin, Ross thanks for leading us to the band I would still be sitting in the wrong car park!!!! Wayne thanks for the drink, most kind, nice to meet your dad too, by the way loved your car a dash to die for!!!!!lol. Ash and Martin always a pleasure. Andy and Sue lovely to see you again see ya on Friday. To everyone else, nice to have seen you .See ya all soon;)

Sheena:)

I second that Sheena, A great day and as a newbie got the chance to really give the car a blast. We got back at midnight but it was well worth it. Stopped off a couple of times on the way back for lots of coffee!!!. Reckon we will do the next one and Ian should have his car back by then!!!!!!!.

Supradibbs let me know if you plan a Brighton meet could be up for that.

(620 mile trip and going on the West Midlands Meet today, you never get tired of driving a SUPE)

Take it easy guys!!!

Originally posted by MARTIN R

I second that Sheena, A great day and as a newbie got the chance to really give the car a blast. We got back at midnight but it was well worth it. Stopped off a couple of times on the way back for lots of coffee!!!. Reckon we will do the next one and Ian should have his car back by then!!!!!!!.

Supradibbs let me know if you plan a Brighton meet could be up for that.

(620 mile trip and going on the West Midlands Meet today, you never get tired of driving a SUPE)

Take it easy guys!!!

Feck me you guys are hardcore!!!!!!

will let you know

Great day out it was great to meet everyone,really nice bunch of people the old man is now talking of gettin a sup:)

Looking forward to the next meet,and well done to mawby superb day out

Didn't manage to catch up with with you all after we got lost in Winchelsea!!! Bloody radio's having a short range didn't help either!!!!

We were behind 3 cars, came round the bend after that hairpin uphill thingy and you lot were nowhere to be seen!!!!

Never mind, we went home after that.

Sounds like you all had a great time...I'm sorry I wasn't there but me Supras having Botox at the mo...I'll def be up for a Westenderz when 'Sham' comes back...

I just hope it will be before my holiday to France (or after)

Whers the pictures then come on cough em up!!!

:D :cool:

Thanks to everyone who turned up. We were very lucky with the weather, only a few spots of rain the whole day. Great to meet some new people and to give those turbo's a good blasting!

It's a shame we seem to be plaiged by slow drivers! Some of those were really taking the piss. :mad: 35 in a 60!

Anyway, it seems we've found a good Eastern route if I sort out the beginning. The M25 is such a pain, and I'll not even comment on the A21. Rest assurred I'll stay well clear of those roads for the next Gumball.

Speaking of next Gumball, I did say I'll try and organise one for the end of September weather permitting. If I do, will people be interested in doing the Western or Eastern part again, or both? We might be pushing it to find two dry weekends in September, but another idea I had was to have both on one weekend as last year, but actually organise to stay in a B&B/hotel over night so there isn't too much driving for those wanting to do both. Sound good? Anyway, let me know if you're interested and I'll see what I can do, but I stress it will only happen if the weather is good!

Now who was it with the video camera? Come on, get it posted up here!

We would def be up for another Gumball pref West but East if not.

Glad you had a good one this time, shame we could'nt get to it.

If both a West & East arn't pos how about a "Central one" there's some nice roads around the Hants / Wilts border or further North.

Cheers

Originally posted by Soo

We would def be up for another Gumball pref West but East if not.

Glad you had a good one this time, shame we could'nt get to it.

If both a West & East arn't pos how about a "Central one" there's some nice roads around the Hants / Wilts border or further North.

Cheers

Sounds like a plan...how about it mawby..?

Originally posted by oxygene

Martin and I would be up for doing both parts if it happened that way, but a stop off would b kewl too :thumbs:

If memory serves it was Wayne (Supradibbs..?) who had the video camera, well his dad was the camerman :)

Thats right thae old git did some filming some good footage of you ash and the dump valve sounded lovely when you booted it along side us:p only problem is he does not know how to get it onto hes computer needs some kinda lead.

The guy in that gorgeous light blue supra did alot of filming and said he would be posting it up!!!!!

2004_0821image0013.jpg