The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2004 Supra Gumball - 14th & 21st August

mawby

Well Mart and I tried to meet you for the first leg at Stone Henge and couldnt get there in time, due to heavy traffic.

Pulled up in the car park at 11:25 (as i said bad traffic) and the car park attendant said that you had all left 20 mins previous....

Well we though shall we try and catch u all up and then thought we don't know where we are going. So after doing other stuff this afternoon have decided to meet you all at Sutton Scotney Services on the last leg of the gumball.

Was a shame the traffic was so crap, as it would have been a blast, but there is always next week :thumbs: starting in Godawfulming 7 miles from where we live, so we know we wont be late for that one :)

See you all tonight!! :p

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Shit that means the pack would have all left Dunster at about 1340 right so we just missed you.

Did you see all the pheasants we got on the A358 AND did you see the old witches cottage; man what a lovely area to live lol

Fifty:)

well not sure how the whole journey turned out but the start was a disaster lol!, i was at Stonehenge at 8.30 next person turned up at 9 and everybody else turned up after 10!!! Traffic was a complete nightmare, i tried to get the guys that started at the first meet point ahead of the worst part of the A303 traffic by taking some shortcuts i knew of but the traffic was horrendous at the 303 junction i took em to, still i must of saved em at least 1 1/2 hrs of waiting in traffic time!!! better luck next time!:(

Well what can I say, the start was terrible. We were doing great upto Stone Henge, we got within 2 miles of it and then sat in traffic for 20 minutes! Sorry to those who missed us, we did wait around a while but decided if we were to ever finish the Gumball we would have to leave.

Cheers to iS_nEaR for the shortcut, it did actually work. It took us all about 10 minutes to get onto the bloody A303, but once on it we made up good time. Whilst waiting to join the A303 Matt shot past and spotted us, pulled in and waited so we had 5 in the convoy again.

We had a good run to the Castle (with some bad bits as normal) but we didn't make up enough time to catch Fifty though by the sounds of it. Due to the size of the speed bumps on th castle grounds we had to park in the village public car park so even if you were there you might not have seen us, although we drive through the little village 3 times so you should have heard us! :)

We did then venture down to the little chef, but it was around 5 o'clock by the time we got there. Because it was getting late and most people had other places to go, we decided to call it a day. We headed for home, although we still followed the Gumball route through the moors.

I have to say that despite the traffic at the beginning everyone who was in the convoy seemed to enjoy the route. There were some amazing twisty routes in some of the most beautiful countryside I've seen in a long while. The others will tell you I often put my foot down and then had to make good use of those UK brakes! :D

I will definitely be keeping the route from Minehead and through the moors in next years event, that was just excellent! I will try again to find a start place where we can all meet with not too much traffic about. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

Now, I have to appoligise to everyone for the rather sharpest (and in hindsight stupid) quick exit I did for the services. As it was the person who wanted it (Matt) didn't actually make the turn, D'oh! Not that it made any difference, the services no longer existed and once we drove a mile or so along some country lane we rejoined the A35 to find the services had been moved to the next junction.... which I missed as I wasn't prepared to make another hastey exit! Matt did catch up with me a little later on so I presume you made for the services.

Well thanks to everyone for attending and I will try to make next years event even better still. Lets hope next weeks event goes even better.

Yes, good roads once past the "world's slowest car driver"! Particularly liked the one with that whole series of right-left-right corners. Only got lost once, taking the wrong exit off a roundabout back the way I'd just come :stupid:. Luckily I hauled arse and caught up again. Sorry for blasting past you and dissapearing on the way back home Mawby, had to get a move on as I was running very late! I was back home at 7:30 though, you can really go pretty fast down the A35 when you're concentrating and really need to!

Bit worrying amount of smoke on idle started coming out the back of my car though! Did you find your loose hose Mawby?

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

:(

Shit that means the pack would have all left Dunster at about 1340 right so we just missed you.

Did you see all the pheasants we got on the A358 AND did you see the old witches cottage; man what a lovely area to live lol

Fifty:)

I think Mawby definitely saw the pheasants! He was nearly responsible for another one meeting its maker when it ran out in front of him!

Originally posted by SimonB

I think Mawby definitely saw the pheasants! He was nearly responsible for another one meeting its maker when it ran out in front of him!

Stupid bloody thing. It was heading for the side of the road, so I headed towards traffic coming the other way to miss it. Then when I'm about far away it goes kamakarzi and heads the otherway! It's just bloody lucky I've got decent breaks and tyres otherwise it would certainly not be around anymore!

Having said that, it seemed to be my day for people heading right for me. That bird, then that bloke who just swerved into my lane on the motorway, then on the way home I was happily doing 80 down the M27 when a big fook off 4x4 with tinted windows went across 2 lanes without signalling and nearly sideswiped me! Again it was only the UK breaks and bridgestone tyres that saved me when I had to hit the breaks and swerve into the central reservation and back out again! He was lucky he pulled over and put his hand up to apoligise afterwards cause I was seeing red and was prepared to chase him down the motorway and :twak: him one as soon as he stopped!

:)

Mawby - never mind and thx for organising:)

It seems you must have left Dunster way after me. We left at 1320 and made Little Chef at 1435!!

What was really weird was that white Supra; I mean what were the chances of picking up a Supra like that following the Gumball exactly. I t is a member; new I think; because its someone who has/runs a graphics Company and I remember seeing that on a profile.

That road through the valley was fab but did you see the massive trees on the corners no place to fishtail a Supra.

:innocent:

Fifty

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

That road through the valley was fab but did you see the massive trees on the corners no place to fishtail a Supra.

I managed between 60 and 80 when I had the chance to put my foot down, and yes the thought was always in my mind that if the back end went it was going to be expensive! :D

i thought it was a shame when we left Stonehenge that you guys got caught behind some slow drivers coz i think the shortcut road i took you on was awsome for fast straights and long swooping bends with big dips!, thats the first time ive taken my supe on that road but definately plan on going back on it and having a play, hopefully it will be minus the tractors, caravans and granny drivers!:sly:

Apologies for not making this, a shopping trip was sprung on me late on during the week and had no way of getting out of it :(

Seems like you had a rather entertaining time trying to meet up though :D

I also wont be able to make this Saturday as it's Saints first home game of the season and I don't intend to miss it, although I know it's gonna be the wrong decision :(

Ah well, always next year :)

Have a good time and get some pics up soon will ya :D

A BIG thanks to mawby for organising the west gumball,it's just a shame more people could not make the starting point, as this would solve the problem of missing others at the next stop off's along the way, due to bad traffic etc and subsequent delays. Still having said that, the 5 of us who did manage to make it had a good day, with some nice twisty section's and occasional blast down a dual-carriageway. But now and again you allways seem to get stuck behind a Rover driver doing 25mph on the smallest bit's of road.(never mind!) Just another suggestion maybe more people could swap mobile numbers, so let others know of pending delays and E T A's of the next stop off when people are joining the convoy at various points along the way.(If you don't mind giving out your No of course)

Looking forward to next Sat' East Gumball, and praying for good weather just like last weekend.Hope to see more supra's at this one. P.S. walkie talkie's are very handy when convoying around and trying to stay together (Ch 5.5 )

Originally posted by Jive

Ah well, always next year :)

Have a good time and get some pics up soon will ya :D

Well I've been thinking of maybe holding another Western one towards the end of Septermber. I'll sort out the start point so everyone can meet up on time without getting stuck in too much traffic. It would be weather dependant, but I had such a good time I can't wait till next year to do it again!

Hopefully this weekends event will be just as good. The only bit I'm not too sure about now is the Margate Caves. Can anyone local give any advice, like speed bumps and general availability of parking spaces? Might be we stop short of it at the services just before entering the town centre.

As for photo's, I was gutted I forgot to take my camera. Hopefully someone will have taken some?

Hi Guys,

I will only be able to get to the Horsham meeting point as my husband although I booked Saturday as my play day haas said hhe is free to plaay cricket at Horsham on the saame day!!! So I have to stay aand watch the kids but I will come down for the meet up at the end of the Gumball!!!!!Damn I am really pissed about this!!!!!! Oh by thhe way one of my girrl friends may be coming with me either with me or she will come down on her motorbike behind me, is that ok. Again sorry but not my fault.

Yours pissed off a lot.

Sheena:flame Dev

I won't be coming unless I can get my oil changed first!!!

Bloody kwik-fit!! Who suggested going there? 2 of them can't get the car on the ramp, I've now been passed on to another branch!!!

Still, £39 for Mobil1 change aint bad (as I'd probably pay that for the oil anyway).

Finally got some free time, so I just wanted to say hi to everyone I met on Saturday’s gumball.

Mawby & Genna

Mr T (andy)

SimonB

Neo & mate

I had a good time and it was great meeting all of you, shame we were behind schedule and did not have time to sight see but maybe next time.

Mawby don’t worry about the rather sharp exit you took, found some fuel eventually and caught up with you again on the way home. Thanks for welcoming us and for organising the event. Have to admit I was bloody tired when we got home, clocked some good mileage on nice country roads.

Mr T I forgot to thank you for the voucher you gave me sorry, so thanks mate.

Looking forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Cheers Matt

:)

Originally posted by tbourner

I won't be coming unless I can get my oil changed first!!!

Bloody kwik-fit!! Who suggested going there? 2 of them can't get the car on the ramp, I've now been passed on to another branch!!!

Still, £39 for Mobil1 change aint bad (as I'd probably pay that for the oil anyway).

I f you having probs mate bring it round my place and stick over my pit tomorow!!!!!!