The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Single Kit

Nic

Nice set up Nic, I'd get someone to fabricate a support for the turbo though, and the `gate.

Chris, how would you suggest I do the supports? Do you have any pics you could post? I have a friend whose a welder, so if I had a pic I'm sure he could knock something up for me.

cheers

From Chris's previous posts I think he means a support for the turbo and wategate section from somewhere other than the manifold, like the block.

I really don't think those supports on the XS power manifold make much difference since they're solid (I.e could promote cracking in other areas).

You need rose jointed links, either from above or below, so expansion and movement is possible. I have some pics of how the F1 boys got over cracking back in the eighties when they ran turbo 1500 cc engines. Even Inconel was cracking until they supported the tuebo and wastegate. See ftp://ftp.chriswilson.tv/F1_turbo for some pics. You MUST allow movement though, I dont think Mikes idea will work too well, sorry.

You need rose jointed links, either from above or below, so expansion and movement is possible. I have some pics of how the F1 boys got over cracking back in the eighties when they ran turbo 1500 cc engines. Even Inconel was cracking until they supported the tuebo and wastegate. See ftp://ftp.chriswilson.tv/F1_turbo for some pics. You MUST allow movement though, I dont think Miles idea will work too well, sorry.

great idea will look into making one of them when I start my install.

If the manifold it wrapped will this not increase the chances of it cracking?

The last of the parts arrived today from Powerhouse Racing. I'm impressed with the quality, the down pipe and mid pipe are both HPC Coated stainless steel and all vband fittings look very substantial.

1. PHR 4" Down Pipe & Mid Pipe Kit (including vband clamps)

2. PHR 4" Vband to 2 bolt adapter (adapter to convert vband to fit my ARC exhaust)

3. PHR Dump/Screamer Pipe

4. PHR 4" Air Intake Kit (K&N filter, intake pipe, silicon joints and fasteners).

5. PHR Intercooler Pipe Kit (IC pipe to connect to HKS Type R Intercooler, plus silicon joints and fasteners).

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/8285/phrsinglepartslr7.jpg

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• 5 years later...

Hi nic great build thread wish you al the best pal:)

Just curious the kit you orders where did you get it from?

Also you mentioned it will run on hks fcon v pro? Ecu?

I'm weighing up the poss of a conversion on my na supra auto, superchagring or turbo lol

Cheers

Hi nic great build thread wish you al the best pal:)

Just curious the kit you orders where did you get it from?

Also you mentioned it will run on hks fcon v pro? Ecu?

I'm weighing up the poss of a conversion on my na supra auto, superchagring or turbo lol

Cheers

You do know this thread is 6 years old right? :D