The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 TOYOTA SUPRA VVTi SPECIAL EDITION

Dale B

Originally posted by Peter Sharp

There is a special edition as I seen one while in US last year....have a pic somewhere.......I'll be back.

Was that the 25th anniversary edition, with the bling chrome rims?

(which are missing from that car)

edit not seen RHD version or VVTi?

Baby Forces sale....lol

It must be a very big baby....coz I got room for several babies in mine.

I remember someone trying to sell my Mum a secondhand washing machine once....he said it was owned by a Doctor....

well that really is a Unique selling point lol.

This was in Somerset so understandable really.

:p

Originally posted by Green Peace

I remember someone trying to sell my Mum a secondhand washing machine once....he said it was owned by a Doctor....

well that really is a Unique selling point lol.

:p

That means it's had a lot of ill peoples' blood and sh*t through it.

Originally posted by Supragal

Jake- Supras were £20k when they were new? Erm, I thought they were loads more?? :conf:

The UK Spec ones were sold over here for like £40+k but that was until, when? '96?

A 1999 VVTI would have sold for (the Yen equivilent of) twenty odd grand in Japan. There was a thread on here about this subject a few weeks ago.

Maybe you'd have had to pay a lot extra for one of those ultra rare ZS400 Special Edition ZRS Supera models though.

Timwildman and stealthhosts - can I ask what models you have? There's a very good chance that someone has actually taken the trouble to get your rear seats leathered, or perhaps I've stumbled across another pre/post-facelift difference (have you both got post-1997 cars maybe...?).

Certainly any Supra pre-facelift had vinyl rear seats as standard, but I'd be interested to hear what you have for the technical section article I'm writing at the moment.

Many thanks :)

Limited Edition - Take outside Titan Motorsport's building last year.....will be there again next week :D

You aren't saying Toyota actually sold this abortion themselves, `cos I'd find that very hard to believe.? Nor am I convinced any one off colour was ever produced. Sounds like a body kitted, resprayed, probably accident damaged car being sold to me. Someone should ask if the car is in factory paint or subsequently RE painted!

I'm not commenting on the one Boneyard posted up, just the fact that I had seen a Limited Edition supra while in the US however, this had been kitted up as you can see.

I *think* the stock car was a limited edition to start off with ??

I have seen a white soop with this limited badge on in a (US) vid too.

I'm not commenting on the one Boneyard posted up, just the fact that I had seen a Limited Edition supra while in the US however, this had been kitted up as you can see.

I *think* the stock car was a limited edition to start off with ??

I have seen a white soop with this limited badge on in a (US) vid too.

Didn't he get out of bed the wrong side this morning ;)

Not had coffee yet :(

The Saphire blue was rare or rarer than Silver or Red, sounds like he does not know what he is selling though! might be a good buy if someone who does knows looks at it.

And new supe's for 20,000? even the n/a were about the 32k mark i thought even in yen?

Originally posted by 200SX Boy

Timwildman and stealthhosts - can I ask what models you have? There's a very good chance that someone has actually taken the trouble to get your rear seats leathered, or perhaps I've stumbled across another pre/post-facelift difference (have you both got post-1997 cars maybe...?).

Certainly any Supra pre-facelift had vinyl rear seats as standard, but I'd be interested to hear what you have for the technical section article I'm writing at the moment.

Many thanks :)

My 98 VVT-i has vinyl in the rear.......

• 2 weeks later...